Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree188Likes

It needs to be said!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Both classes have their difficulties and I personally will not discount either case or digress to the probable cause as to which is inherently more or less the same if not somewhat different.

As to both sides, yes the heart of the beast needs to be tuned regardless so that needs to be dropped of like a wet t-shirt on the Everest during a blizzard.

My E setup and programming is not the same as some other racer, and no I do not have a high end radio and yea I had to reprogram my tekin rx8 to a custom throttle curve that yes doesn’t really match anything else, and yea had to adjust torque, minimum throttle, and throttle frequency.. sounds an awful like tuning to me.. but like I said my entire setup is not the same as the average racer or the type of track that I am racing on.
phattracker likes this.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Also if anyone want my to divulge my setups I am more than willing to text or talk for days or hours depending on time and I am always open to suggestions but let me apply it myself. My PM box is not full .. yet
Old 04-09-2021, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

I can copy Needle settings from other drivers all of the time. It's not perfect, but it'll be a close starting point.

But I usually teach to make the high and low needles rich, and return the mid to the OEM setting. Starting over on the box seems to give better results than adjusting a bad tune. Newbs are usually scared to leave behind a decent tune, and just end up adjusting it worse. Start over with a fresh plug and rich settings.

Since Nitro is run only at bigger events around here, my .21 is about 8 years old and runs fine. My backup engine is new.

Todays batteries and esc's are pretty pricey. Having a few of them nuke, will have you second guessing how easy electric is.
tallyram and token like this.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by frewster
Did you go out of your way to be a jerk?

See, I wouldn't waste my time helping you at the track at all.

I'm not a charity, just because I can tune engines with my eye's closed.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
See, I wouldn't waste my time helping you at the track at all.

I'm not a charity, just because I can tune engines with my eye's closed.
Could've just said yes.
phattracker likes this.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Since Nitro is run only at bigger events around here, my .21 is about 8 years old and runs fine. My backup engine is new. .
Nitro is dead long live 10th scale !
Old 04-09-2021, 11:45 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by buggybattle
Nitro is dead long live 10th scale !
Another hot topic in basher communities.
You know, those guys who drop heir nitro cars everywhere they want to drive and at any time (even in the night) and ignore all the complains of the neighborhood. Also the same guys thinking they know it all and give new drivers the wrong advise because they do not know any better.
But you can read my thoughts about that some posts back in this topic about the idle gap.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Todays batteries and esc's are pretty pricey. Having a few of them nuke, will have you second guessing how easy electric is.
if you have done soldering at school and have done it correctly and you only touch stuff like throttle punch, brake power etc you shouldnt ever lose an ESC or motor - unless its tekin for some reason they just go puff????

Im still running an original HW xr8 plus & SCT pro combo's in buggy and truggy, these came out years and years ago.
I've told many locals to run these and they've never had any issues related to the ESC/motor itself..

Sooooo, no need to "guess" how easy it is.
If you say you've had issues with tekin etc, that doesnt count towards electric, they are smoke machines.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Double post
Old 04-09-2021, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MonsterJuice
if you have done soldering at school and have done it correctly and you only touch stuff like throttle punch, brake power etc you shouldnt ever lose an ESC or motor - unless its tekin for some reason they just go puff????

Im still running an original HW xr8 plus & SCT pro combo's in buggy and truggy, these came out years and years ago.
I've told many locals to run these and they've never had any issues related to the ESC/motor itself..

Sooooo, no need to "guess" how easy it is.
If you say you've had issues with tekin etc, that doesnt count towards electric, they are smoke machines.
I don’t think this thread is here for brand bashing or class bashing but I gurss its all off topic now..

I have not had any real issues with any of my tekin equipment or customer service going all the way back to the tekin tsc 408 and that was the only one I had issues with, I also had a number of different tekins and novak esc and not one had an issue. I also have owned five Hobbywings and one stopped detecting the sensors, and one overheated but still works. So I am not inclined to stay with one brand however being having experience going all the way back to the last 80’s I choose a name that I recognize and have had little to no issues with it.

I am not going to divulge my setup here.. dah drive frequency changes how things operate I am simply not going into detail just for buzzards to pick it apart. I figured an electronics degree would be enough, but it is way to easy for someone else to explain than to lay my dollar on the table and then it didn’t work for them. Satisfaction, well one has to be ultimately satisfied with themselves to be able to satisfy someone else.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If you have pull down one class to prove that your class is better... is it really???

Let everyone enjoy what they like ...
Old 04-14-2021, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Coming from moto, the tracks are... Well, interesting. The DNC track was fairly one lined, and the PNB looked pretty bleh. Where's the berms? Where's the options so you can take a corner wide, carry more speed, and do a section differently? Where's the options in rhythm lanes do different lines? Where are the rhythm lanes? Maybe I'm wrong coming from moto and comparing it to that. But the tracks definitely dictate the viewers/drivers interest and appreciation. A lot of the tracks may as well be asphalt, and don't really offer anything to separate drivers aside from not making mistakes.
J.Whiting and frewster like this.
Old 04-14-2021, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

When presented with a track surface that allows multiple lines, most racers cry like babies. It's pretty sad to see. So good luck with that.

And every single track out there has to be pipe only for some stupid reason. The tracks with grass or wood borders added a fun element as it usually berms up nicely there.

I just wish we had better landing ramps in the midwest. We're literally flying 20', 6' or higher, and landing on a 24" ramp. It's insane.
Tim W. likes this.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It needs to be said... I mean this with all due respect.... people are gonna complain no matter what track you build... It's too easy... It's too hard... It's too fast... It's too slow... It's too technical... It's too simple... It's too rough.... It's too smooth... It's too loamy... It's too high grip... It's not enough race lines.... It's too many race lines...

Whaaa Whaaa Whaaa!!! Stop the complaining.

It's the same track for everyone. Just race and have fun. Be happy there's a track around because you'll miss it when it's gone.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

I think you will find most of the pro's prefer a rougher track with more lines.

It's the blokes down in the intermediate class that think they are Pro because they are "sponsored"(discount guaranteed customer) for a brand who do most of the complaining.

I remember when TLR came out with the eight and even as late as the 3.0, all the owners of those cars complained when the track was "blown out"... sorry your car sucked but this is offroad.

How about half the brands get lost, the big brands get back to R&D and we see an full evolution of 1/8 buggys.
and we need to spend less time racing the clock for 5-7mins every couple hours, Heads up qual or fastest laps... think how cool shootout styles would be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.