New engine decision help

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Reading is sometimes difficult....
Originally Posted by houston
im use to race vehicles .... not sure what a 3.5 trophy is ....... guess i need to learn how to read .....

I have to side with Houston here. I thought he was talking about a 3.5cc Trophy engine not a car, truggy buggy or whatever that 3.5 trophy is.

Did a GS it is an HPI 3.5 Trophy RTR

You can get an LRP Z.21R Spec4 from amain
https://www.amainhobbies.com/lrp-z.2...p32173/p720487
Old 01-04-2019, 12:27 PM
Tech Lord

Live Range Nitro Engines - NOVAROSSI WORLD
Old 01-04-2019, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
im use to race vehicles .... not sure what a 3.5 trophy is ....... guess i need to learn how to read .....
dude on the real, what the hec is a 3.5 trophy to the 8th scale threads? I’ve read 3 threads from this guy in the last 10 minutes on first page and obviously he’s a newby and doesn’t know how to tell us what he has. Then roalof of here being a JOElof. Honestly this guy is just posting stuff on his rc wherever he sees fit without any discription, doesn’t know how to pull a diff apart with 4 screws. I wouldn’t take your time with redheads questions but I have so maybe your not so bad Houston, atleast not taking jabs like hoelof is. We’re just trying to help this dude out with his rc car.
Old 01-05-2019, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Redheadrcguy
thinking of upgrading my 3.5 trophy to a better .21 motor like a novarassi or similar that makes about 2.7 or so hp . Will it be ok to do the swap and will I the stock differential and all gears be able to handle the swap? Thanks
the trophy buggy hpi (and a hot bodies lightning) suspension geometries are a copy of the kyosho mp 7.5 winner of 6 world titles hpi uses good materials for the construction of RTR models and kits should not cause damage using it at an amateur level

ps: try to update the clutch as you have been advised

Last edited by marco70; 01-07-2019 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Yea I might be a newbie and have a thousand questions . Who gives a **** that’s what forums are for .. wow
Old 01-07-2019, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Oh boy.. your questions were answered with suggestions.... like you said it is a forum these things you got to deal with... take the advice/ suggestions and run with it... if not I will need to stock up on pop corn..