Search
Like Tree30Likes

Losi XXL2-E

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 11:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Overdriven
I don't have a scale to weigh my components, nor am I going to remove them to weigh them or look up weights. I'm just used to my layout and I like the lipo being up front which can be heavier (depending on the pack) to help tame wheelies and add on power steering. Overall it is a very balanced and centralized layout with a low center of gravity, way better than the old conversion kit.

Yeah no reason to break down your losi, but I bet Losi has their reasons for changing things up on the tranny motor lay out, and my guess has something to do with weight balance or maybe even rotaional forces from the motor?? who knows guess we will find out in time, I still would have rather they put a c.d vs slipper, just not a fan of slippers, c.d 4wd slipper 2wd

watching this video I would say it looks like it handles pretty well except for that first little jump where it nosed down.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I have the TDR package on my xxl too, it is very well balanced once I get warmed up to jumping it.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Originally Posted by wilsonj1018
wonder if the diffs in this truck are shit, or will they actually last a while? I got rid of my 1/8th scales because of all the diff exploding.

None of my 8th scales have exploding diffs, you must be doing something wrong...

EDIT**
I take that back,my memory just kicked in.. stripped ring pinion gear on a savage flux once, ring and pinion on an e-revo once, stripped ring pinion gear on my losi xxl, but was because of a hairline crack in the rear bulkhead, wore out a ring pinion gear on an mt4-g3 : /
Old 07-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Lmao

6s and truggy tires on savage ate diffs shimmed or not lasted about the same time either way. Erevo ate diffs every 2 or 3 runs. Summit ate diffs quite often but in its defense I ran mudslingers with the slipper locked.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:17 AM
Tech Champion

Donuts, landing on power etc are all bad for diffs. LST diffs are solid - solid as it gets..
Old 07-04-2015, 12:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

6s and truggy tires on savage ate diffs shimmed or not lasted about the same time either way. Erevo ate diffs every 2 or 3 runs. Summit ate diffs quite often but in its defense I ran mudslingers with the slipper locked.
Yeah all vehicles with slipper clutch's and what is worse is both those traxxas vehicles would have been better off with losi diffs :/ maybe they would have held up.

which brings up another gripe, I also wish losi could have come up with a new wheel tire, I do not know why but just wish they would have, a long with a c.d, in case I did not mention that already : )
Old 07-04-2015, 12:35 AM
Tech Adept

Traxxas diffs seem to suck for everyone. The only one I have t had issues with is the slash platform. Currently have one with a 4265 running on 4s with no issues. A friend of mine just put losi 1/5 diffs in his revo LOL. It's insane how tough they are but it took a lot of work to get them working correctly in his truck. I may have to give this truck a try as I want something big again.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drool'z4G3
Yeah no reason to break down your losi, but I bet Losi has their reasons for changing things up on the tranny motor lay out, and my guess has something to do with weight balance or maybe even rotaional forces from the motor?? who knows guess we will find out in time
Yeah, definitely not breaking it down but I just meant I'm not going to get scientific with my reasoning or proving anything. I like my layout and Losi should've copied it end of story! Lol. In all seriousness, manufacturers do seem to go for a weight balance that has a bit more weight in the rear. It's probably a safer bet for them as it's easier for a newer driver to bring the nose down with brakes than up with throttle. Personally I like a bit more weight up front to get the most steering possible. Like you said, we'll see but I doubt it's that huge of a difference compared to the usual electric layout.

I like center diffs too. Never had one in a MT, besides a race Revo which doesn't really count. My XXL would have one by now but if I do it I want it low and attached to the center skid. Getting the cd and the 1717 in between the frame rails is a bit tricky though. Plus my house has been taking up project time and I still gotta get the garage wired for the welder to make the custom length center shafts.

Nice XXL. I gotta do a vid one of these days.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well this XXL 2e has seriously peaked my interest, and I have been seriously looking at another truggy mt as my next purchase, but whats better than one losi xxl... 2e losi xxl, tough choice been seriously looking at the arrma Kraton for almost half the price : /
Old 07-04-2015, 01:09 AM
Tech Adept

Every time I go in my lhs they have a kraton on their repair shelf. I was thinking of buying one and the manager actually told me they are pieces of shit and I should look into something else.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Every time I go in my lhs they have a kraton on their repair shelf. I was thinking of buying one and the manager actually told me they are pieces of shit and I should look into something else.
They have their known issues just like any rc, anyone taking their rc to a repair shop should get out of the hobby.

Back on topic....Losi's quality is top notch, I have a feeling I am going to end up with this truck, also it seems this truck was made for the USA and the U.K, go red white and blue.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Oh man what an absolutely ugly body and why oh why did they continue with Red color scheme. I am glad parts will be available for quit a while even though you don't need much spares from what i can tell so far.

I just finished my Losi LST XXL conversion with a Traxxas XO-1 motor. It is stupid fast on 5S and beyond mental on 6S. By far the most grin inducing RC i have. I haven't even turned up the power yet with high C rated batteries or tweaked the ESC settings yet. Still getting used to it and tuning.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cmbscx10
Oh man what an absolutely ugly body and why oh why did they continue with Red color scheme.
totally agree
Old 07-09-2015, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cmbscx10
Oh man what an absolutely ugly body and why oh why did they continue with Red color scheme.
Originally Posted by roulette
totally agree
It is an ugly body and I hate the red too. You can probably thank the Dynamite association for the red, I wouldn't doubt if they do the red to other non race vehicles when they have a Dynamite branded power system. I remember back in the day hating the red on Dynamite parts and it makes me cringe seeing it again
Old 07-09-2015, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Biggest thing for me will be parts availability. I already know the platform is good but for a company the size of Losi the parts support is (sometimes) horrible.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

It still amazes me that it took losi this long to come out with this, i converted my lst2 like 4-5 years ago with TDR, rc-monster and a few custom pieces of acrylic. The truck is solid, especially when you do a few mods to it, but i do wish they would make hardened spider gears, because even shimmed, they can fail and in reality is the only part that does fail.
I was checking out TDR's website and noticed everything is out of stock, is he closed up?
Old 07-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by honda237
I was checking out TDR's website and noticed everything is out of stock, is he closed up?
I emailed him about a month ago, he had moved to another state. His machine shop was in storage and he was looking for another company to make his parts until he got back up and running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.