Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska/Iowa Racing
Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club) >

Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club)

I posted this in the off-road thead but I think that its own thread would be better.

I talked to Brandon this evening and were planning on setting up a boxing match about this next Thrusday. That is a week from to day. Whom ever is interested is very encouraged-ed to attend. The meeting will be at 7:30 at the ep ht. The reason for the 7:30 time is so that the bulk of the meeting can be done after the store closes so that Brandon can be involved without having to help customers.

I think that if we want to get this off the groin this first meeting will be good to lay some ground work. The more people in attendance the better, so we can get all the input that we can.

This I think is something that won't totally get up in running until next spring. I think this is the best time to get it organized so when spring comes, we all have a clear understanding of what needs to be done.

As far as on-road and off-road it will be all one club just different divisions if that makes sense.

What is nice is that right now we have a lot of people with a lot of different talents that will help quite a bit. Myself would be grunt work construction knowlege in running races, Vishal computer web site and filming for promotion Dave past experience with racing programs and Chad do it all man. Plus you have Ben and Robert with the eperience that they would bring to the table.

Dave also about the past and relations with racers and HT most all that is water under the bridge. You still get the bitching about HT hell even I do that still but what happen in the past has all but been forgotton. As when Chad took over a lot of those people have gone left with that god forsakin dirt oval.

Also about a possible trophy race right now there is talk of having one on August 13th. More info will be available as it comes.

Lastly this is kind of cool that it seems we are getting progress instead of bunch of finger pointing and bitching going on. A nice change. All this is for both the on-road and off-road so if there is anyone that races on-road and not off-road you are strongly encourage to join in on the disscusion

Last edited by FroBoy; 06-12-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Suspended

I would love to be there, but i cant, I will be on vacation from the 3rd to the 14th!!
Old 07-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Z
Tech Master

See ya thursday.

Z
Old 07-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Awsome
Old 07-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think anyone who is concerned about the hobby should be there. I hope I can go. I have 2 jobs and work nights a lot.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Rookie

I should be there, we are interviewing a new pastor at my church all week long, but I might not have to attend the Thursday church thing.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Tech Rookie

I should be there!! Sounds good!
Old 07-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Is there gonna be food and DRINK
Old 07-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Beer and pizza? lol
Old 07-24-2005, 05:41 AM
Tech Rookie

How bout just the beer?

(this will soon degenerate into.................)
Old 07-24-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anthony you are worst than me always lookin for the free stuff.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:54 AM
Suspended

Jamee race in Omaha today I am!! We will see how she runs!! I can come pick you up if you want!!
Old 07-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Rookie

It was great to see everyone that showed up for the meeting yesterday. Also a big thanks to all that volunteered to be on the committee. I will help as much as I can. Life keeps me very busy but I will do as much as possible. I have alot to learn but if more experienced people point me in the right direction I will do it. Anyway, I am pretty stoked for this club. I hope everyone puts in their fair share and I think it can be great with just a little effort from everyone. Thanks again! Chris
Old 07-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

WORD
Old 07-30-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Let me know what you guys decide to do on the club steering committee. If everyone would like, I can make our site a dynamic database driven site which will give many more capabilities than our current one. Things that it would add:

1. easier to update with more people having access to add pictures and topics

2. community calendar for upcoming events such as races etc.

3. community forum (if you guys want a separate one there)

4. once I make it database driven, I can even easily add ecommerce capabilities to it - this means we could sell race registration and memberships right off the website using paypal or credit card

5. automated email promotions driven by the up-to-date member list

6. making it dynamic and database driven means it's ready to go for other future technologies...

Let me know what you guys think. The hosting account that we have for the website right now already has support for php and mysql database so it's just a matter of you guys wanting things done and me setting it up. I can even show others how to administer it so we can have multiple people controlling it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.