Search
Like Tree102Likes

Atomic RC AMZ MiniZ Brushless 4wd Competitor

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for all that info gctkaz,
I am using my own electronics, so hopefully i'll have better steering w/ the servo i've put in, Futaba receiver and 4PX controller i am using. I've noticed a few things during the build, but have been able to fix/adjust as I go. Your the second person that has mentioned the body fitment issues, ...fortunately I've decided to go w/ a lexan body and avoid the AutoScale bodies all together.
We shall see how a home built works vs the factory built. ...hopefully mine doesn't end up on the shelf too.
I know the frustration though, -its how I felt w/ the Team Associated 18r. I really wanted to love that car, I worked on it off and on for a few years. Finally after struggling with it I decided to get rid of it ...I hated even looking at it! Funny, thing I kind of miss it.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Okay, I went back and shaved that piece off the lower motor mount (see attched)
Old 10-20-2018, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

With that little dot/post removed from the lower mount I can now adjust the gear mesh.
The motor doesn't like to stay put as you tighten down the top motor mount piece. I notice that the tighter I make it the more the motor wants to slide back to a place where the gear mesh is way too tight. I remedied this by placed a tiny piece of double sided tape both above and below the aluminum motor plate, -this seems to give it enough grip so the motor doesn't slip w/in the adjustable mount.

I can see that going to the aluminum motor mount assembly may be in my future if this plastic one doesn't hold up.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Okay,
the build is pretty much done, just waiting for the wheels to arrive.
I have all the electronics connected and working great, -love the Futaba receiver and that I can use my 4PX controller w/ all of the available settings.

My thoughts on the build,
overall this went together really well, only ran into 1 problem area, that was the motor adjustment pieces which I was able to remedy. Some things took extra care and thought (like the steering assembly, -I had to file down a few pieces to get them to the exact size that was specified and to work smoothly). Same for the A-arms, had to file those a bit to get them to move up and down w/o any resistance. I think, but may be wrong that building this kit is a better way to go than purchasing as RTR. I say that only because if you dont' take care putting this together and smooth some of the parts or adjust for the perfect tolerance I could see problems w/ this car. I also think this is not a kit to put together if you haven't built other cars, you really have to put your knowledge of RC building into practice w/ this one.

Okay, going to work on the body today.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

..a quick photo,
Kremzeek likes this.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here’s the Losi teaser picture. There something hidden from in the dust below the “S” in the word “Something”. Looks like lights. Anybody wanna take guess. Sounds like Thursday will be announced
Old 10-23-2018, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

...oh the suspense is killing me!

well the photo shows this on dirt, so that rules out all "on-road" vehicles.
Seems like Losi has every type of buggy available, so my hope would be something in a small scale.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
...oh the suspense is killing me!

well the photo shows this on dirt, so that rules out all "on-road" vehicles.
Seems like Losi has every type of buggy available, so my hope would be something in a small scale.
Just posted about this in different thread. After the poor sales of the 6IX, don’t see Losi trying an road car anytime soon. Horizon wil keep that as part of the Vaterra lineup.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

there are a few more photos (all obscured) online, -I am guessing its a full size crawler. That seems to be what every company is doing these days. Its the most popular thing in RC.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

...still waiting for my wheels to arrive, that is the only thing keeping me from trying this car out.
I did make some adjustments to the chassis, the chassis had some serious tweak, like really really bad. I am guessing that I have the more flexible chassis hence why it was so out of whack. I think this would seriously effect its performance. I did put this on my tweak board and got the chassis 100% flat. I'll probably work on a starting ride height and droop while I wait for the wheels.
I also got the body painted (will post a photo tomorrow).

I ordered the wheels through "Miracle-Mart" (i have not had great experience w/ this co' in the past, yet figured Id give them another try). I placed the wheel order on October 3rd, ...tracking says it JUST arrived in the US and is at customs. Dang, 1 month +
Old 10-24-2018, 12:50 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mini-z AWD wheels fit, plenty of decent options in the states. Whenever I order from miracle mart, I make sure it's a larger order and get the expedited shipping, so get it in under a week. Otherwise, I look for alternative sources. The shop at Mini-zRacer carries a bunch of AMZ parts as well.
eR1c likes this.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks EMU,
Yeah, I am slowly finding the places to order from in the US, ...Mini-ZRacer (will go check them out as well).
yeah, lesson learned!
Old 10-25-2018, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

..just waiting for the wheels to arrive,
meanwhile here are a few photos. Painting this body was a challenge as it is so tiny, ...was going to try to include a silver borderline like I have on my 1/10th body ...but just too difficult to get that thin of a line (i tried using mask-et, ...but couldn't get a straight line).
Old 10-25-2018, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

let's try that again, (the photos wouldn't upload in the previous post).
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

EMU and Billy Kelly like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.