Wiki Posts
Search

PTX Transponder

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC@TSCM
I was mounting mine and had the car on when I was doing it Now it has a constant flicker and by the directions it is in clone mode. I followed them about 20 times and can not get it out of that mode. I did get it to not have the light on at all, but when you turn off the speedo switch or unplug the PTX it goes right to the flicker again. Any help would be great, do not want to take it out.

Terry I still need the invoice.
John,

I am still awaiting a reply to my last e-mail to you.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Arrow

Originally Posted by malik
Terry I have been trying to order a transponder for a while now. I emailed you guys and seem to have got an automated response or something my email is [email protected] any help will be greatly appreciated. I want the custom model with the part number ending in 1.

I just ordered one on line yesterday,
Old 03-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Just Fast
I just ordered one on line yesterday,
Terry said mine would ship this week! he gets 5 Grins!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Just Fast (Fred?) your order should be delivered soon it was shipped out end of last week.

Anyone waiting for a reply re PTX orders and enquiries, apologies for the delay, our internet has been off so we're behind with replying to emails. We now have a FAQ page with information on the rclaps website which should help with answers.

I would like to reply personally to everyone and keep up our fast service, but the reality is we have been overwhelmed with orders and enquiries. We really do appreciate having so many enquiries and our transponders being popular. Hopefully the FAQ will help with most things we get asked without the need for sending emails with lots of questions.

The turn around time for orders is currently around a week plus the shipping time after processing, packing and despatch. Apologies to anyone waiting for their order, we're getting orders shipped out to everyone as fast as possible. When ordering custom made transponders or clones extra time should be allowed, it's often 10 to 14 days to turn these orders around, the transponders are custom made to order and not kept in stock ready for immediate despatch.

As you may have found I'm not on rctech regularly these days, any help (other than reading the PTX FAQ Page) send an email to me at [email protected]

Terry S
Old 06-06-2009, 04:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi, where does the Custom ID comes from? Is it random or is it from broken / damaged AMB PTs?

Also, can you clone the Cutom ID of the first Custom PTX I purchased?

Last edited by billythekid; 06-06-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up NV State RC

Terry S,
when will you guys have new PT stock in...Thanks....Fred*

(___>
Old 06-26-2009, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi billythekid, details about the numbers are on the PTX FAQ page at rclaps.com basically the system has a range of valid ID's, some exist others have yet to be allocated, we don't know which are in use or not. A custom number may already exist somewhere so we include 20 standard numbers with the PTX as alternatives. Cloned transponders have the same number in each clone, custom numbers are just numbers allocated the same as with new AMB PT's, it's a valid AMBrc system number.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Fred I'm still around, it's just I'm not on rctech due to a lack of time. I don't know where all the time goes these days.. anyway here's the latest update on the PTX and stock availability. I assume you received your order ok and you're just asking about the current new stock situation.

Basically everything is still as in my post #139 above.

The last few months have been crazy with orders and emails, we have been doing our best to keep up. We had a month when a supplier messed up and put us behind, it's taken a few weeks to clear the back orders and we've had to limit the orders coming in. There are a few orders to clear and then we should be back up to date ready for the 'New PTX July Offer'.

Details of the 'New PTX July Offer' will be announced next month, I can say it is worth waiting for! As I have mentioned previously we receive a large number of emails (please note I don't reply to PM's these days, sorry) which I try to reply to in a reasonable time, please be patient most times I can't write back within hours, a week is often the timescale. I don't have a smartphone with email, it seems everyone these days wants an instant response!

Dealing with orders and payments takes priority, general enquiries are directed to the PTX FAQ page.
Details of the 'New PTX July Offer' will be appearing on the rclaps PTX ordering/stock splash page.

Terry_S
Old 06-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Thanks for the tip off on the July offer. I will wait.

These seem to be an answer when you need a lot of transponders and need to keep the cost down.

I hear lots of positive feedback.

Everybody thinks that they live in a micro wave world and things happen at the speed of light. Keep up the good work and people will be happy.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Tech Master

Is it July yet?

Guess I need to check the web site.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

PTX issues....

Buggy
novak gtb
DSM2 DX3r
ptx shrink PT
lipo 4000mah

I been running this setup since last year, and voltage and run time are not issues i barely use half a pack, but in the last 3 races i have been missing lap counts and on my last race our AMB could not see my PT in the staging before the mains... I saw that it was blinking blue instead of solid blue and had to unplug and plug it back in to go solid blue again...

Any ideas? ITs been flawless up to now..
Old 08-08-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Alright, im in the market for a Pt. i have question for MTX

If i were to buy two of you transponders(no cloning) by default, would they be the same number since they are generic?

or are the 20 numbers that come with the unit randomized?
Old 08-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How do you order these? It keeps telling me they are out of stock!
Old 08-09-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushlessboy16
Alright, im in the market for a Pt. i have question for MTX

If i were to buy two of you transponders(no cloning) by default, would they be the same number since they are generic?

or are the 20 numbers that come with the unit randomized?
Blb,

The first 20 numbers are the same in all of them (cloned or not). The 21st number is either "your" clone, or a random PT number that MRT has. I don't know how many he makes up at a time but I don't know anyone that has received the same "21st" number. Its just like buying a PT, you get what you get.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
Blb,

The first 20 numbers are the same in all of them (cloned or not). The 21st number is either "your" clone, or a random PT number that MRT has. I don't know how many he makes up at a time but I don't know anyone that has received the same "21st" number. Its just like buying a PT, you get what you get.
ALright so is I were to get the two the 21st number on each one would be different- correct?

alrigh so if i were to set both transponders to the same Number (1-20) they would have the same number, but #21 on them would be different...

Im sorry im just trying go paint the mental picture

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.