R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Micro and Mini Scales (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales-115/)
-   -   PTX Transponder (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/186187-ptx-transponder.html)

Terry_S 10-15-2007 02:12 PM

PTX Transponder

The new PTX personal transponder for AMBrc/rc3 systems is available, at half the size of a regular AMB PT it's much easier to fit into micro/mini scale cars. The minimum operating voltage is also lower than a PT, down to 2.8V instead of 4V with a PT.

Information at: www.rclaps.com PM me for further details if required!

Mini_Me 10-16-2007 01:47 AM

Its a great deal, too bad you don't have a distributor on this side of the pond to cut down on the shipping costs?

Terry_S 11-02-2007 02:47 PM

Hi Mini_Me, watch out for our November offer and our new transponder releases.. could suit Micro and Mini scale racers.

http://team-mrt.com/rclaps/ptx/ptx_hs.jpg

The PTX tab version and new PTX 'HS' (heatshrink) compared to the AMBrc PT.

air8 11-29-2007 11:00 PM

Whoa!@! That's tiny.

Terry_S 12-17-2007 02:51 AM

New PTX versions including the micro-size 'shrink' PTX are now available with a discount price offer and free shipping!

Details and online ordering at www.rclaps.com

maximebeauvais 12-17-2007 04:40 AM

who have tried those?

Mini_Me 12-17-2007 08:10 AM

I just guinea pigged...

rschoi_75 12-17-2007 11:00 AM

I'm in. I was in the market for a new one anyways. terry, I sent my order in today. can't wait to try them out.

Terry_S 12-17-2007 03:49 PM

Hi Mini_Me and rschoi_75, thanks for your orders! :)

Bob-Stormer 12-17-2007 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Terry_S (Post 3825949)
Hi Mini_Me, watch out for our November offer and our new transponder releases.. could suit Micro and Mini scale racers.

http://team-mrt.com/rclaps/ptx/ptx_hs.jpg

The PTX tab version and new PTX 'HS' (heatshrink) compared to the AMBrc PT.

The literature stated amp draw at 6 volts. How do they perform on 4-cell 1/12th cars with much less?

If I wanted a few waterproof ones, and a few of the shrink ones, would that be a problem?

Is the transponder number written on the unit anywhere? I always have to look at mine and read off the number when entering an event.

Sorry if that's been addressed and I missed it. :)

-Bob

Micro_Racer 12-18-2007 05:24 AM

I ordered one -- will see if it works at the local track!

Terry_S 12-18-2007 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer (Post 3983388)
The literature stated amp draw at 6 volts. How do they perform on 4-cell 1/12th cars with much less?

If I wanted a few waterproof ones, and a few of the shrink ones, would that be a problem?

Is the transponder number written on the unit anywhere? I always have to look at mine and read off the number when entering an event.

Sorry if that's been addressed and I missed it. :)

-Bob

Hi Bob, the current draw is lower than AMB PT's and the voltage range is from 2.8V to 30V so they perform well with 4-cell 1/12th cars etc. They perform well and have a strong constant output signal, it doesn't drop or weaken if the input voltage changes.

If you want shrink ones and waterproof ones it's not a problem, you can do it at rclaps.com You can also choose a case with tabs or with no tabs plus select from the custom options.

If you use the order form and send your transponder to be cloned you can have the same number in all your cars so you only have to remember one number.

With PTX transponders the LED shows when you switch between the stored numbers (the new versions have 20 generic ID's + a custom/cloned ID) so you know which number is set.
If you stay on the same number or have the same number set for all your cars (using cloned ID's) you could then have it written on your transponder.

air8 12-20-2007 02:10 AM

I'm interested. But how long is the turn-around-time? I'm not sure where you're located. Say I was sending mine from Kansas, USA. Could I expect 2-weeks, 3-weeks, 1-month????

Thanx

Bermbuster 12-20-2007 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Terry_S (Post 3984136)

With PTX transponders the LED shows when you switch between the stored numbers (the new versions have 20 generic ID's + a custom/cloned ID) so you know which number is set.
If you stay on the same number or have the same number set for all your cars (using cloned ID's) you could then have it written on your transponder.

Im trying to understand this.....
when you buy a stock ptx it comes w20 possible numbers.....
so i can change the id if someone else shows up using the same number?

next if 21 or more people show up w stock ptx transponders we can have
racers sharing ids so it may make a nightmare for the race director???

IM interested in cloning but im afraid of customs or the shipper losing my transponders.....how can we do this painlessly???
thanks for any and all info
berm

Ed Anderson 12-20-2007 07:24 AM

Yes, you can easily change the number (just press a button)

Not sure there are many races out there with 20 racers in them, don't know of many with more then 10... so that shouldn't be a problem.

I will be asking if they have a PTX at sign-up. When that conflict arises, easiest thing to do will be set your number to your position (like picking up a house TP), as there are two sets of numbers 1-0 in the PTX.