Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree102Likes

Atomic RC AMZ MiniZ Brushless 4wd Competitor

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I broke the stock digital servo. So I replaced it with this one from Hobbyking- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5kg_0_06s.html

It's a little bit bigger than the stock servo. You have to cut off the mounting arms on the servo and then it fits perfectly into the car. However, you have to use double sided tape and can't use the stock servo mount with this servo.

As far as performance, it seems just as fast and centers better than the stock servo! I've had it for a couple months and it's holding up very well. It's still slop free like new and centers well. Best of all, it's $5!
Old 01-12-2016, 02:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi
How is the car holding up?..........are anymore upgrades needed do you think?
Old 01-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

The stock servo isn't a digital version is it?
Old 01-12-2016, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The stock servo is not digital. Atomic offers a digital and a digital metal gear replacement but, they have the same micro plug that would need to be changed to a standard servo plug.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

No need to. I have this receiver http://www.banggood.com/2_4GHz-KO-PR...tter-p-1009388
Old 01-12-2016, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Actually the stock servo in the "export" or "international" version is indeed a digital servo. This is the version of the kit that I have and it also comes with the aluminum esc instead of the all-in-one esc receiver unit.

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...1&cat=0&page=4

The car is holding up very well.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mine wasn't, didn't know there was multiple versions. So, it depends on what version you have. I didn't get the fancy esc either. lol

MrU, your link doesn't work but, if your rx uses that little plug you're golden with the Atomic servos.

The car is doing great for us. We have 60-70 hours of run time with no complaints. Next race day we add an AMR into the mix of AMZ cars.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

I bought a RTR so the servo is not a digital I suppose. I bought myself the alu esc and receiver to uae with my EX1.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

There are three versions of the AMZ 4wd. You can get the RTR which comes with the regular servo, plastic esc/receiver, and transmitter. The kit which comes with the regular servo, plastic esc/receiver, and no transmitter. Or the export version kit (the one I have) which comes with the digital plastic gear servo, metal esc only (no receiver function), and no transmitter.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks............yes I have the export version also,with metal esc.......will be building it this week.....just need to buy the metal motor mount etc
Old 01-27-2016, 11:11 PM
Tech Initiate

does anyone know if other esc program cards work with the alum esc or does it have to be the atomic model that they sell?
Old 01-28-2016, 10:17 AM
Tech Rookie

just letting you all know we are running the amz at the track here in Rhode Island link to site http://www.b-rsuperspeedway.mynetworksolutions.com/ take a look still run the mini-z and the mini-z f1
Old 01-28-2016, 11:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bwxd
does anyone know if other esc program cards work with the alum esc or does it have to be the atomic model that they sell?
The Atomic program card is just an ordinary Hobbywing LED (not LCD) program box with a different sticker on the front, so the setting items don't quite match up. I got one bundled with either an old EZRun or XERun 1:10 set and it works fine to program once you know what each setting is.

A user has posted a picture of the AMZ settings here:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showth...t=39350&page=8
Need to register to see the attachment. Using the picture as a reference, you can program with the standard Hobbywing LED program box.

I know you asked specifically about the aluminum ESC. This is just my experience on the RTR version ESC, but I expect it should be the same.

edit: I should also add, the behaviour is all the same as a 1:10 EZRun ESC, so you can set throttle endpoints, and fully program the ESC using the onboard button with the beeps and blinks, again using the picture of the program card as a reference.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default AMZ

I have a fully built nevr ran AMZ awd. I have all titanium screws, aluminum motor mount, aluminum shock towers, floating servo mount with digital airtronics servo with 2 new lexan bodies 1 painted one NIB with spares. Just add RX and speedo. PM if interested and I can send pics.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

gctkaz..........do you know the settings on the alloy atomic esc..?..ie 1= forward brake 2= lipo cutoff 3= drag brake etc.....as I have the LED hobbywing programme card..it works but it has more settings than the esc,and they seem to be out of order as the settings on the esc...

Thanks simon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.