Wiki Posts
Search

Axial Scorpion AX-10 Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jedsled
it seems as tho theres alot of ax-10s out there for sale that have been completed and only ran a few times... why is it? higher expectations of someone just getting into crawling?
They crawl great. People just seem to get hooked and want to go with more bling, or they find out they don't really like it and are just selling them off.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Here is my pics so far. Still in the building part.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

http://picasaweb.google.com/scottmisfits

Just some pic's from a local garage comp we had today. I ended up winning. I have the red and silver Rockstar Axial.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro Herb
Well i see your sticking up for brushless motors , i hate to give ya bad news but the Quote that you put up there from George Gonzales is 100%true but he is talking about Novaks brushed system not the brushless goat system. LOL
with novaks goat esc, you can run brushed or brushless.

Last edited by jedsled; 04-21-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ok hook up a brushless motor to your rooster crawler and let us know how it works out for ya . I wanna see some pics of your wiring to.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Novak Goat - Brushed/Brushless
Novak Rooster/Rooster Crawler - Brushed only
Old 04-22-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
Novak Goat - Brushed/Brushless
Novak Rooster/Rooster Crawler - Brushed only
yup exactley, im running a rooster in one rig with a 45t lathe motor, and a castle sidewinder in my other rig with a 45t lathe motor.
The castle is much smoother and easier to crawl with , my novak just hit the classifieds so i can get another castle.

The only thing with castle is you almost have to run a bec to power you servos and reciever.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default AX10 with Integy MSR10 shocks

Has anyone tried the msr10 shocks on their AX10?

I bought a set but they don't come with any instructions. So, I'm a little confused on the amout of oil that goes in them?

Plus, two of the upper pivot balls and retainers popped out even before I could install them. Is that just because Integy didn't get them in completely?

I tried to contact Integy about it two days ago and they still haven't responded?

Thanks
Old 04-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

it seems as tho theres alot of ax-10s out there for sale that have been completed and only ran a few times... why is it? higher expectations of someone just getting into crawling?
I think a reason why you see a lot of crawlers for sale is because crawling is no fun when you do it solo. I built a TLT-based crawler last year and I got bored after the 1st 2 or 3 times I ran it. I recently found a club in my area that holds competitions and get-togethers and it is a whole new experience.
I never would have built another crawler if it weren't for the local club.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nitro Herb
yup exactley, im running a rooster in one rig with a 45t lathe motor, and a castle sidewinder in my other rig with a 45t lathe motor.
The castle is much smoother and easier to crawl with , my novak just hit the classifieds so i can get another castle.

The only thing with castle is you almost have to run a bec to power you servos and reciever.
although you dont "have to" in every set-up, you should also run an external bec in any crawler, it really helps the servos operate smoothly and efficiently.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

although you dont "have to" in every set-up, you should also run an external bec in any crawler, it really helps the servos operate smoothly and efficiently.
Except the Rooster Crawler and the Goat. They already have a 6v/5a internal BEC.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

i dont run a bec with my rooster and have no problems powering the reciever , a 5955tg steering servo and a 645mg tranny servo.
With the castle ive seen guys having problems trying to run a reciever and 2 servos without using the external bec.

I wouldnt suggest running a bec in every crawler unless it is giving issues. A Bec cost around $20 so you could save a little cake by not having run one and also 2.2 crawlers are pretty limited on space and sucks to try to get everthing in a neat package.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Well ive been working on a RC4WD Diablo chassis for my latest comp rig. The chassis came with alot of bolts , shock spacers , and various hardware. This chassi looks kinda big in the pics on there site , but in person the thing is tiny.
I used Axial axles and a R2D tranny from RC4WD. The only upgrade i did to the axles was some stage 3 racing chromoly lockers and they definetly removed alot of the drivetrain slop that the stock ones have. I decided to go with traxxas steel driveshaft yokes and stampede shafts.

For the suspension I used Traxxas alum bigbore shocks with white 2.75 losi springs and 20wt oil on all 4 corners. I made my own upper link mounts for the axles out of some 1/8" delrin i bought. I made all of my links out of Jato ends , 8/32" threaded rod and steel 1/4" teflon coated brake line.

The electronics are a castle sidewinder ESC with a castle external bec. A hitec 5955tg for the steering and a hitec 645mg for the tranny. I also made my ESC and reciever mounts from 1/8" delrin. I have a 45t integy pro lathe motor running on 7 2/3 a cells to power the beast. There is a jr servo in the steering in these pics but it didnt last long . LOL

I got rid of the stock steel skid plate for various reasons and did my own thing with the skid area. i ended up cutting a piece of 1/4" delrin 2 3/4" long and 3/4" wide for my skid . The skid plate is tiny ,not much to get hung up on.The ground clearance is 2 3/4" to the skid , a little higher than my other comp rig but it still seems very stable and good at sidehilling.

I painted the body with fascolors using a marble effect , it came out kinda a purplish pink color. Not real thrilled with the color considering the paint i used said red on the label . LOL Here are a few pics.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Anyone looking for cheap Rock Lizards?

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218950
Old 05-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

my edge "1".... yes, its numbered cause i now have 3 of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.