Like Tree145Likes

New Micro Buggy - GT24B from Carisma

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biolippe
Hi all,

I bought a used GT24B with shock towers from matsucars and shocks from Losi. Quite cool car. I have one question for the diffs. Should I put some grease or oil into the diffs or diff housing? If yes, which grease/oil should I use? Thanks for your tips.
I never have on any of mine. The Losi shocks make a big improvement to it.
eR1c likes this.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biolippe
Hi all,

I bought a used GT24B with shock towers from matsucars and shocks from Losi. Quite cool car. I have one question for the diffs. Should I put some grease or oil into the diffs or diff housing? If yes, which grease/oil should I use? Thanks for your tips.
I just rebuilt a set of diffs. I used associated stealth diff lube its clear grease
Old 01-11-2019, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Have you guys seen these in stock anywhere? Been looking to purchase a bunch for some family/friends racing as well as an rcp track. Are these too quick for a standard rcp 96 track? Thinking I'll have to lengthen the straights and maybe even widen the lanes?
Old 01-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
Have you guys seen these in stock anywhere? Been looking to purchase a bunch for some family/friends racing as well as an rcp track. Are these too quick for a standard rcp 96 track? Thinking I'll have to lengthen the straights and maybe even widen the lanes?
There is a kit version that’s supposed to be available soon. Might be already, it’s only available from Carisma directly. Hopefully the RTR will be returning. There are a lot of people looking for them. Last thing I read was after the new year, production was supposed to start.

As for running them on RCP track. No chance on the mini96 track. And it was too fast for the standard sized RCP track. And it was too fast for the track. There’s really no need for RCP with them. They work on most surfaces just fine.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks, i have notifications set up on the carisma site. Also sent them an email but haven't heard back just yet.

I was hoping to get a little track set up in my garage (only 1 bay open). I guess I'll have to move it out to the driveway. Though one of the people that wants to get involved has a tennis court in his back yard. Maybe I can talk him into using that instead!

What cars are best for the mini z besides the mini z? Maybe the associated 1/28th scale? They just dont seem to be what I'm looking for though.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
Thanks, i have notifications set up on the carisma site. Also sent them an email but haven't heard back just yet.

I was hoping to get a little track set up in my garage (only 1 bay open). I guess I'll have to move it out to the driveway. Though one of the people that wants to get involved has a tennis court in his back yard. Maybe I can talk him into using that instead!

What cars are best for the mini z besides the mini z? Maybe the associated 1/28th scale? They just dont seem to be what I'm looking for though.
Ivan is usually very good about responding. Though Chinese New Year is different. From what I understand. A lot of companies shutdown for a period of time.

Tennis courts would work great. You could easy run a single car in a garage. I use mine at work. My small indoor area is about 10x20

I’ve got a MiniZ plus a Jomurema. It’s another brand competitor. Unfortunately is been hard to find. There are a couple others. Atomic and BZ. They are kits only. Read good things. But have not driven one.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You can most certainly race these in a one bay garage space,
i'll post some photos of my 1-bay garage setup..
Old 01-15-2019, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

okay, here are a few of my 1 space garage track,
also go through this thread there are more garage track photos in the previous pages,

Bmr4life likes this.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

here is another,
I used some cheap carpet from home depot. I use masking tape to switch up the course and created some jumps, etc...

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...a198f51250.jpg
Bmr4life likes this.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by eR1c
okay, here are a few of my 1 space garage track,
also go through this thread there are more garage track photos in the previous pages,

I do wonder how wide you’d need a track to be for them to really work? I’ve only run the 3 of mine together once.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks, I saw your track which is why I was thinking to make it in the garage. But when I saw the videos of Billy's cars running, they seemed way too fast to have 15 ft straights. Looks like they would be better suited for 20 ft or more.

Still looking and waiting (maybe hoping) that they offer the cars back in rtr form. They were cheaper that way (looking at $160+ for kit and finishing kit). Or I may just have to look at the cheapo associated cars until something better/new comes out.

edit: I'm thoroughly confused. So the kit from carisma comes with everything you need except body, tires, battery, and charger? Why are they referring you to the NRC site to purchase their kit as well?

Billy Kelly likes this.

Last edited by DennisNyholm; 01-16-2019 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

I only run on 1s, and it works well for me. Iam able to go all out on the straights, but then let off around the turns. Sure more space would be great, but this is all I have and am making it work. As for racing, I have had 3 going at once when my kids come in and race w me.
The design you see in those photos is a slower track, I have a few layouts that lend to a faster course as well.
overall this works good for practice and some casual inside fun. Iam thinking for the summer getting a larger carpet and rolling it out when I want over the grass in the backyard (I have a flat grass area w a 50'+ long straight and about 30' wide I can use. You wouldn't be able to walk on the track, but it might work.. need to roll out my garage track and see how it would do over a grass surface?
Bmr4life likes this.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Hmm, over grass. Probably have to cut the grass really short in order to get the carpet to lay as flat as possible, but I bet there will be LOTS of ups and down and a very wavy surface making it hard to drive.

I'm going to try the garage bay idea first but j will likely expand it out onto the driveway. That area is about 30 feet x 60 feet which should make for a nice sized track.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

If I place my order through carisma, I'm trying to determine what spares I should get. I'm going to place an initial order of 2 cars to test them out. I'm thinking I'll need:

2 sets of wheels/tires (how are the carisma pre mounted tires? Good enough for asphalt or concrete?)
pre painted carisma bodies
a couple of sets of front hubs
front arms
rear arms
shock towers?
not sure what else seems to break? You guys have had luck it seems without things breaking but we will have some younger kids learning car control with them so I am assuming many high speed bouts with immovable objects.

What size is the battery compartment? I see carisma sells batteries for the car on ebay but I may just pick up a bunch of turnigy batteries if I can find a good size that fits. Would love to get a lot of run time out of them.

Anything else recommended?
Thanks in advance!
Old 01-18-2019, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

My tuning parts for the GT24B arrived and now I am running on 2s with the 12kV motor. That's really a huge difference. I also had the problem with the slipping clutch and I put an extra washer next to the spring. But now I have one question: What is the sense of the clutch if it is not slipping anymore? For what this car has a clutch?
I mean the clutch should slip and now some people (inclusive me) modified the clutch, that it doesn't slip anymore. Then why this car has a clutch? Or should the clutch slip, but then I think, the plastic will soon be damaged.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.