Wiki Posts
Search

HobbyPLEX Indoor Off Road

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
Will the b4 went one two at worlds last week and that is it 5th world championship in a row what do you think? Or you can do what all the cool guys are doing and get a Losi 22. And no I am not selling my b4
I still have a b4
Old 07-23-2011, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WILDWILLIE 9
I still have a b4
Doesn't everyone????

I really wonder how one of these drives on a truck chassis...... Probably not good enough for me to be out of the way!

Originally Posted by Orion_2kTC
Personally I think you should run all 1/8 Buggy, Truggy, and EBuggy on the same day. Sunday preferably since that's my only day off. You could also keep a slightly mixed bag too. Like 1/10th Mod buggy. 4 classes seems reasonable. 2 qualifiers and a main for each. Start at 11, you could be done by 3 or 4.

But that's just my 2 cents.
Gosh, I was really hoping to run the SC-Bs with the buggies during the standard off road program - then if one of my other vehicles broke it would strech out the program long enough for me to fix it!!!!!

Originally Posted by FroBoy
Now on to Tuesday Short Course Night...

This will be something totally different than the traditional type of RC Racing, and something I've been thinking about for some time now.

We're going to have "motos"; Heads up races to qualify for the main event. We'll take a set number straight to the main event. Then we'll have an LCQ for the final spots. All the races will be a set number of laps instead of timed races.

For the main event in each class, we'll run two races. The first according to qualifying order, the second in reverse finishing order, and then we'll combine the two scores to determine that nights winner.

I'm really excited about this and want all of you to be excited as well. We took a major step forward with the buiding today. I can't wait to see how much they get done next week!
This sounds like a LOT of fun!!!!! Heads up racing is rapidly becoming the norm in the SC world and theres no question that there is a lot more racing in a race day!!!!!!!!!!

I can see myself getting a LOT of track time what with that last chance qualifier and all!!!!!

AND, thanks for thinking of Tuesday nights; I'm in Omaha a LOT on Tuesdays (as you may have observed) - opens up the possibility of 2 nights of racing - SC on Tuesday and VTA/Mini on Wednesday!!!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

I still have a b4
How about a Hornet
Old 07-23-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by FroBoy
So, lets start talking about racing...

Friday night has been very successful for electric racing, so I don't want to change that at all.

I'm struggling with whether or not to have Saturday night racing for nitro or keep a mixed bag on Sunday afternoon like we've done since we started racing offroad.

Maybe Saturday night for the winter and then back to Sundays for the summer so we aren't running at the same time as carpet racing?

My main concern is that with the nitro side of things struggling a bit lately, marshals and pitting could be a real problem.

I have no doubt that we'll grow and gain racers once we get going again, but I don't want to change our raceday if there's a possibility of losing the racers we already have.

I'm also going to add a beginner nitro class so we can try and get some new blood going.

Now on to Tuesday Short Course Night...

This will be something totally different than the traditional type of RC Racing, and something I've been thinking about for some time now.

We're going to have "motos"; Heads up races to qualify for the main event. We'll take a set number straight to the main event. Then we'll have an LCQ for the final spots. All the races will be a set number of laps instead of timed races.

For the main event in each class, we'll run two races. The first according to qualifying order, the second in reverse finishing order, and then we'll combine the two scores to determine that nights winner.

I'm really excited about this and want all of you to be excited as well. We took a major step forward with the buiding today. I can't wait to see how much they get done next week!
My perspective is that you should seperate electric and nitro on regular club racing days. I realize some will be running both but it simply makes the days just to long, I've heard many racers say me included that they just cant schedule a whole sunday from 10-11 in the morning to 8 at night to race every sunday. I think by seperating the two you would improve your turnout numbers. As far as pitting and marshalls I think that is a non issue, in the past when electric and nitro were mixed traditionally nitro were the latest mains and the electric guys were packed up and long gone, not knocking the fact that they left if it were reversed the nitro guys probably would have left to but when you've been at the track for 8-10 hours who wants to stay around and pit for classes that you don't run.

Tuesday night SC I think will be a great idea, heck I bought one just for this fact. It's in the middle of the week so most will be able to always make it to the track after work and this night in my opinon will be a great opportunity to get those kids into the hobby that would otherwise be involved in other things on the weekends.

Friday night electrics, another great time scheduling wise as it doesn't really cause any scheduling problems for any weekend commitments.

Last edited by WideOpenThrottle RC; 07-23-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kchap
How about a Hornet
I actualy have an original grass hopper, it that's one of the types of buggies your talking about
Old 07-23-2011, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default RB5

I actualy have an original grass hopper, it that's one of the types of buggies your talking about
Just hang tight for a bit Will,

Word is the RB5 SP2 Special edition will be available soon. That will be the buggy to run
Old 07-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

what time would racing start on a Tuesday night? I got a mod SC that i would love to run.

What classes would be ran on Friday nights?
Old 07-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PVoelker
Just hang tight for a bit Will,

Word is the RB5 SP2 Special edition will be available soon. That will be the buggy to run
Cool dude thanks for the help
Old 07-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lance8813
what time would racing start on a Tuesday night? I got a mod SC that i would love to run.

What classes would be ran on Friday nights?
Both Tues and Fri starts at 7pm

If we race nitro on Saturday it'll start at 5pm.

Friday nights we'll run all of our regular classes: Plexspec, Mod Buggy, Mod Truck, Pro-lite SCT, Pro-2 SCT, Pro-4 SCT and 1/8th scale.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

sunday nitro
Old 07-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Recent pics...

Old 07-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick
lol
Old 07-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Here's some build action for y'all!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Old 07-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Those guys are slow pokes. They even get to connect from a basket. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.