Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

That's dissapointing that the chassis is different.. too much money in replacing that to make it worthwhile probably.

Starting with the same innovative ultra-narrow chassis and drivetrain layout as the 8IGHT-T Race Roller, the 8IGHT-T RTR packs power and handling superior to the competition right out of the box.
Is my misunderstanding there in that they are only saying the chassis layout is the same but not the material?

On the shock towers is it also just the material or is there a geometry difference?

Sorry, one more question What is the quality on the RTR servos?

It's starting to sound like I want to pass on a RTR.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Miller_Time
That's dissapointing that the chassis is different.. too much money in replacing that to make it worthwhile probably.

Is my misunderstanding there in that they are only saying the chassis layout is the same but not the material?

On the shock towers is it also just the material or is there a geometry difference?

It's starting to sound like I want to pass on a RTR.
Actually that is exactly what they are saying. The chassis is the exact same layout and I think even matterial it is just not milled in as many places or annodized. I truly don't think you would notice much of a difference if any with the rtr chassis.

shock towers are standard rtr spec. same dimentions and geometry as the pro but they are non annodized stamped aluminum instead of the pro style cnc'd hard annodized 4mm thick towers. The rtr towers are actually pretty durable. I have experience with them and I havent seen a problem.

I would say if you can get a good deal on a nice rtr go for it but aside from that I would stick with the roller. Love the truck though.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the input! I have an 8ight 2.0 and 8ight-E that I love so I want to stick with Losi. This will just be a third (lol) race ride for me so maybe I don't need to be too picky on it.

The rotostart will be nice too - no need for another bumpbox.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My first truggy was the rtr losi and I have to say it's a great deal. The mach 427 is easy to tune,runs great and I think after like three months I changed the glow plug just because I felt guilty. I switched the 650 to the throttle and bought a new steering servo,no pop steering ends, spectrum receiver is a bonus also. You will want to remove the diffs,wipe out the caulk and fill with silicone
Old 12-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Well I made the deal and now have a RTR 8ight-T in the stable I'm putting on metal shock caps and no pop ball ends from my old 1.0 roller as well.

One more question.. on tires. With the heavier truggy and bigger tires, do the same choices work on the truggy as a buggy? In other words if I run a track where bowfighters are good for my buggy could I expect the same setup to work on the truck? With the cost of these tires I'd like to keep my selection as limited as possible.

One local guy said a set of I-Beams or City blocks will hook up on all the local tracks for a truggy. Never used them on my 8b but I have seen them before.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Miller_Time
Well I made the deal and now have a RTR 8ight-T in the stable I'm putting on metal shock caps and no pop ball ends from my old 1.0 roller as well.

One more question.. on tires. With the heavier truggy and bigger tires, do the same choices work on the truggy as a buggy? In other words if I run a track where bowfighters are good for my buggy could I expect the same setup to work on the truck? With the cost of these tires I'd like to keep my selection as limited as possible.

One local guy said a set of I-Beams or City blocks will hook up on all the local tracks for a truggy. Never used them on my 8b but I have seen them before.
Generally yes. Tires that would work for 1/8 should be atleast decent for truggy. Now there are some tires that may work better but the ones you ran on the buggy should work. IMO ask or look around at what other people are running at the track. If someone said those AKA tires will work try and find someone else that says the same. Generally for me if 2 or more people tell me a tire works I am willing to give it a shot. Yes truggy Tires are more expensive but IMO you don't need as many different sets and they last a lil' longer than buggy tires.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

ok peeps i'm thinking of geting a losi truggy and was thinking going with the rtr. its going to be my basher with the club i'm in. what some good upgrades to get for this. I'm a die hard mugen racer and and i think losi makes some what good cars except for them wearing super fast un like mugen.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mungen
ok peeps i'm thinking of geting a losi truggy and was thinking going with the rtr. its going to be my basher with the club i'm in. what some good upgrades to get for this. I'm a die hard mugen racer and and i think losi makes some what good cars except for them wearing super fast un like mugen.
I really don't see why everyone thinks they wear quickly. yes they get sloppy but who cares? That doesn't actually hurt anything in any way. But ok yeah I would start with a nice digital steering servo with losi aluminum servo arm for it. Put the stock steering servo into the throttle position. upgrading to a bump box would also be a very good idea. If you are interested in that I can make a list of parts needed. I would also suggest a non pop ball end mod. pick up a pack of losi steering balls and some screws. Use the inner ball with a screw and you will be good. GMK cvd condoms would also be highly reccomended(or the losi version made for the 2.0) Rear outer hinge pins bend very easily so I would get the m2c racing pins(again losi also meake them for the 2.0 but you get a bit to drill the arms and uprights out with the m2c kit)

Pivot balls
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/7756

Screws
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/7767

CVD condoms
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/13168

Hinge pins
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16263
Old 12-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

i can use there spin start on the rtr thats what i'm thinking of getting if the truck wears arms thats fine just replace it . saves on wear and tear on my mugens when i'm doing shows.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The only problem i had with my 8t was the factory hinge pin braces. They wear out pretty quick. Holes get egg shaped. I put the losi adjustable set in the front and replace the plastic inserts once every 8 races or so. I have the king headz holder in the rear and will switch to losi adjustable there also. I've run the crap outta mine for over a year and haven't broke a suspension arm yet. The plastic rod ends have been changed 3 times since new because of slop. I don't think that's too bad considering it's my first 1/8 scale and i haven't had an r/c vehicle for 14 yrs before that. My 8t seems to work best when things are loose.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

I've done some searching on here, can't seem to find it (might have just missed it) but why does everyone run 1/2 offset rims? will 0 offset work? thanks.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fletcher6371
I've done some searching on here, can't seem to find it (might have just missed it) but why does everyone run 1/2 offset rims? will 0 offset work? thanks.
The truck is designed around 1/2 off wheels...it would perform like a Turd with zero off wheels also the wheels would touch the arms and what not on full steering travel.

get to work Oasis.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Integra
That's an answer anyone can understand. short and to the point Thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Integra
The truck is designed around 1/2 off wheels...it would perform like a Turd with zero off wheels also the wheels would touch the arms and what not on full steering travel.

get to work Oasis.
x2 but you could get some KHZ or losi 1/2" offset hex hubs and run 0 offsets. If you already have 0 offsets that would be alot easier and more affordable. Plus it looks like the 8T 2.0 is gonna run 0 offsets so it might be wise to go that route anyway.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

any updates on the 2.0 truck?? I sure would like to see one before i switch brands. If the 2.0 doesnt impress me im goin RC8T, i drove a buddies tonite, holy crap that thing is so smooth and fast. Seems to track and corner so well. Better built in my opinion too. But, i already have some Losi stuff, and if the 2.0 is up to par with the New Jammin' and RC8T I would be willing to stick with it. But, like i said, Losi has to step there game up in the Truck market!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.