Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

THE TRACK RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Talking Videos

Dammmnn, I spend all night talking mountains of trash to everyone that will listen and I lose to Brian in the last couple laps.

Best way to spend a Wednesday night that I know of. Mimi the lights over the track are GREAT it is really so much brighter now, makes it easier to see the trucks for us old guys. Not me of course…Cough…I mean OLD guys

I have a question, WHY does the 2wd SCT Amain only get 6 min and all the buggys get 8 min? Somebody help me remember to check the time before the truck race starts next week.

On to the videos

4wd buggy A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FShYMdMCks8

2wd Buggy A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THnzLk-WaNo

2wd Buggy B
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mutTCRSm-Y4

2wd Buggy C
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txtjdbNdmm4

2wd SCT (with a couple 4wd tossed in to keep it interesting)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiVsrv4J6y0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiVsrv4J6y0
Old 10-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Any big events coming up? Weds and sat are your race days?
Old 10-23-2014, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1/16 Mini Class

Ok who wants to run some mini's this Saturday? there are two guys that run every Wednesday night and if they show on Saturday I will definitely join them.
Jay, Ken, Art, Bill, Jeff, Kenny, Rice oh excuse me I mean Rhys, where yall at... It doesn't matter weather its a buggy, SCT, or mini truggy we can run them all together for now until we get enough to split the class. The track is perfect for them....

Mini truggy/ buggy/ sct (1/16 class)

1 Denmark
Old 10-23-2014, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Default Video

Oh good job on the video Chris, thanks...
Old 10-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCworks216
Any big events coming up? Weds and sat are your race days?
I don't know of anything big on the calendar yet. There is still a lot of work/improvements going on in the pits and hobby shop and the Track may be waiting for all of that to shake out first.

Regular Racing starts at 7pm on Wed and 12pm on Sat.

Recently we have had 3 heats of 2wd buggy both Sat and Wed, in fact I think we had 4 heats on Sat. Full heats of all the main classes on Saturdays, we occasionally combine 2wd and 4wd truck on Wed, due to a lack of 4wd SCT usually.

All Mod All The Time, only limit is 2s battery.

Hot tires seem to be, the Suburb, Dirt Web, Electron, Ion family of tires in soft or super soft.

Buggy guys could chime in on fronts as I don't run buggy…..yet

EDIT:
Didn't I see a post about a Mid Atlantic Winter Points series? When are those races? That should be a decent turn out the weekend it is at The Track.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlingsDogs
EDIT:
Didn't I see a post about a Mid Atlantic Winter Points series? When are those races? That should be a decent turn out the weekend it is at The Track.
Mid Atlantic Winter Points Series Info/Flyer

First race in the series is at McCullough's this Saturday!
Old 10-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for posting Slingsdogs, I shall re-live it often.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:21 PM
FDJ
Tech Regular

What time does the track open on Wednesday. Looks like I might have to make the trip. Track looks great.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FDJ
What time does the track open on Wednesday. Looks like I might have to make the trip. Track looks great.
11 am
Old 10-24-2014, 02:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3-Dee
Ok who wants to run some mini's this Saturday? there are two guys that run every Wednesday night and if they show on Saturday I will definitely join them.
Jay, Ken, Art, Bill, Jeff, Kenny, Rice oh excuse me I mean Rhys, where yall at... It doesn't matter weather its a buggy, SCT, or mini truggy we can run them all together for now until we get enough to split the class. The track is perfect for them....

Mini truggy/ buggy/ sct (1/16 class)

1 Denmark
How well does a mini E-Revo work on the track?
Old 10-24-2014, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Default 1/16 class

Originally Posted by Tibbar110
How well does a mini E-Revo work on the track?
It will do fine, just thicken up the shock oil and change the tires to rear buggy tires. The track is super smooth with a couple jumps, it's perfect for the 1/16 class.

Denmark
Old 10-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 3-Dee
It will do fine, just thicken up the shock oil and change the tires to rear buggy tires. The track is super smooth with a couple jumps, it's perfect for the 1/16 class.

Denmark
also perfect for 2wd SCT….just sayin'

trying to get 3 heats of SCT
Old 10-25-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Getting back in.

Hi all, I used to frequent the Track back in the late 90's early 00's. At the time it was set up for onroad carpet. I ran a carpet knife 1/12, rs4 and xxx-s. I ran off road in Waldorf, with an xx4, xxx-t.

I would like to get a 22-4 and 22sct 2wd. From the looks these classes are a good size.

My main question is about motors and batts. what is considered a stock motor now? I haven't used brushless and would I want a sensored or non? What do people run here? Any good places to soak up more info on motor esc and battery pairing?
Thanks
Jeff
Old 10-26-2014, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dirty4wd
Hi all, I used to frequent the Track back in the late 90's early 00's. At the time it was set up for onroad carpet. I ran a carpet knife 1/12, rs4 and xxx-s. I ran off road in Waldorf, with an xx4, xxx-t.

I would like to get a 22-4 and 22sct 2wd. From the looks these classes are a good size.

My main question is about motors and batts. what is considered a stock motor now? I haven't used brushless and would I want a sensored or non? What do people run here? Any good places to soak up more info on motor esc and battery pairing?
Thanks
Jeff
At a very general, high level, you can think of low-turn motors as having more speed/power, and high-turn motors as less speed but good torque. So 4wd vehicles will tend to use motors like 5.5T or 6.5T (actually a lot of them use 4 pole motors that use a kV rating instead of number of turns). 2wd vehicles you generally run anywhere from 8.5T - 13.5T for "mod", and 13.5T or 17.5T for "spec" or "stock" racing. We run mod at The Track.

The easiest way to pair motors and esc is just to buy a motor/esc combo (you will save a few $ as well). Later on when you are addicted to the hobby again and you have multiple vehicles with electronics, or when you accidentally swap your positive/negative wires and fry your esc, that's when you might buy motors or esc's separately. You will probably want a sensored motor (especially for 2wd) because in general they have a smoother power delivery that is handled by the esc.

At The Track the rule is no batteries larger than 2S. You don't need to worry so much about pairing your batteries with your motor/esc. You are looking more for reliability, how long you want to run before running out of juice, and how quickly the power is discharged. I would say just go to the track and talk with Mimi and she will get you set up. Of course you can ask around at the track as well and most anyone will be glad to answer your questions and offer advice.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:28 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WonTonsChicken
Mid Atlantic Winter Points Series Info/Flyer

First race in the series is at McCullough's this Saturday!
We had 65 for opening round this weekend. Expected many more but it was 70 degrees out. Everything ran super smoothly from start to finish.

Next race is at The Track and then at Bumps. I know we will have 20 to 30 entries from Bumps coming down to The Track and I expect probably close to the same from The Track at Bumps. I really expect to see large turnouts of 100 to 150 would be great. Both The Track and Bumps can handle the large groups of racers and both places have lots of hotels close to the facilities so shouldn't be any issues.

Just for those who have not ran an even put on by Jeff, Brock and Brandy they have ran a very successful oval series for the last 7 to 8 years. They are capable of running a 1 day event and have done up to 230 plus entries so if any is worried about them don't be as this small scale is nothing for them.

Lets promote hard to make the last two races huge for the remaining tracks so everyone benefits. Price to race is barely over the standard race fees so please come out and support each track as working together is a way to all hobby shops alive. Every little bit helps. I will paste this same thing on the Bumps thread and the Mid Atlantic thread.

Thanks
Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.