Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Official Team Associated Rival Monster Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Who else here use 6s lipo´s on their Rivals?

And if you do, how many parts have you broke with those 6s?

My list:

After 2 pretty hard bashing session in sand and asphalt I managed to break these parts:

- My slippery clutch became "very slippery" = when I throttle gently everything is OK, but if I pull the trigger just a little bit harder, then the slippery just keep´s slipping. (I have not tried yet, that will the tightening up the slippery clutch will help, or are my slippery just toast)...

- When I noticed that my slippery clutch just keep´s slipping, I gently drove my Rival back to my car, but before taking back to trunk I decided to give it just one more full throttle burst...

Result was that the left front wheel dropped off with the wheel hex still in touch.

The pin wich hold´s that wheel hex in place has snapped off in 3 pieces around my drive saft...
Old 07-21-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share my rival. all stock except for the custom skid plate which I did when I was bored and some 1/8 truggy springs lying around though still soft. need to get the gold and red spring.

swapped out my esc and motor to hobbywing 1800kv which I have been using with my xray xt8. Been using 4s and it was quite good. The stock tires are good especially for bashing as it is high and absorb some of the impacts. test fitted my xray xt8 wheels with the stock tires side by side. next plan is to sort out my spring, diff oils and try 17t pinion.

Thanks Marcuda for your advise about the Losi xxl gas.. Been reading all your upgrades about your rival here..
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Associated Rival Monster Truck Thread-img_0441.jpg   Official Team Associated Rival Monster Truck Thread-img_0440.jpg   Official Team Associated Rival Monster Truck Thread-img_0123.jpg  
Old 07-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Ran my Rival for the first time tonight after installing Rpm arms, aluminum shock caps, 70wt. shock oil with red/copper springs and 100,000 wt diff oil in the center diff. I think I like it more than the MT4. What is a safe temp for the stock motor?
Old 07-21-2014, 08:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by japong
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share my rival. all stock except for the custom skid plate which I did when I was bored and some 1/8 truggy springs lying around though still soft. need to get the gold and red spring.

swapped out my esc and motor to hobbywing 1800kv which I have been using with my xray xt8. Been using 4s and it was quite good. The stock tires are good especially for bashing as it is high and absorb some of the impacts. test fitted my xray xt8 wheels with the stock tires side by side. next plan is to sort out my spring, diff oils and try 17t pinion.

Thanks Marcuda for your advise about the Losi xxl gas.. Been reading all your upgrades about your rival here..

Nice work I like the skid plate idea what material did you use on that?
Old 07-21-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Old 07-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by VPN83

My list:

After 2 pretty hard bashing session in sand and asphalt I managed to break these parts:

- My slippery clutch became "very slippery" = when I throttle gently everything is OK, but if I pull the trigger just a little bit harder, then the slippery just keep´s slipping. (I have not tried yet, that will the tightening up the slippery clutch will help, or are my slippery just toast)...

- When I noticed that my slippery clutch just keep´s slipping, I gently drove my Rival back to my car, but before taking back to trunk I decided to give it just one more full throttle burst...

Result was that the left front wheel dropped off with the wheel hex still in touch.

The pin wich hold´s that wheel hex in place has snapped off in 3 pieces around my drive saft...
I guess I should address this before I get my 3s's thanks for posting!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FurnRC619
Nice work I like the skid plate idea what material did you use on that?
I had a extra plastic lid lying around here. About 0.3cm thick. I could have used some aluminum though but i don't have a dremel yet.. :-)

Prettyeagles: how do you find the handling using those setup diff setup and shcok oil? I would like mine to handle somewhere near a truggy handling. Have you also change the front and rear diff oil?
Old 07-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

So far I loving it. On asphalt , from a dead stop, front end will come up about 8-10 inches then settles down. On dirt and gravel the front pulls but no pizza cutter. I have not changed the front or rear diff oil. With the current shock setup there is good weight transfer under acceleration and braking.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:22 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Markcuda
OK, I got all 4 front shocks converted over to aluminum bodies and aluminum bottom caps.
I didn't fill them all the way up, like I did the rears.
The shafts slide up and down very easy.
I did take some oil out of the 4 rears also, and I adjusted the bottom cap so the shafts slide pretty easy.
I am done with the shocks, thank God)))))))))))
Glad you got it all sorted out dude....
Old 07-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Matt, I think my Rival needs one more thing, a HitecTG7955)))))))))
Old 07-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by VPN83

My list:

After further investigation, the only thing which really was broken was just that pin which hold´s that hex on its place.
Seem´s like it has snapped way before than the wheel actually dropped off, and that was the reasons for that slippery clutch slipping kind of efect.

That broken pin allowed that drivesaft spin freely inside that hex, and that´s why it seemed like my slippery clutch was busted.
Now I have replaced that pin, and bash 1 set of batteries without any problems.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

Pettyeagles: thanks for the setup.. Need to find where can i buy the 500000 diff weight oil on my local hobbyshop. I only have 3k,7k and 10k diff oil..

Vpn83: nice that your able to run it back again...
Old 09-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by japong
Pettyeagles: thanks for the setup.. Need to find where can i buy the 500000 diff weight oil on my local hobbyshop. I only have 3k,7k and 10k diff oil..

Vpn83: nice that your able to run it back again...

I just had my lhs order up some 500k oil. It's Traxxas, so it's easy to get! I'm about to give it a try for the first time.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Default NEW RIVAL STEERING DRAG LINKS!!!!

Hey Guys, Werty Made custom aluminum steering drag link for the AE Rival. Right now these are a limited run, You will get 2 for $15 SHIPPED! One threaded and one non threaded. As you can see from the pictures below this gives the Rival way better steering and replaces the plastic one. Has 2 different mounting points as well. So get a set while you can, Just hit up Werty Made on Facebook
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Associated Rival Monster Truck Thread-link-side-side.jpg   Official Team Associated Rival Monster Truck Thread-all-links.jpg  
Old 09-18-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.