Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree396Likes

Tekno MT410

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

that m2c brace looks awesome and beefy !

better than my steel pipe

bootbox likes this.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can anyone vouch for the TBR rear bumber? I have the front one but the rear of the truck is taking a hell of a beating. To be fair this is from big air hard hits so it wasnt unexpected. Just wondering if anyone actually noticed after upgrading if the rear end of the body fairs any better. Carnage shown here after it's maiden bash. This truck is AWESOME!

Old 12-22-2017, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It seems as if this truck is more durable and a better value for the money than the new Proline MT 4x4.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dakjones
Can anyone vouch for the TBR rear bumber? I have the front one but the rear of the truck is taking a hell of a beating. To be fair this is from big air hard hits so it wasnt unexpected. Just wondering if anyone actually noticed after upgrading if the rear end of the body fairs any better. Carnage shown here after it's maiden bash. This truck is AWESOME!
Does T-Bone make a rear bumper for this? I only show a wheelie bar? I'd rather just have a bumper: https://tboneracing.net/collections/...-monster-truck
Old 12-22-2017, 09:11 AM
Tech Initiate

I used this bumper
57010 - TBR 1/8 NM2 Rear Bumper - Tekno ET48

bolted to this wheelie bar
96027 - T-Bone 1/8 Truggy Wheelie Bar (Y129)

(sorry, too new to post links)

I zip tied the Tbone bumper to the stock bumper.
It provides more protection than the stock set up and there's a wheelie bar, but it would be nicer to have more protection still. I would like to see a bumper that goes up further and cover the back of the body.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaX-D
It seems as if this truck is more durable and a better value for the money than the new Proline MT 4x4.
I've have both. I've run the MT-410 more since the Pro MT 4x4 was only recently released. IDK. The jury is still out. I've broken my servo saver on the Proline rig, but they sent a replacement for free and I'm going to shim it this weekend per the CELT's post.

My personal thoughts are that the Proline will be as durable as the Tekno after a few tweaks and as production QC improves. Remember, this is a ground up design. Tekno has used alot of the same parts/design for many of the race/competition buggys, SCT's and truggy's for several years...Proline had none of that to go on in terms of truck building. Yes, they are wheel/tire experts and the certainly know how to make aftermarket parts, BUT that doesn't give them alot of experience with what is race proven and more importantly, what is MOST durable.

Let's face it...Both the PRO-SCT and the PRO-MT (2wd) were based on Traxxas designs with everything Proline learned from those respective vehicles (Slash and Stampede). This is the there first outside the box design and along with that, comes some heartache and problems.

I have 5 runs on my Pro MT 4x4 and I'm going to tell you that it's the best 1/10 scale MT that's currently in production.

I'd say the MT-410 and the Arrma Kraton are the best 1/8th scale MT in production, with one being RTR and the other, a kit.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Incredible truck. I miss mine.... Thinking of biting the bullet on another one.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MaX-D
I own both and i dont think the Proline is in the same league as the MT410. Just my personal opinion. Maybe if they get all the issues fixed, then maybe. The Tekno is just a beast of a machince. It can take whatever you throw at it, chew it up and throw it right back. This things a monster.

I loved my MT410 so much i just bought a used ET48.3. Got a good deal on one. Payed a couple hundred less than new, and got a ton of extra parts, alot of shock springs, and 3 sets of truggy race tires. 2 pairs of AKA, 1 pair of Proline, and one of the AKA sets is new in bags. The parts are all brand new still in factory packing. Probably atleast 300 in parts and tires.

Im super excited to get it, should be here tuesday. Here are some pics of everything i got coming. Minus the electronics, he is keeping those.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks like a great deal. Lots of rubber to burn
Old 12-22-2017, 08:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 0verkill
Looks like a great deal. Lots of rubber to burn
Thanks, yeah hope i like the truggy tires. Never had or ran any. Im use to running bigger monster truck tires on my truggys. They are gonna be lighter but i wonder if they will hook up where i bash. Its loose dirt and dust, and doesnt seem like much cushion from big air jumps..lol

Oh and quick question. I always hear people talk about the cnc split center diff mount. I did a search on Amain and a couple different ones came up. Anyone mind throwing up a link to the right one??
Old 12-22-2017, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

The et48.3 comes stock with the full split center aluminum diff mount. The MT410 is partly plastic. Your new truggy should be all aluminum center diff mount...except for the top plate with the Tekno logo.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chainsaw10
The et48.3 comes stock with the full split center aluminum diff mount. The MT410 is partly plastic. Your new truggy should be all aluminum center diff mount...except for the top plate with the Tekno logo.
Ok gotcha, yeah i just always hear people saying how the cnc split center diff is a nice upgrade to the et48.3. Maybe there is another version that people get. As long as its aluminum im happy with it as is. Already ordered some m2c chassis brace and rear shocktower brace.

Still just undecided if im wanna run the Mamba Monster x with 2200kv motor on 6s. I can just see the heat issues now. Ill probably end up grabbing a lower kv motor like a Hobbystar or something.

I was gonna get a new Tekin combo but decided not to, there pricey little fu***rs...

EDIT: are you sure Chainsaw that it comes with a aluminum split center diff, from the youtube videos and reviews it seems like it doesnt???

Last edited by NevWeezy; 12-23-2017 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:00 AM
Tech Addict

I just checked Teknos website. I was wrong. It does not come with the full aluminum parts for the center diff mount...just the main piece.
You would need this to complete it
https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5262...l-ano-ebetsct/

I also bought a used et48.3 and it had the full aluminum works....so I assumed it came that way stock.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chainsaw10
I just checked Teknos website. I was wrong. It does not come with the full aluminum parts for the center diff mount...just the main piece.
You would need this to complete it
https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5262...l-ano-ebetsct/

I also bought a used et48.3 and it had the full aluminum works....so I assumed it came that way stock.
Ok gotcha, thanks for the info. Now i know i dont have to buy the whole aluminum center diff, just the top part. That atleast saves me 25 bucks.

Thanks for the help, the ET48.3 was scheduled to be delivered Tuesday so i didnt think it was showing up today 3 days early. When does USPS ever do that. So i wasnt home this morning and they tried to deliver but couldnt cause its a signature confirmation delivery. The tracking says they left a missed deliver notice but there wasnt one on my porch or in my mailbox. Hope someone didnt snag it and tries to go grab my package before me. Ill be at the Post office first thing when they open up Tuesday.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? Tekno RC Universal Driveshafts

Asked this long ago, but forgot. Are the Tekno RC Universal Driveshafts (TKR5298) worth the $90 for the set (4)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.