Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Official Team Associated Rival Monster Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2023, 11:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Any chance we can bump this thread back to life?

What’s up folks? I’m working on refreshing my 2013 Rival. I’ve upgraded quite a bit of parts; all the electronics, tires and wheel combo, and much of the suspension.

I’m also in the process of upgrading to a center differential as opposed to a transmission. Reason being, the steel spur gears for the OG Rival are impossible to come by, and I’m putting out so much power that I sheared the teeth off the nylon spur gear. In an effort to revive this rig, I went with a center diff that already has a steel spur gear on it.

Where I’m stuck at right now, is finding the right length driveshafts to fit with the new differential. I’m curious if anyone in this group has done this upgrade.

Considering how long it’s been since anyone has posted on this thread, I’m not expecting a response, but I find it best to shout into the aether in the hopes of a reply than to do nothing at all.

keep bashing, bashers.
Old 03-28-2023, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheeDanSolo
What’s up folks? I’m working on refreshing my 2013 Rival. I’ve upgraded quite a bit of parts; all the electronics, tires and wheel combo, and much of the suspension.... -
We still have our's. It was the first new truck I bought for my son and it is sitting up on a shelf where it will probably stay. This is a bit unfortunate, as it has some good stuff on it, but since parts are so hard to find we are kind of scared to drive it. I think we will take it out once in a while, but this truck, some Pro Rally's, and my experience with Thunder Tiger has tainted my taste of AE right now with only making vehicles for a year or two and then stopping parts manufacturing. In the case of the Pro Rally, I don't even think they are 5 years old and some of the parts are completely non existent. Very disappointing.
Old 09-07-2023, 09:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, just finished the video on my Rival MT8. i'd be massively grateful if you could give it a watch

https://youtu.be/cMVDbkDrkhk
petersen114 and SaintSlothX like this.