Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Ultimate LST XXL monster build! >

Ultimate LST XXL monster build!

Ultimate LST XXL monster build!

Old 04-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Ultimate LST XXL monster build!

OK, been meaning to get this posted for awhile. Here is a complete "cost no object, replace literally every part" rebuild makeover. Below first are some pics showing all the parts(minus New Era shock towers and CF chassis)that are going to be used on this build.

You name it, its there. Including a full set of Avid bearings.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Next up: We need a donor truck........hmmmmm..........now lets see, where can I find one of those..........Here we go! Found a "spare" truck sittin in my closet with a brand new custom paint job done by your's truely!

There will be plenty of new take off parts on this one going to a good home for a fellow member here including the tx/rx set and the engine/pipe combo.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Nice..

Looks like over 1000$$ worth of parts?

Where's the new era wheelie bar huh huh? Let me as you this are thoes rpm a arms threaded? If so what did you have to get for them to mount on your truck?

If you don't mind can you send me the parts number because I found white rpm a arms but there threaded so any help will be nice
Old 04-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
Nice..

Looks like over 1000$$ worth of parts?

Where's the new era wheelie bar huh huh? Let me as you this are thoes rpm a arms threaded? If so what did you have to get for them to mount on your truck?

If you don't mind can you send me the parts number because I found white rpm a arms but there threaded so any help will be nice
Try well over $2k, I just looked up all the slips, thats including new LRP .30x engine, hard anodized dynamie 086 pipe and hard anodized Losi header, 3 Hitec HV 7954 servos, and of course a new Spektrum DX3R PRO tx/rx set with 40 model memory, telemetry and DSM2. Its absolutely a REDICULOUS amount of wasted money down the toilet, but its all in the name of fun and bragging rights.

As for the RPM arms part # 73192, 4 of those and 1 package of #73240 are needed. Lunsford 5x38mm titanium turnbuckles are optional but not needed unless your cliff/house jumping.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

looks good man, wheres the pics of the take off parts lol
Old 04-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ntrain42
Try well over $2k, I just looked up all the slips, thats including new LRP .30x engine, hard anodized dynamie 086 pipe and hard anodized Losi header, 3 Hitec HV 7954 servos, and of course a new Spektrum DX3R PRO tx/rx set with 40 model memory, telemetry and DSM2. Its absolutely a REDICULOUS amount of wasted money down the toilet, but its all in the name of fun and bragging rights.

As for the RPM arms part # 73192, 4 of those and 1 package of #73240 are needed. Lunsford 5x38mm titanium turnbuckles are optional but not needed unless your cliff/house jumping.

Damn !!!

In my eyes its not a wast of money all well spent ...

Hey let me know how you like the lpr.30x because I'm not getting the novi and defiantly not picco. So the lpr.30x is my next buy since my 454 is a lpr.28 and I love that motor.

Hey one last thing is that motor a pull start or roto? Do you have to buy a back plate for it or will our pull start/roto on our 454 fit on it?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
Damn !!!

In my eyes its not a wast of money all well spent ...

Hey let me know how you like the lpr.30x because I'm not getting the novi and defiantly not picco. So the lpr.30x is my next buy since my 454 is a lpr.28 and I love that motor.

Hey one last thing is that motor a pull start or roto? Do you have to buy a back plate for it or will our pull start/roto on our 454 fit on it?
Bro, I just had a chance to see a new Novi .28 in an LST2, Im honestly not blown away. Id still take a Picco pullstart over the Novi rotostart 5 port .28. Its on par IMO with a 454 running on 30%. The .30x LRP is definetly stronger across the powerband as well. If you want a Novi, look for an older 528XR,that is worth it and is a monster engine, just good luck finding one, lol.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

i want to get the lrp .30x also. i really like lrp and thats my next buy. but it aint gonna be for a while. i want to see how the 454 goes first and play with it a lil then il step up to something bigger and better once i get the feel of the truck and all.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by ntrain42
Bro, I just had a chance to see a new Novi .28 in an LST2, Im honestly not blown away. Id still take a Picco pullstart over the Novi rotostart 5 port .28. Its on par IMO with a 454 running on 30%. The .30x LRP is definetly stronger across the powerband as well. If you want a Novi, look for an older 528XR,that is worth it and is a monster engine, just good luck finding one, lol.
Lol.

I'm not getting the novi no more.

I'm getting the lpr.30x since I have a lpr motor already the 454. Did you have to buy some extra parts for the motor or did it come pull start?

P.s nice to see you rocking the clear bed..
Old 04-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sick build! Can't wait to see the finished truck. Which reminds me, I need to get back to work on my own project when I can!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

$2K on an R/C?!?! That's re-damn-diculous!

Do you need insurance for a rig like that?
Old 04-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This is what I did to my Savage 25

the C-hubs and rear knuckles are still stock. I think that's all that is left.

I actually ended up with a complete chassis/suspension/radio which wheels and tires. I'm missing the hardware and drivetrain components to piece it together however, the old stuff was either lost or broken.

Take lots of pictures and let us know how it turns out!
Old 04-16-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Anyway, here is the stock XXL on the stand being stripped down. First the heatsink on the motor comes off, followed by removal of the engine.

Next up, removal of the spur gear assembly, and remember, the RIGHT TOOL for the job.

The removal of the chassis center skid:

Next, removal of the wheels:

The bare chassis:

Old 04-16-2011, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Sorry for the monster sized pics, lol! I hate photobucket.......it gives me different sized pics everytime.

ANyway, here is a quick pic of the New Era roll bar, as you can see, it protects fully the engine,servos,electronics, and its HIGHLY recommended for SERIOUS bashers.

It also acts as a brace point and significantly reduces stress and abuse to the main chassis and components.

And here is an underside shot of the New Era 3 piece skid set. As you can see it OVERLAYS the stock skids and wraps up in front of the stock bumper assembly protecting the chassis from serious impacts. You can see just how thick they are too. The New Era skids, combined with the New Era roll bar ='s a TANK. Ive hit telephone poles at 40mph plus and curbs with 0 damage to the truck. Damage that would have occured without them. Its a small investment that in the long run will save you significant money.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Next up are the stock diff assemblies and transmission:

And the goodies that will be replaced on the diffs including Tini gearing,Hot racing aluminum diff cups, Losi HD outdrive cups.

The stock diff disassembled, with the new parts ready to be installed:

The gears installed into the new Hot Racing aluminum diff cup. I actually made a modification here. I am NOT a fan of these cups when the bare pins are placed into them as they will wear out and groove quickly, so I found some small sleeves at the HD that will slip onto the gear pins so that they will not ride on the aluminum diff cup itself reducing potential wear and giving a slighly better fit.

Assembled and ready to go:

Last edited by ntrain42; 04-16-2011 at 05:53 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.