Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Single Sub-C question >

Single Sub-C question

Single Sub-C question

Old 12-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Single Sub-C question

I have a couple Integy 4100 NIMH 6-cell 7.2V packs that started to drop. I found one Single Cell in each pack that reversed polarity. I was able to jump start one of the by hitting it with two seconds off a 12V battery and it is holding at 1.27v nicely. The other one I hit a few times and it goes up to about .90v or so but then drops the charge right away. My question is that I am trying to find one Single Cell 4100 NIMH to replace this dead cell but can't seem to find anyone who cells them anywhere. Does anyone know where I can pick one of these up or do you think someone around here might have one that i could purchase? I have tried the usual sources like All-Battery, Battery Junction, etc. but no luck.

Thanks in forward for your help....

Erik
Old 12-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Seriously, I would not even mess with that. I would count my losses and move on to bigger and better things. Your talking about integy here, not pro-match. You would have to find the exact mah cell.

If you want to stick to NiMh packs, Pro-match are the best cells you can buy. Even the un-matched cells are probably the best around. If you have a cell go bad with these packs, you can replace the bad one. You can buy your cells and build your own packs too.

http://www.promatchracing.com/products.php?cat=9