Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ultimate LST XXL monster build!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Who brags about a Jeep Wrangler Limited, anyway???
Old 04-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dadic 78
I've got plenty of toy's and a MORE than healthy income too dude, just don't need to try and show people up on RC Tech...

Weak effort man... I gave you the benefit of the doubt until right now...
Show people up? You seem to miss the point, I spend my own money on what I want. My SO doesn't wear the pants in my household. Remember whose thread this is. So if you don't like it, or can't have fun with it, then move along. Thin skinned canucks.............all the same that live skin deep literally........
Old 04-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Who brags about a Jeep Wrangler Limited, anyway???
Well considering how I deck out my rc toys, just imagine how my big toys are decked out....................sure is a hell of alot better than talkin about or following NASCAR. .......................left...................left .................left..................left....... ...............left..............left.

Interesting quote btw:
you take R/C as a HOBBY, because it's a hobby... Grown men playing with toy cars should NEVER be taken too seriously
Ever follow your own advice or do you like calling the kettle black? In the future, stick to hockey and zambonis........
Old 04-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
Well considering how I deck out my rc toys, just imagine how my big toys are decked out....................sure is a hell of alot better than talkin about or following NASCAR. .......................left...................left .................left..................left....... ...............left..............left.

Interesting quote btw: Ever follow your own advice or do you like calling the kettle black? In the future, stick to hockey and zambonis........
hahahahahahahahahahahahah
Old 04-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just one question, what's wrong with the stock XXL diffs?

They're solid and have metal inserts that are much tougher than any brass insert you can put in that hawt racing cup.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by neobart
Just one question, what's wrong with the stock XXL diffs?

They're solid and have metal inserts that are much tougher than any brass insert you can put in that hawt racing cup.
Absolutely nothing is wrong with the stock diff cups. They are 100% solid. I just did the aluminum diff cups(albeit with a modification)for a bit of internal bling factor,.......plus I was bored.

Since this thread is continuing onto my "rebuild" of my xxl basher, you will see I use the stock diff cups for my bashing xxl.

Last edited by ntrain42; 04-18-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

....i see where this thread is going.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

This is absurd! Leave the guy alone. People here are obviously jealous. This forum is turning into a bunch of brats and knowitalls.This is the main reason I havent been on here much anymore. I really like your truck. I chose to skip the ti coated stuff but it looks great! And hot racing does make some pretty good parts. Alot better than integy. I think most people just down them cause they cant afford to go and spend 20 bucks plus shipping on one little part. I really think you should have went with a picco or better yet a clocked picco.. But I am pretty sure that thing is going to rip it up enough for you video of this beast?

Last edited by sm1nts2escape; 04-18-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

i had an lrp in my savage xl and that motor was almost too much. i think the lrp .30x is going to be plenty of power since its supposed to be better then the lrp .30 with pullstart. i say go with it man, run it till shes got nothing left. then upgrade.. i have heard alot of good things about the piccos and shit and i do wanna try one also. but the lrp .30x looks sick to me
Old 04-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sm1nts2escape
This is absurd! Leave the guy alone. People here are obviously jealous. This forum is turning into a bunch of brats and knowitalls.This is the main reason I havent been on here much anymore. I really like your truck. I chose to skip the ti coated stuff but it looks great! And hot racing does make some pretty good parts. Alot better than integy. I think most people just down them cause they cant afford to go and spend 20 bucks plus shipping on one little part. I really think you should have went with a picco or better yet a clocked picco.. But I am pretty sure that thing is going to rip it up enough for you video of this beast?
Well honestly, Hot Racing is in the same class as "Integy". One of the first aluminum parts I tried from HR was their steering bellcrank. Hit a curb at moderate speeds and it bent like spagetti. Its typical 6 series soft aluminum, but they shave every last gram of metal off it which makes it prone to damage and bending real easy. SO the Hot Racing aluminum parts I do use, are done in non impact areas where they cant get damaged. The Hot Racing parts I use are the battery tray,diff supports, bulkheads,servo mounts and throttle linkage and diff cups. All these parts are never going to take any impact damage. THe diff cups were modded so the pin inserts ride on brass sleeves instead of the aluminum directly.

THe impact parts are by New Era which makes the best HD aluminum parts. This includes roll bar, skid plates, wheelie bar, hubs, c hubs, steering knuckles, 23mm adaptors and on the shelf queen shock towers.

As for engines, I have 2 .30x engines, 1 Picco pullstart already, and a pair of LRP 454's still. I may get a modded Picco to compare with the stock one I have which im gonna give an extra gallon or so to break in to see if it wakes up better than it runs currently.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well we have different expeiriences on ht racing then. I had the bellcranks on my revo and the steering linkage. Tons of hard crashes and never bent anything. But I have bent integy from looking at it. I had a new era bb kit with an aluminum arm but I thought that metal was very soft compared to my hot racing crap. Keep in mind this is 3 or more years ago so things might be different now. Either way you seem to know what your doing and I want to see a video of this thing ripping it up.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sm1nts2escape
Well we have different expeiriences on ht racing then. I had the bellcranks on my revo and the steering linkage. Tons of hard crashes and never bent anything. But I have bent integy from looking at it. I had a new era bb kit with an aluminum arm but I thought that metal was very soft compared to my hot racing crap. Keep in mind this is 3 or more years ago so things might be different now. Either way you seem to know what your doing and I want to see a video of this thing ripping it up.
Whether its Hot Racing, Dynamite, GPM, Integy or New Era aluminum parts, its ALL 6 series aluminum. WHat seperates New Era from the other companies is the "beefy" size/thickness of their parts. You may very well have great experience with HR, with your Revo. I just know the HR steering crank for the LST is a weak link. I just grabbed DYnamite's steering linkage too to try and its not much better, and Dynamite is supposed to be pretty respectable for aluminum parts. My basher uses the stock bellcrank boiled with avid bearings and the BAC link. For the LST its the best way to go.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42

Interesting quote btw: Ever follow your own advice or do you like calling the kettle black? In the future, stick to hockey and zambonis........
Last thing I'm interested in doing is e-fighting on a forum with you man... Just think before you speak. You've rubbed many people the wrong way in your short time here, and you've helped many people. You chose to rub me the wrong way and I commented... Just something to think about...
Old 04-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

enough of this chit chat...wheres the VID?!
Old 04-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

You chose to rub me the wrong way and I commented... Just something to think about...
Should I have used the left hand instead?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.