Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree451Likes

Mayako

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 03:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

I really don’t care about this car one way or the other. I’ve been in this hobby for most of my life and really enjoy it. The price of $420 is just great though! I may have to try this car once it’s established and readily available, just because of that price!😜
Old 10-28-2021, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah78
I really don’t care about this car one way or the other. I’ve been in this hobby for most of my life and really enjoy it. The price of $420 is just great though! I may have to try this car once it’s established and readily available, just because of that price!😜
You still don’t seem to get it. $420 doesn’t buy the car. It only buys access to their website. You still have to pay another $379 for the car - and that’s if they even make enough for you to buy one. But they have no problem keeping your membership money!
Horatio likes this.
Old 10-28-2021, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cavi Mike
You still don’t seem to get it. $420 doesn’t buy the car. It only buys access to their website. You still have to pay another $379 for the car - and that’s if they even make enough for you to buy one. But they have no problem keeping your membership money!
I totally get it! I know the $420 is the buy in price. I also read that after you pay the $420 the buggy is right around $400 which puts the total at $800 for a Mayako buggy. That is not much more than other brands. I also get that people are pissed because they haven’t gotten their buggy yet. I also understand that COVID is at fault here.
What YOU DON’T GET, is that I am poking fun at the buy in price being $420. Most people around the world know 420 relates to smoking weed!
1evo RRR Driver likes this.
Old 10-28-2021, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

All I know is Mayako is laughing all the way to the bank. They even state right on their website that not all of you are even getting cars, so you’re just buying a “membership” for no reason. What a bunch of suckers you all are.
if it would have blown up like he would have liked, then maybe it wouldn’t have been enough kits, but I don’t think that’s going to be a issue
Old 10-28-2021, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Man some people are narrow minded. It’s a membership to get “pro/team level like benefits” among other things. If you don’t want to pay for it, then don’t. But it makes no sense to bad mouth a program that clearly some people think is a good investment. If that’s not you, then fine, keep doing you. But don’t come on here and talk shit about something you know nothing about. That kind of attitude is pointless. It’s a hobby guys, something we enjoy. If someone finds value in something you don’t, then that’s what works for them. Those of us who have stayed don’t think we’re being cheated in any way, otherwise more would have left I think. As it is, maybe 5 people actually backed out. A small percentage of you ask me.
Buckland likes this.
Old 10-28-2021, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
if it would have blown up like he would have liked, then maybe it wouldn’t have been enough kits, but I don’t think that’s going to be a issue
Because fortunately there aren’t as many stupid people in the world as they hoped.
Old 10-28-2021, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Medic29358
Man some people are narrow minded. It’s a membership to get “pro/team level like benefits” among other things. If you don’t want to pay for it, then don’t. But it makes no sense to bad mouth a program that clearly some people think is a good investment....
I stopped reading right there. Clearly you have no idea what the definition of “investment” is so maybe you should go do some research on that first before you make some bleak attempt at insulting my intelligence.
Old 10-28-2021, 06:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

I stopped reading right there. Clearly you have no idea what the definition of “investment” is so maybe you should go do some research on that first before you make some bleak attempt at insulting my intelligence.
Ok, maybe value could have been a better word. Either way, if the program works for someone and it’s what they want to do, then great. I was in no way trying to insult anyones intelligence. I’m only giving my opinion and facts based on what I know about the program.
Old 10-28-2021, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Because fortunately there aren’t as many stupid people in the world as they hoped.
what’s so stupid about buying into a buggy for $700 Are you guys broke? This is def not the hobby if you living from check to check. It’s just $700 , if I never get a buggy oh well, I guarantee you if I didn’t get a buggy I would have no problem getting my money back. But damn fellas it’s just $700. And on top of that JQ is a cool dude , who’s been doing this shit for years , would be different if you talkin about me puttin out a buggy , But this dude has had his own car for what 10yrs maybe.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

However you slice it up. It’s a $1000 for 2kits or 1,300-1,400 for 3

the average new “up to date” kit ….. not 2017😳 is around $600-$700. Why is it so hard to wait a few more months

However you slice it up, in 2021 people have paid $420 for 0 kits.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:49 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Medic29358
Man some people are narrow minded. It’s a membership to get “pro/team level like benefits” among other things. If you don’t want to pay for it, then don’t. But it makes no sense to bad mouth a program that clearly some people think is a good investment. If that’s not you, then fine, keep doing you. But don’t come on here and talk shit about something you know nothing about. That kind of attitude is pointless. It’s a hobby guys, something we enjoy. If someone finds value in something you don’t, then that’s what works for them. Those of us who have stayed don’t think we’re being cheated in any way, otherwise more would have left I think. As it is, maybe 5 people actually backed out. A small percentage of you ask me.
It looks like a way to get customers. I know Xray started in the early years by presenting his "team" on large events by giving all Xray driving privateers a T-shirt and put them all on a "team photo". Today I do see it with Infinity, people buy (!!) a car and are put on a published photo as if they are the new team members, to make it sound better they call it "family".. And I do see it more and more that people want to belong to a factory team in the hope for more discount or free stuff and lose all own dignity. At the end they still pay for their stuff and are abused for free advertising.

I buy and make all my stuff so I do not wear RC brand clothes and do not sticker my body with brandnames
1evo RRR Driver likes this.
Old 10-29-2021, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Horatio
However you slice it up, in 2021 people have paid $420 for 0 kits.
We pre ordered prototype buggys 🤷🏽‍♂️ …….Release dates get pushed back on a regular (Covid) I’m just not understanding…….. make it make sense for me If you could pre order (pay) half ….for the Tekno Truggy to secure a spot to get it 1st, you would be waiting just like us, but you don’t have that option , cause Tekno didn’t give you that option….If they did I highly doubt you would be hearing dumb shit like “Tekno laughing to the bank” or “is the Truggy even coming out”. JQ did a dope ass thing, by letting any and everybody buy into the behind the scenes of a product, and not just see , but also have input , offer ideas 99% of us have never n will never see the behind the scenes of a R/C project! I blow $420 on on a weekend in a hotel at a race , I def can spend it on a Mayako proto.

The internet is very funny
Buckland and Micah78 like this.
Old 10-29-2021, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

what’s so stupid about buying into a buggy for $700 Are you guys broke? This is def not the hobby if you living from check to check. It’s just $700 , if I never get a buggy oh well, I guarantee you if I didn’t get a buggy I would have no problem getting my money back. But damn fellas it’s just $700. And on top of that JQ is a cool dude , who’s been doing this shit for years , would be different if you talkin about me puttin out a buggy , But this dude has had his own car for what 10yrs maybe.
There's no doubt JQ is a cool dude. Agreed on that.

But obtaining money through deception - or mis-represented sales - is fraud, regardless of how wealthy one might be.

What amazes me is this hands in the air, everything is fine, what does it matter if people are down a few hundred bucks - people can wait - kinda attitude.

It's almost like subscriber's who never ended up with their cars by August are experiencing the equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. Bizarre.
Old 10-29-2021, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

I'm sure most of us here have pre-ordered stuff before. We know the deal.

No-one has a problem with the fact the car is behind schedule, production-wise. We can blame XYZ for that. Covid-19. Delete as applicable.

And yet, the responses revert to - 'the Tekno buggy is late' 'people knew the buggy was a prototype'. The important difference though, is that with the other brands, people aren't racking up a significant bill for the privilege of........erm, waiting?

If anyone changes their mind with the Mayako, you'll get a refund for the non-fulfilled part of the order ONLY.

Hypothetically, if this buggy has production delays into 2022, anyone finding themselves waiting for the 'limited availability prototype', into the 2nd year of their subscription, will have parted with $838, non-refundable dollars, and still not have a car.

But don't stress - you're wealthy enough to spare this sort of cash, otherwise you wouldn't be in this hobby - would you, peasant?!

I have very little doubt that the website, podcasts, live AMA's etc are new and different and all part of JQ's brain child. It will appeal to the new generations of racers who are into all that stuff. Cool. This isn't going to help you, though, if you're still racing with your other brand, pending the availability of the Mayako.

At this stage, anyone still considering the Mayako needs to fully understand this side of things, because from what I gather, it's not really made obvious.

Old 10-29-2021, 01:39 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Interesting read...

Not sure if its somewhere else, but I decided to go and check out the membership and what all it specifies. I may be missing it, but after checking out the advertising for the membership as well some terms and conditions as far as what I am finding posted, I am not seeing anywhere that says its not refundable. I don't have a problem with items not being refundable, I do find it bad practice to not state that with the item I am purchasing.

As for buying a membership and still waiting on the car, etc. It is stated the membership is for 1 year from purchase, if they decide to do something for you to extend that I think that is nice, however, it wasn't like that part was hidden or anything and in the meantime I guess you can say you are getting some benefit out of access seeing everything etc. I personally though would extend memberships so they start when you actually have the kit delivered in hand, basically whenever your shipping notice says delivered, to me that is when the "clock" for 1 year should start, regardless of when you order. To me, you get the most benefit out of a membership when the vehicle is actually in your hands, not riding the truck to get to you.

Horatio, Micah78 and bratan like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.