Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Savage Flux HP vs. Brushless E-Revo

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have a truggy electric roller that you bash or race... pm me for more info.. youll need a motor/esc and servo and rx/tx...

see my sig

Alex
Old 07-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Savage_Racing
Anyone got a photo of the 2 next to each other?
all i could tell u when there side by side is same length savage sits higher looks like a real monster truck revo may have a lil longer wheel base
Old 07-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

ERBE

Wheelbase: 358mm
Width: 419mm

FLUX

Wheelbase: 337mm
Width: 427mm

ERBE has a longer wheelbase and definitely sits lower.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just go with the savage flux ull have a blast
Old 07-31-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

For some reason the ERBE looks more like a big truggy. Anyone else think that way???
Old 07-31-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Initiate

the revo comes with a 2.4gig radio and i believe the savage doesent,if your racing the revo all the way but if your doing bashing then the savage is the way to go
Old 07-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by vstrok
For some reason the ERBE looks more like a big truggy. Anyone else think that way???
It def doesn't look like a real MT.......
Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

im not a traxxas fan at all but the revo is the better bet..theres always parts at hobby shops for them there not cramped like a savage and there still durible...id say the revo in this case
Old 08-01-2009, 02:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

value=erevo brushless
toughness=savage flux
hop ups=revo
racing=revo

thats about it I think the savatge is just a great basher vs revo though revo is more of a technogogical marvel though I like my savage I wish there were more upgrades like the revo. Might ditch the savage minus electronics for a stock revo....just because I like to upgrade.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vstrok
Yeah, probably cause of the wing, low mount body and lower ride height. Kind of makes it look good though

Originally Posted by nitrorustler135
the revo comes with a 2.4gig radio and i believe the savage doesent,if your racing the revo all the way but if your doing bashing then the savage is the way to go
2.4ghz radio is nice but not a fan of Traxxas radios, feel really cheap and battery cover doesn't always like to stay on

Originally Posted by reggie l.
im not a traxxas fan at all but the revo is the better bet..theres always parts at hobby shops for them there not cramped like a savage and there still durible...id say the revo in this case
Yeah parts are everywhere for Traxxas and standard parts are cheap but you don't here many people breaking parts on the Savage, just gears. Is this still happening to everyone or has HPI bought out stronger gears?

Originally Posted by jocktheglide
value=erevo brushless
toughness=savage flux
hop ups=revo
racing=revo

thats about it I think the savatge is just a great basher vs revo though revo is more of a technogogical marvel though I like my savage I wish there were more upgrades like the revo. Might ditch the savage minus electronics for a stock revo....just because I like to upgrade.
I still haven't made up my mind. Realistically if you were wanting a racer you wouldn't be looking at either two you would be looking for a truggy. Does the Savage have to run with the wheelie bar? Or does it just do constant wheelies and backflips as that does nothing for me? Is there a way of stopping it without limiting the motor/esc with the castlelink? I was wanting to run it on 4S. One thing that is putting me off the savage is the gears stripping/breaking, is there a fix for this yet? Are there any other weak parts on the savage?
Old 08-02-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I try to read every thread about these two trucks , and the conclusion is always the same.

Bashing/tough = Flux
Racing/parts = BLRevo

I still can't decide because my style of bashing is "racing"

Here's really the question I have: (I have a 6S BL E-maxx)

Where does the E-Maxx with the same BL setup fall in between these two?
Or would one say the e-maxx is worse in every catagory? I can break it very easily very often.

I'm tending toward the e-revo since it shares many parts with e-maxx and I like that. I will use my own radio and sell the stock one either way.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Lord

I assume you have the 3905, the newer E-Maxx?

I think either E-Maxx would be considered below either the ERBE or the Flux and I think you've experienced why. I have the older 3906 and its pretty much the same as your experience with yours.

I wanted to get the ERBE, but the Flux came out 1st (there were several delays with ERBE) and thats the one I got. I always assumed I'd wind up owning both, but reading like you're doing, I'm not sure I'm going to buy a ERBE. Complaints I see time and time again that the rear suspension is diff to get and keep dialed, drive axle brgs are stressed, wear quickly and get sloppy, and complaints about rockers/pushrods wear and breakage.

Been happy so far with the Flux.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have a few of each, but the 6S MMM is in my newer e-maxx. It is much stronger with diffs,shafts,trans.

I do like the maxx a bit better than my e-savs , so I may just stay with Traxxas and even try to sell the e-savs as well. I've got so many parts in stock for e-maxxes I need to sell a few of the older trucks as well.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCZILLA
Yeah parts are everywhere for Traxxas and standard parts are cheap but you don't here many people breaking parts on the Savage, just gears. Is this still happening to everyone or has HPI bought out stronger gears?
dude gears are a bitch to get to when your some where bashing...just get a revo rpm arms done...
Old 08-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Lord

If you're talking about the trans - the 18/23t gear, thats more a wear prob - yeah, they'll break if you're not watching them and let the stock ones wear down too far.

Just replace them with the new hardened upgrade gears and its the end of that prob.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.