Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
Yes. You can tune the way the engine behaves with the pipes. Some pipes are great for one engine but not the best for another engine.

I'd say try to keep the nose up a little more when landing jumps. Either that or there is no shock oil in the rear shocks and it bounces violently off the rear end. Sounds odd to me. Those springs are the ones that come with the roller. I'm not sure what the RTR comes with.

yes i just check tat the stock roller come fit in rear gray spring and front black spring. guess its the best combination.

the only thing is mayb i m not used to the track. there is a small double jump. if i go full or mid throttle, my losi wil land in the front. this wil cause it to back flip. this is the issue. mayb its the driving style. stil confuse.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MetalShield
I agree,

rossii... If you want more lift off the jump increase shock oil weight or try harder springs. Also check if the car has "brake-drag"... with the engine off and having the electronics on! Push the car back and forth to feel resistance. if theres "brake-drag" then adjust your throttle/break linkage until you free up the resistance. This will help make it easier to balance the car out in the air.
oh i see. there will be more lift in the front if i use harder spring.

i realise one thing about my losi is when i release throttle there is a sound,
its sound like the brake caliper touching the brake. i m not sure.
but there isnt any binding or drag though.

yeah i agree, drag can cause imbalance. so far in the mid air nothing to complain bout my losi. its good. only this minor mini double jump.
quite tricky.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Oh, I see now. You mean the nose stays high when you come off the jumps? OK. Yeah, just learn to let off the throttle a little sooner and it will fly good. If it does go nose high start applying a little brake to get the nose to come down. Depending on how high the nose goes you might have to use more brake.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Rossi, several of us have noticed the same thing from other drivers we race with. It just seems they stay in the throttle about a half second too long. this keeps the nose way up in the air and the truck will land poorly. After a few races they learn. I remember that happened to me too on the first day I drove it. But it just took a little practice and all is well.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

NO NO air8 . this i dun hav much issue on it.

i m refering to those little double small jump. i happen to drive almost half or full throttle, then my car will land in the front, backside up in the air, this will cause my car to back flip. tat is y i feel tat mayb i should put harder spring in the front.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rossii
i m refering to those little double small jump. my car will land in the front, backside up in the air, this will cause my car to back flip.
not sure what you mean... lol maybe I'm not reading it right! but I think your talking about a rumble patch on the track?? or a small double rhythm section??... both need alot of practice. car setup is only one part of two to win races; the other is practice.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rossii
when i release throttle there is a sound,
its sound like the brake caliper touching the brake. i m not sure.
but there isnt any binding or drag though.
its not the brake, you said there was not any drag... do you have the aluminum inserts or shims in the rear diff case? if not grab the two rear diff out-drives and move it left to right... if theres left and right movement you'll have to open the rear case and look at the gears. if theres shavings in there...

that maybe the cause of the nose dipping right after you catch air... just a thought!!??
Old 01-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

not sure what you mean... lol maybe I'm not reading it right! but I think your talking about a rumble patch on the track?? or a small double rhythm section??... both need alot of practice. car setup is only one part of two to win races; the other is practice.
yeah its those rumble patch , double rhythm section.
i hav to go slow to allow the car to cross it. this area i wil be overtake by other cars. mayb i need practise b4 jumping into setting up the car.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

its not the brake, you said there was not any drag... do you have the aluminum inserts or shims in the rear diff case? if not grab the two rear diff out-drives and move it left to right... if theres left and right movement you'll have to open the rear case and look at the gears. if theres shavings in there...

that maybe the cause of the nose dipping right after you catch air... just a thought!!??
i m not sure bout the aluminum insert or shims in diff case. i havent dismantle and check my car. jus ran it the first time recently. i think its ok.
mayb i should check if there are play. wow are you refering to wear and there of the bevel gears ?

so far if it fly high its ok. it doesnt hav nose dipping effect. happen on to small jump only.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

technically Ive gone too deep... sounds like you need LOTS of practice... good luck^
also, to make it easier for us to help you, explain your problem more accurately next time.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

technically Ive gone too deep... sounds like you need LOTS of practice... good luck^
also, to make it easier for us to help you, explain your problem more accurately next time.
haha. ok sure. i shall practise more and go slow. step by step.
thanks for the info anyway.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:29 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah, it's hard for us stubborn Americans to understand the terms from across the pond. LOL. Rossi--if I remember you are from around Italy right? If you think you need to make suspension changes, I say try it. That's the best way to learn. If you don't like the change you can always put it back. sounds like you have a good technical track. Those tracks really teach a person how to drive fast.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Are all you amercians still racing or has your racing season stopped for winter.
Cause here in Australia we are just about to start back up and i can't wait to get my car to the track if I can ever get it started just once so that i can run it in lol.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by air8
Yeah, it's hard for us stubborn Americans to understand the terms from across the pond. LOL. Rossi--if I remember you are from around Italy right? If you think you need to make suspension changes, I say try it. That's the best way to learn. If you don't like the change you can always put it back. sounds like you have a good technical track. Those tracks really teach a person how to drive fast.
oh nah. tats ok for me. nope i m from malaysia. yeah i agree with u. one got to try different setup in order to learn. hmn, perhaps its technical. i am not sure is it technical enough, cause level of technical is very subjective.
i am more use to on road. i jus return to rc, stop it for around 2 years.
so far i am quite happy with losi truggy. its good.
btw air8 what engine do u use for your losi truggy ?
Old 01-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

I'm from the Central USA. Our outdoor season has stopped. In the southern states of the USA they keep racing. Weather dictates the racing. LOL.

For my T, I have used the OS .21 VG, the Mach 427, and a Novarossi .21BF. Each engine performs well, and the race tracks determine which engine I will use. I like the Novarossi in my 8 B better though. So it has a permanent home with the buggy. I was amazed how well the OS .21 VG moves the truggy around the track. The only thing it lacks is a bit of top end. But I get into trouble when I use high powered engines. So these engines work great for me. I'm in control, making good lap times, and really enjoying it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.