Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default Losi Truggy

when is it coming . this is a hot market and losi isn't testing just because . just like they weren't coming out with an 1/8th scale . yeah right
Old 05-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

The way it's going, everyone and their dog will have a Truggy. It's quickly developing into a popular class in which to race, so I'd expect most (if not all) of the big names to release one before too long.

I can see it now - Xray, Losi, AE, Yokomo etc.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

I think that was an Adam Drake creation. If they do a truggy it should be similar to the 8ight
Old 05-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I think there will be a LST2 conversion to truggy kit before there will be a 8ight inspired truggy.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SUNA
I think there will be a LST2 conversion to truggy kit before there will be a 8ight inspired truggy.
Thats exactly what I've been finding. They plan to eventually release the "Muggy" which is the LST2 truggy conversion kit. Then probably 1 year after the 8ight you will see an 8ight-T
Old 05-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Over on the 8ight thread, they claim that Losi have 'no plans' to base a truggy on the 8ight.........mmmmmm, right, whatever - 'cos no one believes that!!

It's just a matter of time. If the 8ight works right and sells well, it's clear that there will be a Losi truggy based on it.

The Muggy concept is sure to confuse everyone!! It's come at a time when people are debating whether the term 'Truggy' should still be used, now that the class has become popular.

In the UK, RRCi magazine is trying to convince people that the new HPI Hellfire isn't a Truggy - because HPI have never had a 1/8th buggy to base the Hellfire - even though it's raced in the Truggy class and can't be classed as an MT.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Horatio
Over on the 8ight thread, they claim that Losi have 'no plans' to base a truggy on the 8ight

there were no claims.....it was a direct quote. i had asked the drake the question myself......that was a direct quote from him. take HIS remarks for whatever you feel they're worth.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Just for the record, I'm not accusing anyone of telling lies.

Whilst it was 'the Drake' that relayed Losi's lack of intention to entering the Truggy market, I find it hard to understand why a company like Losi, who now have the LST2 (badged under Losi) and the 8ight on the verge of release, wouldn't even attempt to get their own market share in Truggies, now or in the future.

It's far more likely that they have no immediate plans to design a Truggy, but that doesn't rule out the possibility that they could be considering designing one depending on the success of the 8ight.

Hey, it's just a hunch, but then again I'm not Drake!!
Old 05-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Horatio
I find it hard to understand why a company like Losi,....... wouldn't even attempt to get their own market share in Truggies, now or in the future.

the same could be said of associated. why haven't they come out with a 4wd electric....or an 1/8th buggy of their own, considering the market out there for both?
Old 05-20-2006, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

...why haven't they? It's simple...the truggy market is still in its infantile stage and there is no clear cut winning design. In time and through lots of RD work...Losi will compete in the truggy class.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dirtracer1
the same could be said of associated. why haven't they come out with a 4wd electric....or an 1/8th buggy of their own, considering the market out there for both?
With AE, the reason is clear; they have had a long standing deal with Yokomo. Regards 1/8th buggy/truggy - watch this space......
Old 05-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SUNA
.....In time and through lots of RD work...Losi will compete in the truggy class.
Of course they will!!
Old 05-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Man, I'll bet AE's long standing deal with Yokomo must be in dire straits seeing as the majority of their team members have been running BJ4s for the last couple years.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtracer1
there were no claims.....it was a direct quote. i had asked the drake the question myself......that was a direct quote from him. take HIS remarks for whatever you feel they're worth.
Drake says they arent planning to come out with one? Even if they were he cant release that to the public. But I bet thee will be one shortly after the 8ight
Old 05-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AZRCaddict
Drake says they arent planning to come out with one? Even if they were he cant release that to the public. But I bet thee will be one shortly after the 8ight

i'd bet there will be one too. i just repeated what the man said. i would'nt bet the farm that there won't be an 8ight based truggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.