Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New from Losi Mini-Slider Sprint Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Looking for some help here. We have a slider class at my local trade and the stock motors keep failing. Where trying to keep the class cheap to people can get into it for cheap. Any ideas on what motor to run ? The only thing we really can change is batteries, we can run any 6 cells we want. Maybe we just got some bad motors, not sure. The track is a banked dirt oval with about a 45ft straight.

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tht1guyinwi
Looking for some help here. We have a slider class at my local trade and the stock motors keep failing. Where trying to keep the class cheap to people can get into it for cheap. Any ideas on what motor to run ? The only thing we really can change is batteries, we can run any 6 cells we want. Maybe we just got some bad motors, not sure. The track is a banked dirt oval with about a 45ft straight.

Thanks for the help.
Try the Venom Fireball motor, they are around $10-$15.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

I'll try that motor.

Anyone try putting in stiffer foam in the right rear tire??? or any other tweaks out there yet ??

Thanks
Old 09-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tht1guyinwi
I'll try that motor.

Anyone try putting in stiffer foam in the right rear tire??? or any other tweaks out there yet ??

Thanks
Just bought mine yesterday. Need to start some testing. I've read that a lot of the mini-t parts will fit. I also have to wait a bit until our local tracks decide what rules they are going to run with regard to what can be modified on it.

MaShaun
Old 09-06-2007, 04:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've got the slider and have had the same problems. I'm pretty sure it's the same motor that comes with the mini baja too, which had the same problems. Alot of others that run the motor had issues too. It seems the shunts are to short on the brushes causing them to hang up and making the motor act weak or not work at all. So check out that too next time you have a problemo. If it stops dead pick it up and tap on the endbell by the brushes, if the motor starts working again, they are hanging up. Since the replacement brushes are about $3 and don't last long you are prolly better off with the stronger and higher rpm venom motor like t9dragon mentioned(I believe they cost the same as the stock motor anyhow $14). The stock motor didn't have enough wheel standing punch outta the corners that I wanted anyhow. I went to a mamba 25 brushless and tried both a 5.4kv and 8kv motor with a reg. 6 cell stick pack. On the carpet oval by us it pulls the wheels up outta the turns like a true outlaw and has more than enough topend with a 11 pinion 60 spur. I'm also set-up with 40wt oil yellow springs in frnt and 60wt orange springs in the rear shocks with those 3/16 spacers on outside only. Turns and handles like a dream so-far, worth every penny, best RTR kit I've gotten to date.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info !!
Old 09-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

whats up joe
Old 09-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

SOUP in da house !!!!! lol, dont be taking any of these tips back to the track, there mine !! lol
Old 09-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

the track is too small but we cant wait to run it on a bigger track.....
Attached Thumbnails New from Losi Mini-Slider Sprint Car-dscn0368.jpg   New from Losi Mini-Slider Sprint Car-dscn0369.jpg  
Old 09-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by steelhawke
I've got the slider and have had the same problems. I'm pretty sure it's the same motor that comes with the mini baja too, which had the same problems. Alot of others that run the motor had issues too. It seems the shunts are to short on the brushes causing them to hang up and making the motor act weak or not work at all. So check out that too next time you have a problemo. If it stops dead pick it up and tap on the endbell by the brushes, if the motor starts working again, they are hanging up. Since the replacement brushes are about $3 and don't last long you are prolly better off with the stronger and higher rpm venom motor like t9dragon mentioned(I believe they cost the same as the stock motor anyhow $14). The stock motor didn't have enough wheel standing punch outta the corners that I wanted anyhow. I went to a mamba 25 brushless and tried both a 5.4kv and 8kv motor with a reg. 6 cell stick pack. On the carpet oval by us it pulls the wheels up outta the turns like a true outlaw and has more than enough topend with a 11 pinion 60 spur. I'm also set-up with 40wt oil yellow springs in frnt and 60wt orange springs in the rear shocks with those 3/16 spacers on outside only. Turns and handles like a dream so-far, worth every penny, best RTR kit I've gotten to date.

I just got the spring sets and there is no yellow ? Losi told me to order the mini-t spring sets. Where did you get yellow ones, or are they soft, med, hard?

Thanks
Old 09-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default Mini Slider motors

Thanks for the posting about the motors. Three of us have been at the track practicing. There are at least four more to show yet. One motor had a spring mounted wrong and the two others including mine had the issues you described. I checked and found the shunt wire on my brush on the negative terminal was 1/2 the length of the one on the positive. I soldered them to the brush hood and now the motor seems OK.

I also noticed that the brushes are very loose in the hoods. Have any of you done anything with that problem?
Old 09-22-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I started a project for some speed with my Slider. I clocked it at 43mph with Mini-LST rear tires

Old 09-23-2007, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Has anyone tried to bind the receiver that comes with the Mini SLider to a Spketrum transmitter or to say an M* w/ a SPketrum moduel? Does it work?
Old 09-23-2007, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tyreguy
Has anyone tried to bind the receiver that comes with the Mini SLider to a Spketrum transmitter or to say an M* w/ a SPketrum moduel? Does it work?
I bound the mini slider to a Hi Tec CRX with a spektrum pro module.....
it works awesome....I sent the slider up and down my street over 250ft w no issues at all.....
Old 09-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

The Mini Sprint Class has been a fast growing class at our racetrack "Gulf Coast Raceway". They are using Mamba brushless systems and losi Mini-T Step pin tires with the wing set in that far back and up position. We have a good size dirt oval at our track they can run on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.