Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree30Likes

Losi XXL2-E

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

If you check the manual of the original XXL, it has an exploded view of the diff, shocks, and whole car, mybe that helps you?

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/LSTXXLManual.pdf

30.000 should work fine I think.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ruudxd
If you check the manual of the original XXL, it has an exploded view of the diff, shocks, and whole car, mybe that helps you?

I think for the price of what this vehicle cost. Its lacking and more in the TOY range. The manual is a joke. This is a hobby rc vehicle give me a real manual. No some toy manual.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Agreed, the manual is not the best, but I do not read it anyways
I only use the exploded views and the part list.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ruudxd

Thank you! That is exactly what I need. Should have come with that for sure, but I just printed it.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can anyone confirm that the steering servos operate in reverse? I just got my Airtronics MT-4s and got the receiver installed/bound. Took it for a spin and realized my steering was backwards (wheel forward, truck goes left). I set the steering servos to "reverse" in the transmitter and seems to work.

I just wanted to make sure I didn't do something wrong.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys. I'm new to the RC world and instead of creating a new thread I thought I'd ask at here. I have decided my first purchase was going to be the Lst Xxl 2e. I have a couple concerns.

Is that vehicle to much for new person (I'm 35 mind you if that makes any difference) coming into the RC world? If not, what parts would you recommend that I purchase when I purchase the truck? My intention is for my son and I can start a hobby together and have quality time. I know that speed would be nice but not the end all be all as the majority of time we will be bashing.

Thanks for your time,
Mark
Old 01-09-2016, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I don't know what's with the manuals some rc companies are including. Losi used to include much more comprehensive manuals than the current XXL2 and XXL2e manuals. I looked at them and they're looking more like the junk Redcat and those companies are including.

Shoewrecky, i think you'll be fine. Most would probably advise against a 1/8 brushless for a first rc but I don't think it's too much. Run on 4s with the stock gearing and use the driver aids to help out a bit too. The transmitter has a function that reduces throttle which can help beginners who tend to mash it and not hit the brake. Or at least not in time, but at least it'll be going slower if you hit something. The transmitter also has AVC which is a form of stability control to help keep it going where you want.

Then there's the Castle Creations link (not included) to connect the esc to a computer. Lots of adjustments there. Here you can turn down the torque and acceleration (in increments) in the esc so it won't wheely and is easier to control. Combine with the throttle limiter in the radio or not for lots of options to help you get used to the truck and the power. If the truck seems too powerful with the throttle limiter in the radio enabled I'd get the Castle link to tone it down further.

As for stuff to buy, for someone starting out I say see how it goes. We can recommend hex drivers to make it easier to work on, what spares to have on hand, upgrades or whatever. But no need to add so much stuff to start out, basic tools are included, the truck can take some pretty good hits. Plus you can have most stuff delivered to your door in a few days.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:08 AM
Tech Champion

Having to reverse a servo is normal on all new RC's..
Old 01-10-2016, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shoewrecky
Hi guys. I'm new to the RC world and instead of creating a new thread I thought I'd ask at here. I have decided my first purchase was going to be the Lst Xxl 2e. I have a couple concerns.

Is that vehicle to much for new person (I'm 35 mind you if that makes any difference) coming into the RC world? If not, what parts would you recommend that I purchase when I purchase the truck? My intention is for my son and I can start a hobby together and have quality time. I know that speed would be nice but not the end all be all as the majority of time we will be bashing.

Thanks for your time,
Mark
I think you d have a great time with it.
You don't have to run 6s. I would go 4s to get used to it.
Shim the diffs, fill the shocks properly and make sure all your suspension and ball joints move freely.
Fun reverse engineering to take any RTR apart.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:52 AM
Tech Champion

Manuals are overrated. I wasn't crazy about my LST2 manual at first either, but you get used to it. Give me more truck and less manual for the same money afaic.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:16 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks guys for the input. Much appreciated. Looking forward to having fun with it!
Old 01-10-2016, 05:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That is exactly why I bought mine. My boys bash their two traxxas cars, and I bought this one for me. Go for it!
Old 01-10-2016, 08:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey everyone great thread. Got my rig before Christmas, havent run it yet. Still need to buy charger and batteries. Been running Nitro for last 15 years. Got all the shims and pins needed for the diffs. Rcraven springs, bought spare thrust bearing from hobby king. Have a couple questions.
1. Are the shocks designed to have no rebound? Only had bladder shocks until now.
2. Who makes a good body that will fit and be as rigid as the stock? Would like to do Ford pickup.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Ok i got all my parts in and put my truck back together and made some mods to it.

The diff pins you need to buy are HPI Z260

I am experimenting with better screws than those junk 1/16 ones that come factory and i have found some.
I went with M3x14 and they go right in. They are just a shade longer than stock but they fit without cutting. The part numbers i used are
Xray 903314
Associated 89208

The head of the bit is 5/64 now and not something that you can strip out in a blink of an eye.

The shocks do have a screw hole in the caps that might help with rebound. If you take them out it might help. Have to experiment with it.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:31 AM
Tech Initiate

I have been trying to google my answers but not having much luck, maybe it's operator error. So here goes.
Stupid question, it is recommended to purchase a 4s Lipo battery. I am going to assume that I should buy 2 due to the weight and size of the vehicle, correct? Also, I can save 10% on my purchase by buying the vehicle and batteries through Horizon Hobby. I tried looking up Dynamite Reaction Lipo batteries but no success. Are they recommended or should I not worry about the 10% saving and go somewhere else to purchase the batteries? Thanks again!

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.