Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless Emaxx FLM Build/ Advice Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Looking good. My parts were all ordered yesterday and I believe all shipped today. I see you have FLM hinge pins, did they fit fine with the rpm arms or did you have to trim the lower arms slightly? I got the same pins on the way, but some people said that the arms might have to be shaved down slightly to get the eclips on. I'm planning on ordering plastix injector pins eventually, but I wanted to try the flm pins first. Since I don't jump much I don't think I will be bending pins, at least I hope not.

I splurged last night and got, possibly, the sickest rims ever produced for the t/emaxx. I cant say what ones yet though, its a surprise for everyone. Im pumped about them. Might not actually run them though, thinking about getting tech 5's and trenchers to run, or badlands.

Sorry for clogging your thread, but seeing your new parts gets me excited about mine. HURRY UP POST MAN.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Their are three different size pins, I didnt have to shave the arm any to get the e clips on but did have to shave the rear lower arms to be able to fit the bulkheads. They didn't move freely enough.

Has anyone been putting shims in the center driveshafts to take out some of the play. If so what have you been using. I think brushless would just eat up rubber ovrings in no time
Old 01-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

they make dogbone springs
Old 01-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Accordman, thanks I will have to look those up
Old 01-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

what did the tekno rc knuckles cost you, im looking for a GOOD set of knuckles and they are the only one i remotely want.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:21 AM
Tech Addict

They were seventy dollars for the complete kit front and rear.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Ok between last night and tonight i got all the drivetrain, servo, and receiver wired up. I also got the axle carriers, losi xxl axles and shock towers on. Tomorrow evening i will start building the shocks and also paiint the body. It looks like this thing may come to life this weekend
last order of parts for this build came in today

here is a comparison of tekno vs stock axle carriers

I wanted to run the motor wires underneath the chassis but it was going to be to cluttered under there so i picked up a assortment of these wire connectors and screwed it in with my esc fan bolts.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

how long did your shocks take to get
Old 01-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Wow definitely subscribed to this thread! I have the EMaxx Brushless 3908 upgraded with a front steel skid/bumper, RPM front axle carriers, T-Bone Wheelie bar, Integy bulks front and rear, 40 series Big Joes on Tech 5's, Robinson Racing Slipper w/Steel Spur, Robinson hardened pinions, MIPs on all 4 corners, Traxxas center CVD's and always running 6s.

I'm amazed with all those broken parts the Top Kick body is still looking great!

Down the line I'm going to need a lower COG chassis and have always looked at FLM.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Accordman
how long did your shocks take to get
Needless to say ue left me a bit dissapointed. I ordered the shocks and towers on the 25 of December and just got them yesterday. Also received a email on the 2nd of January saying they had been shipped. I waited and waited then finally emailed back wanting a tracking number because I was receiving stuff from California before these pieces could get here from south Carolina and I am in Virginia. Sent the email on the 8th then get the tracking number and they had just shipped on the 9th. Luckily I had to wait on my big order anyway but still not that great of communication and I would not advise the ue shock towers with flm hybrid bulks. Had to modify one.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

yea i have FLM towers myself but am still looking at getting the shocks sometime soon, as theres really not another option for me. I guess i'll have to be patient.

Are your batteries 2s or 3s?
Old 01-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

I have 2s that I can stand on there sides and connect them together. If it jumps level then I will pick up a few 4s, if not I will switch the motor back to center and run the batteries on each side.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Moondog, you got typical ue customer service. Robin turns out some awesome parts, but he is known for the lack of customer service. That could be a big reason why ue isn't producing anymore new parts. I'm glad you did get some of the ue parts though, the quality is usually great. I got my parts today and got my wheels/tires yesterday. I will post pics tomorrow night.

The tekno carriers look awesome, glad I went with them. I decided on a tru track for the rear, but if it gives me any issues I will go with the teknos for it as well and get normal rpm arms for it.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Blazer you need to hurry up and post some pics, you can't leave us hanging saying you picked up the sickest set of wheels and the make us keep waiting to seem them lol.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Ok ok, check my thread. Early pics are coming. Wanted to wait but since I mentioned them a little to early I will go ahead and reveal the secret. They may not be the sickest wheels ever, but I've wanted them for a while and they aren't easy to get. Now I can't decide if I want them polished or just natural. One is polished, tell me what you think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.