Like Tree7772Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 08:08 PM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TPDazzle
We run the rough side of our 50 cm rcp. We have found for our mix of Mr03s and Pn 2.5 chassis 2wd, kyosho 20 degree rear radials and 30 degree slicks on the front works. However, the PN tires work better for us. We use soft radials on the back (super soft once in awhile) and medium fronts. I have not noticed much difference between KS and KSM compounds. Maybe someone with more experience or that runs on bigger tracks would notice different handling characteristics. We run HFAY setups on 2 wide Ls.
I just switched to the smooth side on my Mini 96 track but on the rough side my go to was the KS Soft Rears and Medium fronts as well. I tried the Kyosho low heights and I found the KS’s were significantly faster even right out of the bag.

i did not really find much difference between the various KS offerings either.

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the information, so far I have only used Kyosho tires, I will try those of PN racing.

I found some engines on AliExpress at a great price and I bought two to try them, a 3500kv and a 5500kv. They appear to be of the Surpass brand.
Now, by chance, looking for those PN tires in a store that is the official distributor of PN Racing in Spain, seeing the engines I just discovered that those AliExpress engines are the same as the so-called "Brushless V2 Pn Racing" in this Spanish store.
The current PN model would be v3, which slightly changes the exterior design.
Does anyone know the differences between the v2 and v3 models?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33027684055.html
MiniZ Motores | Radio control | TRP Online
AlvBo likes this.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zarete
Does anyone know the differences between the v2 and v3 models?
v3 can be upgraded to be sensored. Also has a different (shorter?) armature than the v2.

I'm curious to hear what you think about those Surpass motors. I've been running a 7500kv in my open car and have been pretty happy with it. Recently picked up 5500kv as well but haven't tried it yet.
Zarete and AlvBo like this.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

I have a question if anyone that works in a hobbyshop or is very close with 1 that they can easily try somthing out. I was reading that the kt432p can be synced with the kr331 and kr431t recivers. Those recivers alsonsync up with the kt-331p rtr remote and is also a 50 dollar remote. Just asking if someone can try and bind it to a ready set car being that it binds up with those recivers same as the higher end radio

Never mind found my answer on google.
AlvBo likes this.

Last edited by Scionara05; 10-04-2019 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info guys, do see a lot running 20* rear and 30* front.

I have a selection of the Kyosho radials and slick in 20/30.

As for case wise I’ll be using my 7px with these so ideally just need a case to store 2-3 cars (not bodies) and the wheels/tires etc.

I like the look of the Kyosho carry bag (small) but going by a few pictures of it being sold flat pack does concern me on the actual quality.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
v3 can be upgraded to be sensored. Also has a different (shorter?) armature than the v2.

I'm curious to hear what you think about those Surpass motors. I've been running a 7500kv in my open car and have been pretty happy with it. Recently picked up 5500kv as well but haven't tried it yet.
I also have a 7500kv unopened Surpass. I bought this engine to transform a WLToys W989 to brushless, but finally I put it aside and switched to mini-z 4 months ago.

I bought second-hand 2.5 Wide L RCP tracks and a miniz evo upgraded to PN but with a GL 6800KV engine (I couldn't choose). On the other hand I bought a Mini-z VE-PRO with the red 8500kv engine (I could not choose either).

This is why I have been suffering from using those engines with excess power on my track. I'm looking forward to putting 5500kv for myself and 3500k for inexperienced guests. I have also bought a 5600kv of Kyosho for the VEPRO updated to mm2.

Thanks to the power limitations of the EX2 and the 5-ur I have managed to manage them during this time, but it has been very difficult for the guests, very difficult for them to get hooked. The minimum acceleration and speed was too much for them.

Now I am thinking of adapting the WLToys W989 so that it can be used on the CPR track by some child, I already have the compatible AWD kyosho wheel and I would like to put a brush motor of lower power, but I have no idea what to look for. It's Lipo 2s and runs too much. I have also looked at the theme of the pinion crown ratio and it is difficult to modify, the simplest would be to put a motor with less power. I have to study it.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kremzeek

I'm very happy with the Rocket 3500KV. It's smooth and provides good torque for drifting and much better than previous 1410 series.
However it's a bit picky with the ESC. The XC-10A I used to use with the 1410 doesn't work well with Rocket and it cogs very badly. So I ended up using Mini-Q ESC (made by ZTW) instead.

I forgot to mention I'm running low budget setups here. It probably works best with Hobbywing made ESC like Atomic and GL but all my good ESCs are occupied right now.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

same here, even at 3500lv nimh, the vehicle is handful to drive but I start to get the feel of it. Seems like right amount of braking makes brushless car goes through the corner..... on a stock brushed motor, all you need to do is let out the Throtle and turn the steering wheel.

I hope using plus 4 to clean the tires will not have negative impact. Seems like after wipe my tires with it, the rear fraction comes back and cars doesn't spin out very easily.
AlvBo likes this.

Last edited by zxcvb1t; 10-04-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default Banzai hobby shipping

Just a heads up we have been having trouble with the cheap untracked shipping from Banzai. The last 2 packages ordered have not been delivered. 1 was ordered mid August and the second was mid September. Neither have arrived. I have ordered several times this year and used the same shipping method without a problem until now.
This concludes my public service announcement.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EvilR2.0
Thanks for the info guys, do see a lot running 20* rear and 30* front.

I have a selection of the Kyosho radials and slick in 20/30.

As for case wise I’ll be using my 7px with these so ideally just need a case to store 2-3 cars (not bodies) and the wheels/tires etc.

I like the look of the Kyosho carry bag (small) but going by a few pictures of it being sold flat pack does concern me on the actual quality.

I've been using this Plano box, and I really like it.

Amazon Amazon

and then get a couple of these: https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Plano_ProLatch_Utility_Box_3707_Open_Compartment/descpage-P370710.html?from=Google&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuq7L2Ye D5QIVtx-tBh0YugMJEAQYAiABEgJq1fD_BwE

Almost any controller will fit in the top compartment, and cars can either go in the open 3707 trays, or you can remove two of the trays that come with it and fit 3 PN car boxes along the bottom.

AlvBo likes this.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:16 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MTseo
Just a heads up we have been having trouble with the cheap untracked shipping from Banzai. The last 2 packages ordered have not been delivered. 1 was ordered mid August and the second was mid September. Neither have arrived. I have ordered several times this year and used the same shipping method without a problem until now.
I order a lot from Banzai and I usually get my stuff in 7-10 days but earlier in the summer I did have a package take 59 days to get to me. I experience this at work to with some shipments, Customs grabs them to inspect and they take forever to "clear".

Some customs agents are not terribly "honest", back in the early 2000's a client of mine had ordered a brand new Swan 601 sailboat which at the time was the sexiest, fastest product 60 footer being built. The boat was shipped on top of a cargo ship and landed at Port Newark. Customs in Newark said they needed to "inspect" the boat and kept in in their possession for almost two weeks......Multiple times I found the agents eating lunch on her and as far as I can tell they never really "inspected" her but they sure did leave a mess. including using the toilets when there was no way to flush them and putting their garbage in cabinets.........I was ticked.

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Did you get a tracking number? I had a few package that disappeared after going into custom in Chicago. One time USPS delivered the packing slip but no box or item. Seems like insurance is a must have now.

Originally Posted by MTseo
AlvBo likes this.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LJH
I order a lot from Banzai and I usually get my stuff in 7-10 days but earlier in the summer I did have a package take 59 days to get to me. I experience this at work to with some shipments, Customs grabs them to inspect and they take forever to "clear".

Some customs agents are not terribly "honest", back in the early 2000's a client of mine had ordered a brand new Swan 601 sailboat which at the time was the sexiest, fastest product 60 footer being built. The boat was shipped on top of a cargo ship and landed at Port Newark. Customs in Newark said they needed to "inspect" the boat and kept in in their possession for almost two weeks......Multiple times I found the agents eating lunch on her and as far as I can tell they never really "inspected" her but they sure did leave a mess. including using the toilets when there was no way to flush them and putting their garbage in cabinets.........I was ticked.

Cheers,
Jim
Wow that is horrible that they can get away with stuff like that.
It may still show up, it is just plastic bodies so not a big deal, but I did just place another order for evo boards and another ex-6r. I paid for the best shipping and tracking on that package. Hopefully it pays off.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by v_squared
Did you get a tracking number? I had a few package that disappeared after going into custom in Chicago. One time USPS delivered the packing slip but no box or item. Seems like insurance is a must have now.
The difference in shipping price to get it tracked is substantial. I've never had a package go missing, and like LJH, 7-10 days is typical for the small padded envelopes.

I do wish there was some repository of Mini Z retailers/online shops who ship to the US. I'm pretty good at Google, but I always stumble across new things I'd never encountered before. Hopefully this doesn't violate rctech policy, but these are my go-tos:

tinyrc.com
kennonhobby.com
banzaihobby.com
excelrc.com

I used to get stuff from rimini-z.com, but they closed last summer.

I've also had good results with
smalldriftmachine.myshopify.com
rcjaz.com
miracle-mart.com
rcmart.com
banggood.com
amainhobbies.com
nitrohobbies.com

and various eBay sellers

Was someone able to get a Ferrari body from that shop in Greece? I've tried communicating with them, but haven't received a reply.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by v_squared
I did not get a tracking number. Banzai has a really cheap shipping option that you can choose, but the downfall is no tracking and no insurance. I knew the risk so I am not complaining about it just wanted to give others fair warning that it seems like those packages are having a hard time making it here right now.
AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.