Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
I'm from the Central USA. Our outdoor season has stopped. In the southern states of the USA they keep racing. Weather dictates the racing. LOL.

For my T, I have used the OS .21 VG, the Mach 427, and a Novarossi .21BF. Each engine performs well, and the race tracks determine which engine I will use. I like the Novarossi in my 8 B better though. So it has a permanent home with the buggy. I was amazed how well the OS .21 VG moves the truggy around the track. The only thing it lacks is a bit of top end. But I get into trouble when I use high powered engines. So these engines work great for me. I'm in control, making good lap times, and really enjoying it.
oh i c.guess its stil cold at your area.

wow. surprising OS is good enough. i been always pro novarossi. there is where i got my nick from,haha.

i think OS can be good too, due to the fact you can full throttle all around the track. yup i agree in control is always better than losing control. by the way, hav u tested before the jp or novamax buggy engine, or perhaps u have friend using them..
i m thinkin of getting another engine. just a thought only.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you mean JP Racing Engines, yes, I have a friend that only uses those engines. They are AWESOME!! He has a lot of the JP Mod engines. Makes me sick when I see his line up. LOL. He is a great driver, always the winner locally, and always in the A main at large races. I've never heard of the Novamax. Is there a link or website?
Old 01-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

If you mean JP Racing Engines, yes, I have a friend that only uses those engines. They are AWESOME!! He has a lot of the JP Mod engines. Makes me sick when I see his line up. LOL. He is a great driver, always the winner locally, and always in the A main at large races. I've never heard of the Novamax. Is there a link or website?
yeah i am refering to that engine.wow you friend are loaded. i do plan to get 1 of those, if my pocket allow me. currently i am using rb c6 t7.its good, very powerful. guess your friend is a truely racer. i prefer to bash around and enjoy my rc goodies that i manage to buy.

http://www.rcmaxpower.com/ . try this. its another good engine. not sure how good it is.. cheers
Old 01-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

Hmmm...Those look like another engine. The machined cuts look like one I was looking at the other day, but I can't remember what it was. I'm looking it up now. But they do look good. I'm also looking to see who they use for distribution.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Tech Champion

http://www.rcmaxpower.com/en/products/motori.asp?id=113

I bet they're a good engine. I wonder how close to the Novarossi engines they are. If you look at the head of the Plus 21 Novarossi and compare it to that 5 port MAX motor, they kind of have the same design in machined cut. Of course there is only so much you can do with making them look different. This isn't a new line of Novarossi engines is it?
Old 01-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.rcmaxpower.com/en/products/motori.asp?id=113

I bet they're a good engine. I wonder how close to the Novarossi engines they are. If you look at the head of the Plus 21 Novarossi and compare it to that 5 port MAX motor, they kind of have the same design in machined cut. Of course there is only so much you can do with making them look different. This isn't a new line of Novarossi engines is it?
they are supposed to be better than novarossi. its modified base from novarossi. yeah same design crank case, only harden crankshaft with putty,
different heat sink and porting.

nope ,not really new. been in the market for quite some time. i heard of it like say 4 years ago.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:47 AM
Tech Champion

LOL. Well if they are supposed to be better than Novarossi, that definately means I can't afford it. LOL.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:55 AM
Tech Regular

LOL. Well if they are supposed to be better than Novarossi, that definately means I can't afford it. LOL.
how much is a novarossi engine cost in your area? i doubt its very costly.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Not counting the .21BF, most of them run $350 USD and up. They are great engines, I just need to pony up and get one. But I like the JP engines very much also. So I don't know yet. I have about another month to really get ready.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Not counting the .21BF, most of them run $350 USD and up. They are great engines, I just need to pony up and get one. But I like the JP engines very much also. So I don't know yet. I have about another month to really get ready.
well i think its not expensive at all. over here my rb with the tune pipe will cost me 1950rm. tat is very expensive, as in i got to save alot or more to buy an engine. mayb i wil target to buy a Jp. right now i need fund to buy
rx, module and lipo for my b44.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Well if you use the MYR as your currency that comes out to about double a Nova price here in the US. But I'm not positive on the type of currency you use over there. At any rate it sounds like you have some good quality engines to choose from over there. Let me know how they perform.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Default jp

Well if you use the MYR as your currency that comes out to about double a Nova price here in the US. But I'm not positive on the type of currency you use over there. At any rate it sounds like you have some good quality engines to choose from over there. Let me know how they perform.
its bout same price to USD if i purchase not from LHS, i got to bring it in myself. well yes it is of same quality of course.
yeah wait til i get hold of one JP first. my rb just got run in. so it witl take me some time to think should i buy another extra engine for standby or just for the sake of testing it out what is the diferent.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

would yall get the race roller, or the rtr and upgrade it slowely for a new racer?
Old 01-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Tech Champion

ROLLER.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Get the race roller

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.