R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   MIP Bypass1 pistons for 1/8th scale (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/1047566-mip-bypass1-pistons-1-8th-scale.html)

Evoking1230 01-22-2020 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by morgoth (Post 15582274)
Yes. And small, tight tracks where you need faster weight transfer.

good to know.

Thanks!

racing_jason 01-24-2020 07:53 AM

For those of you experiencing the car feeling nervous with them, don't be afraid to try the thicker flaps, seemed to really help smooth the car out for me. I am only running them in buggy, 6 hole. My base (Med-Low Grip) is 37.5wt Green Flap for the fronts and 32.5wt with Blue flap for the rear(with bladders). When grip comes up I usually change the front flap to Blue, and that seems to help. I have yet to feel the need to go up to the clear but I'm sure if the car was really edgy it would help to go up.
Hope this helps someone!

xlrsd 03-26-2020 03:51 AM

Hey gents. So it seems to be a little while since anyone has posted about these bypass pistons again. Are there any new consensus on them? Any new “lessons learned”? I have the bypass system purchased and just recieved. Think I’m gonna order a whole new set of spare shocks so I can always just have them on standby when I feel the need for them, and it’s a very quick swap. Just looking to see if anyone has any new thoughts or testing information on them. I’ll be running them in a losi eight x Elite. Stock for losi Elite shocks are 8-hole at 1.2 holes all the way around. After doing the math, for me to match this with the bypass, as they only offer 6 hole for losi models, I would have to drill these out to 1.25 on the bypass. So gonna do that, and keep myself at the same compression ratio when running them for now. So anyone have any new thoughts on these things? Thanks in advance!

token 03-26-2020 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by xlrsd (Post 15615443)
Hey gents. So it seems to be a little while since anyone has posted about these bypass pistons again. Are there any new consensus on them? Any new “lessons learned”? I have the bypass system purchased and just recieved. Think I’m gonna order a whole new set of spare shocks so I can always just have them on standby when I feel the need for them, and it’s a very quick swap. Just looking to see if anyone has any new thoughts or testing information on them. I’ll be running them in a losi eight x Elite. Stock for losi Elite shocks are 8-hole at 1.2 holes all the way around. After doing the math, for me to match this with the bypass, as they only offer 6 hole for losi models, I would have to drill these out to 1.25 on the bypass. So gonna do that, and keep myself at the same compression ratio when running them for now. So anyone have any new thoughts on these things? Thanks in advance!

MIP bypass, we've been running them for a year. The pistons come with 1.3mm holes. I run this with clear valves all the way around. Why are you trying to match the 8 hole? Just run the 8 hole then.

xlrsd 03-26-2020 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by token (Post 15615496)
MIP bypass, we've been running them for a year. The pistons come with 1.3mm holes. I run this with clear valves all the way around. Why are you trying to match the 8 hole? Just run the 8 hole then.

I have not found an 8 hole version of MIP Bypass offered for Losi. Only 6-hole offered for Losi.

token 03-26-2020 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by xlrsd (Post 15615516)
I have not found an 8 hole version of MIP Bypass offered for Losi. Only 6-hole offered for Losi.

https://www.miponline.com/MIP-Bypass...e-16mm-2-18411

Matt Piva 04-02-2020 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by racing_jason (Post 15583377)
For those of you experiencing the car feeling nervous with them, don't be afraid to try the thicker flaps, seemed to really help smooth the car out for me. I am only running them in buggy, 6 hole. My base (Med-Low Grip) is 37.5wt Green Flap for the fronts and 32.5wt with Blue flap for the rear(with bladders). When grip comes up I usually change the front flap to Blue, and that seems to help. I have yet to feel the need to go up to the clear but I'm sure if the car was really edgy it would help to go up.
Hope this helps someone!

by flaps u mean springs?

sebtarta 04-02-2020 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Piva (Post 15618667)
by flaps u mean springs?

No he means the different valves that come in the kit. Clear, blue, green

Matt Piva 04-02-2020 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by sebtarta (Post 15618668)
No he means the different valves that come in the kit. Clear, blue, green

oh my bad I thought I was in the 8x thread not bypass thread.

dtoni 04-18-2020 01:20 AM

I can´t find 6h Bypass for associated B·.1..

I know some pros are using 6H for the associated B3.1, but I can't find them anywhere..May be I can use the Mugen or Kyosho ones??
Thanks in advanced

largeorangefont 04-20-2020 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by dtoni (Post 15626477)
I know some pros are using 6H for the associated B3.1, but I can't find them anywhere..May be I can use the Mugen or Kyosho ones??
Thanks in advanced

Use the Mugen ones.

dtoni 04-21-2020 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by largeorangefont (Post 15627561)
Use the Mugen ones.

thank´s largeorangefont. Will try with the mugen ones

largeorangefont 04-22-2020 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by dtoni (Post 15628481)
thank´s largeorangefont. Will try with the mugen ones

I've been very happy with them in my B3.1 Running the same hole and flap setup Rivken is running.

Front-
3X1.35mm + 3X1.45mm
Green valve
45 wt
Rear-
3X1.35mm + 3X1.5mm
Blue valve
40 wt.

If the track is bumpy or rutted, drop the oil by 5wt all around.

For reference I was running Kyosho and AE 8 X 1.3 diagonal drilled pistons before, and am liking this MIP setup better.

dtoni 04-22-2020 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by largeorangefont (Post 15628787)
I've been very happy with them in my B3.1 Running the same hole and flap setup Rivken is running.

Front-
3X1.35mm + 3X1.45mm
Green valve
45 wt
Rear-
3X1.35mm + 3X1.5mm
Blue valve
40 wt.

If the track is bumpy or rutted, drop the oil by 5wt all around.

For reference I was running Kyosho and AE 8 X 1.3 diagonal drilled pistons before, and am liking this MIP setup better.

Kyosho diagonal is what I am running now, and working well, but I wan to try with the bypass now.
I used VRP ones 2 years ago and liked so much, but were so weak and brake some of them. I thik MIPS are stronger and more tuneable..