Wiki Posts
Search

F-1 Class

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
How has this class been doing? What is the attendance like as far as F-1 racers showing up?
We have had 7 or 8 each race!!!! There a blast!!!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

It's been doing terrible. We can't drive worth a darn. But a lot of us are showing up. XD
Old 08-28-2010, 03:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Paul I tested at 7.0 last week, and to slow on straightaway.
At 6.5, today testing it was running less than 100 degrees.
That's an understatement...at least for me. I can't get a handle on this thing for the life of me, completely clueless on what else to do other than limiting the throttle to 50%.

Paul.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default ALPHA CUP

Hi Guys,
We're hosting the Alpha Cup F-1 Challenge in Southern Illinois October 9th, 10th. We'll be giving away two "Skip Barber Intro to Racing Gift Certificates" by random draw of entries. Details are located here:
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/resqsghf/alphacup2010.htm

You can also inquire or post questions on the Southern Illinois Carpet Racing thread.

Skip Starkey
Old 09-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Bad date selection.
Thats the same weekend as the Fall Brawl /Xray Challenge race in Memphis. Doubt anyone will pass up on that race
Old 10-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

This Sunday.......
Old 10-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default No good news for WCRC F1/ Maybe new venue?

Originally Posted by yourstruly22
When is the next racer at West Coast?
Ok, I tried the flowing to get F1 back at WCRC:

1. Got in touch via e-mail and phone with Ron Schuur (on road director), had long conversations (won't bother you guys with the details) went' to meet him twice at the track, first time he was for it. The second time he just avoided me (not even a hello ).

2. Spoke directly with Danny (owner?) went to WCRC two or tree weeks ago, when they were remodeling, he said he wold call me to start again the series, I posted some of you guys favorable comments towards these end, suggested a format, PM him the format. To this day no reply.

What he did was that odd post in here inviting us to come practice with him and talk about it? Maybe some sort of you guys come and beg for it? Maybe not? Who knows except him?

I saw him again Wednesday at WCRC, just as Ron, I was not even acknowledge with a simple "hi". I guess these guys are just to busy ( at least for me )

Maybe someone else will have better results (perhaps it's my ugly Mexican-Scottish accent that they don't understand )

And that's my WCRC failed effort report for the F1 gang.
Sorry guys-it’s disappointing.

Is there anyone amongst us that will be interested in participating on a small venture to open a track in the SFV (a real F1 home with an off road track to make some $) I may have the perfect location, in the middle of a beautifully park, already paved, close to the 101 and 405 ... PM me if this would be of interest to you.

Cheers,
Marcos