Search
Like Tree145Likes

New Micro Buggy - GT24B from Carisma

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 12:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gnfam
Just an FYI that lots of Carisma cars are in stock now. Looks like they just re-launched their website. Just ordered a gt24b. Almost ordered 2, but figured I should start with just one. Of course my kids will probably really like it and then I'll be kicking myself that I only ordered one and they'll be out of stock again.
I forgot to post that I finally got a response from Carisma about the future for the GT24. It sounds like it’s coming back.
slick2500 and gnfam like this.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Only took a little over a week to get here. Not bad. Now I just have to find the time to start working on it.

Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

So I got the buggy put together this evening and hooked up a battery just to bind the TX/RX and make sure the electronics are ok. Motor is good and I can tell that this little thing is gonna fly, but I'm having issues with the servo. It just kind of buzzes almost all of the time. Even when I take it out, and take off the servo horn, it still buzzes like it wants to turn. I can tap it lightly and it will stop for a second, but the slightest little thing will make it start buzzing again. I've played around with the trim and dual rate. Any thoughts? I feel like I'm doing something wrong, or might I just have a bad servo?

UPDATE - So I see some say that this is normal for a digital servo. I have other digital servos in some of my other cars that don't sound this loud.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:02 PM
Tech Prophet

It’s been awhile, but I’m pretty sure that buzzing is normal. As long as the Servo is working. I’ll try to get one of mine going. Or check an old video.
gnfam likes this.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
It’s been awhile, but I’m pretty sure that buzzing is normal. As long as the Servo is working. I’ll try to get one of mine going. Or check an old video.
Thanks. No need to try to check. I think you're right in that it's just normal. Just a lot louder than I was expecting -especially for something so small. Now I'm just trying to center it which is turning out to be more complicated than it should be.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

Ready to go! I accidentally ordered the green kit instead of the blue (I wanted the rally tires), but should be okay to start out. Had to take the servo apart and manually adjust the gears to get it centered properly, but not a big deal.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 09-18-2020, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

Super impressed by the first run. A lot faster than I expected, and on 2s feels faster than most of the videos I had seen. Looks like it's gonna eat through tires since I can already see wear just after the first run. The front plastic steering links are developing a permanent crease after only 1 run.

I left the screws holding them in a little loose to allow for some movement, but I'm definitely going to want to find a replacement for those. The links in the pic below are listed on the carisma-shop website as a replacement, but when I search for that same part number (15407) elsewhere, the image that comes up shows the stock plastic links. Has anyone replaced these or know of a better option?

Old 09-18-2020, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

I use a cut up piece from a gift card. Cut to length and width and drill a small hole where needed. Much more flexible and stronger than the stock links, and free!
gnfam likes this.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:47 AM
Tech Prophet

I made links out of a zip tie.

The tread on the Buggy tires wear down quick. But even as slicks they still work. Think the first set I did 80 batteries before I replaced them.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i still get bored and rip my 24tr around the living room
i bought one for the gf to use as well.

so far the glued slipper has held up on 2s. i may look into a different servo. The micro servo i found at my lhs leaves much to be desired. Its actually a carisma part but out of the crawler i think
Old 09-24-2020, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Broke the wing on the second or third pack through the 24b, so I ordered another one and a clear body to paint. The body didn't come with masking for the windows but fortunately I still had the window stickers from the kit that I could use for masking. Originally wanted to print the mighty mouse decals to put on a Mini T 2.0, but the Carisma seems much more appropriate. But I probably should have bought 2 extra wings since they break so easily.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:27 PM
Tech Prophet

My wings are all taped up. I think I did replace one.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

So the steering links I ordered arrived today, and sure enough, they're the thicker ones I was hoping for. I had temporarily used cut up gift cards like Eric1977 suggested, but the plastic I used wasn't thick enough as even those started to develop permanent creases. Hopefully I'll get a chance to run the car today and tomorrow to see how these hold up. Didn't even realize I ordered 2 sets, but I guess it's always good to have extras.

Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Spoke with Carisma over email they said they will be releasing another round after Chinese New Year
Billy Kelly and gnfam like this.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default GT24b Throttle Calibration

I've just bought a couple of these buggy kits. Overall I'd say, for the price, I'm fairly impressed.

My only real gripe is throttle control, the car goes full throttle when the trigger is only pulled halfway. It's drivable but far from ideal.

I found a video describing how to set steering EPA ( google "carisma smart epa"). So I'm hoping there's also a secret throttle calibration procedure.

I've tried the typical button presses you'd use on larger models, nothing.

Does anyone know how to calibrate the throttle on these fun but currently flawed little cars?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.