Search
Like Tree30Likes

Losi XXL2-E

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisHiga
Not sure if you guys have seen these yet, but wanted to let you now. The new Losi Aluminum Knuckle for the LST2/XXL2-E are now available and shipping.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...odId=LOS344000
I'd be spraying oven cleaner on that the day it arrived. I miss Losi blue.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Yep. Me too. Blue..., and nitro..
Old 11-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Now I need to buy that to, thanks..

But indeed, I like the blue better, sucks that they don't let you choose between red or blue.

Oh, would this be the same casted aluminium as used on the pin braces at the bulkheads?
Because that is very soft?
Old 11-24-2015, 05:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ruudxd
Now I need to buy that to, thanks..

But indeed, I like the blue better, sucks that they don't let you choose between red or blue.

Oh, would this be the same casted aluminium as used on the pin braces at the bulkheads?
Because that is very soft?
I wish that I could offer aluminum parts in a lot of different colors. But that is not always the case, so they go with the most recent color scheme of the car.

Would you guys prefer if the aluminum parts were anodized black or left natural silver with a clear anodize so they go with everything? Let me know your thoughts.

Some info about the new aluminum spindles. These are fully machined T6 6061 aluminum, not cast. These also use the LST2 geometry so you don't loose any steering, as compared to the original LST steering knuckle.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:18 AM
Tech Addict

Ah, so pretty good aluminium, that is nice to hear!
I would prefer them silver or black indeed, just because I have the first generation XXL, so with the blue accents, and I don't feel 100% fine using oven cleaner or something like that on them.
I am afraid that I wouldnt polish/clean the parts enough, and they would get damaged.
If I had to choose between silver or black I would go for the silver.

Do you work at Losi, if I may ask?
Old 11-25-2015, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

I have 4s packs and 2s packs, however i am used to use hardcase packs with inbuilt bullets. I found out it is a bit hard to use 2 2s hard case packs in the stock batteryholder. I didnt like to stack them up. So i did a tiny tiny mod. Now i can use my 2s hard case packs .

Old 11-25-2015, 01:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ruudxd
Ah, so pretty good aluminium, that is nice to hear!
I would prefer them silver or black indeed, just because I have the first generation XXL, so with the blue accents, and I don't feel 100% fine using oven cleaner or something like that on them.
I am afraid that I wouldnt polish/clean the parts enough, and they would get damaged.
If I had to choose between silver or black I would go for the silver.

Do you work at Losi, if I may ask?
Yes. I work in product development for Losi.

I try to check the forums regularly for things that we can do better to make a better product. So suggestions are always welcomed.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Would you guys prefer if the aluminum parts were anodized black or left natural silver with a clear anodize so they go with everything? Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks for asking Chris, as I would much rather have them in black or silver.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Make the parts in silver. I will never understand why anyone would want to anodize an aluminum part black. It just makes the part look like all the rest of the plastic parts. I know that some people don't like the red but I think it looks fine. It's a heck of a lot better than black.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah78
Make the parts in silver. I will never understand why anyone would want to anodize an aluminum part black. It just makes the part look like all the rest of the plastic parts. I know that some people don't like the red but I think it looks fine. It's a heck of a lot better than black.
Different strokes for different folks....not everyone wants shiny bling standing out on their truck. Just because you have an opinion on color, doesn't mean all differing opinions are wrong. The red would look like crap on both of my XXL's. If these were available in silver or BLACK, I would order two or three sets this evening.

Last edited by Never Satisfied; 11-25-2015 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 11-25-2015, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Never Satisfied
Different strokes for different folks....not everyone wants shiny bling standing out on their truck. Just because you have an opinion on color, doesn't mean all differing opinions are wrong. The red would look like crap on both of my XXL's. If these were available in silver or BLACK, I would order two or three sets this evening.
X2

If aluminum red was the only choice I would stick with the plastic parts. Hate red. I have used oven cleaner to deanodize and it works very well but I would only do it on parts that are not seen. It never brought parts to a Raw color. If these upgrades were in silver or BLUE I would have hit buy it now already. The Dynamite upgrades in Blue were a perfect color IMO.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Never Satisfied
I never said differing opinions were wrong. Just said I didn't understand it. Your opinion is that red looks like crap. My opinion is that black aluminum looks like crap. I guess we can agree to disagree lol!
Old 11-25-2015, 10:52 PM
Tech Champion

I try to check the forums regularly for things that we can do better to make a better product. So suggestions are always welcomed.
Release a nitro version with a rebadged LRP 30...
Old 11-26-2015, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Well, thanks for doing that, that is awesome!
I would like it, if the blue parts would be available to, like the diffs housings, and the shock body's.
The steering knuckles would be great in blue, or silver/raw aluminium colour.
One other thing I would love to, the aluminium spindles, where the hubs are mounted to.
But then with a bit more aluminium, and the hole drilled a bit bigger, with a teflon washer/tube in it.
So between the aluminium spindle, and the screw.
I have the normal aluminium version now, but the steel pin screws are harder then the aluminium, which causes the holes to get oval, and then you have play in the steering.

But I maybe that is hard to fabricate?

Old 11-27-2015, 04:39 AM
Tech Rookie

The losi site and hobby horizon site state to use two batteries of 50c. I have some questions about this.
1. Why 50c? I have 25c already.
2. What happens if I use 25c?
3. It says use two batteries. Is there a cable included to join two batteries together?
4. Can I use one battery? It sounds like some on this thread are.
5. If using one battery, what's specs to use?

I'm new to this. I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.