Search
Like Tree145Likes

New Micro Buggy - GT24B from Carisma

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 10:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
If I place my order through carisma, I'm trying to determine what spares I should get. I'm going to place an initial order of 2 cars to test them out. I'm thinking I'll need:

2 sets of wheels/tires (how are the carisma pre mounted tires? Good enough for asphalt or concrete?)
pre painted carisma bodies
a couple of sets of front hubs
front arms
rear arms
shock towers?
not sure what else seems to break? You guys have had luck it seems without things breaking but we will have some younger kids learning car control with them so I am assuming many high speed bouts with immovable objects.

What size is the battery compartment? I see carisma sells batteries for the car on ebay but I may just pick up a bunch of turnigy batteries if I can find a good size that fits. Would love to get a lot of run time out of them.

Anything else recommended?
Thanks in advance!
Probably front arms, hubs, spare dogsbone axle, rear wing if jumping is in plans. Especially on pavement. I bought a lot of spare parts back when everything was only in Hong Kong. Now with eBay and them having a US warehouse. Parts should not be a problem. I could get easy 30 minutes plus on the stock 1s. Depending on how big the area I was running in. There’s is one other that does fit, though it’s a pain to get out. I’ve pretty much just kept it in one buggy I’ll get the brand after work.

Stock tire work on most surfaces. And while the tread will wear down, they still work. Think I went 80 batteries before I replaced the original set

Old 01-18-2019, 10:25 AM
Tech Rookie

What size is the battery compartment? I see carisma sells batteries for the car on ebay but I may just pick up a bunch of turnigy batteries if I can find a good size that fits. Would love to get a lot of run time out of them.
If you are looking for 2s: Zippy flightmax 350mah 2S 20C
Old 01-19-2019, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biolippe
If you are looking for 2s: Zippy flightmax 350mah 2S 20C
so it looks like the battery needed is 40x20x15 or is there space for slightly different sizes?

I'm going to stick 1s for a while since we want to keep everyone on a level playing field. As the newbies get better we may step up to 2s.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:25 AM
Tech Prophet

so it looks like the battery needed is 40x20x15 or is there space for slightly different sizes?

I'm going to stick 1s for a while since we want to keep everyone on a level playing field. As the newbies get better we may step up to 2s.
stock 1s is thin. I’d have to check the site for dimensions.

2s is a big jump with these. 1s is plenty. Make the track so straight line it’s the primary concern.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

stock 1s is thin. I’d have to check the site for dimensions.

2s is a big jump with these. 1s is plenty. Make the track so straight line it’s the primary concern.
thanks. I haven't been able to find info on the stock battery size on the carisma site or amain. They dont list it as far as I can tell.

I'd love to pick up a bunch of $5 batteries from hobbyking if possible.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:18 AM
Tech Prophet

thanks. I haven't been able to find info on the stock battery size on the carisma site or amain. They dont list it as far as I can tell.

I'd love to pick up a bunch of $5 batteries from hobbyking if possible.
They used to offer it with no battery. Made shipping easier. Let me find a way to measure a battery
Old 01-19-2019, 11:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Micrometer I’ll measure again
Old 01-24-2019, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Micrometer I’ll measure again
thank you! I didnt get a notification so didnt realize your replied. Always appreciated!
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biolippe
My tuning parts for the GT24B arrived and now I am running on 2s with the 12kV motor. That's really a huge difference. I also had the problem with the slipping clutch and I put an extra washer next to the spring. But now I have one question: What is the sense of the clutch if it is not slipping anymore? For what this car has a clutch?
I mean the clutch should slip and now some people (inclusive me) modified the clutch, that it doesn't slip anymore. Then why this car has a clutch? Or should the clutch slip, but then I think, the plastic will soon be damaged.
the slipper is there for people without throttle control.
If you dont mash the throttle from every start, have proper mesh and dont have your finger on the throttle when landing you have no need for a slipper.

eR1c likes this.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Got my first kit yesterday and almost done building it. Definitely some issues building it due to size Also the slipper is quite difficult to build as you have to compress the spring and slide a c clip onto it. You need 3 very small hands! Both of my diffs and one screw hole that wasnt threaded, so only 2 screws are keeping it shut.
But it sure is amazing how this is really just a scaled down 10th scale.

cant wait until my battery/body/wheels arrive from a main. Ordered them late expecting shipping from China to take longer than it did. Ordered on Jan 17th and received it Jan 29th.
eR1c and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:19 AM
Tech Rookie

After adding a washer next to the clutch I still had this noise when the cars throttle. So I added one more thinner washer and also replaced the clutch und the spue gear. No idea if the old was not good anymore. Now the noise is gone. But I can't say now if the additional washer or the new clutch or even both solved the Problem.
ray4624 likes this.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

So, finished building my first one and after receiving 4 dead packs from amain, ordered 1 from Amazon that came and is fine. Charged it up, car runs slow for a few seconds and if you stop, wont start back up unless it is popped in reverse first. Then it goes again, even if you slow down for a turn, the throttle wont work again. This even happens if you motor is allowed to run freely and not through the driveline.

switched out the esc to another from the second kit I bought and same thing.

not sure what to do. Swap the motor? Radio? If I could figure out where to host a video I could show you a sample of what is happening.

any ideas?

let me know if this works:
Old 02-09-2019, 03:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Have not seen that before. There is a bit of a delay on 1s coming out of reverse. But not that I’ve seen like that. Is that the new controller? There’s a throttle limit switch on them. Any chance that’s in the wrong position
Old 02-09-2019, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, the switch is in the fastest spot. Car wont even start up if it is in the slowest spot. I can sometimes get it going in the middle spot if I push start it! The thing is, the top speed is very very slow. I've seen your GPS video of 10 mph, but I would think I'm going about half that. You could probably outrun the car at full throttle.

I guess I have to email carisma. Just worried there will be some change they made and this is just how it is and I'll have to run 2S to make the car work.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Yeah, the switch is in the fastest spot. Car wont even start up if it is in the slowest spot. I can sometimes get it going in the middle spot if I push start it! The thing is, the top speed is very very slow. I've seen your GPS video of 10 mph, but I would think I'm going about half that. You could probably outrun the car at full throttle.

I guess I have to email carisma. Just worried there will be some change they made and this is just how it is and I'll have to run 2S to make the car work.
with the Chinese New Year it will take few days to get a response. Something is definitely not right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.