Search
Like Tree7772Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro
I can use one of my decent servos, gut the insides to get the controller board, and for $10, that fixes the servo issue. I have a supply of DSM recievers for $8.50. And an brushed or brushless ESC with enough guts to run this car, is $5-12.
if u go that rout space is a premium it fills up quick
AlvBo likes this.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:38 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I can use one of my decent servos, gut the insides to get the controller board, and for $10, that fixes the servo issue. I have a supply of DSM recievers for $8.50. And an brushed or brushless ESC with enough guts to run this car, is $5-12.
fitting standard sized electronics in these cars is quite difficult, unless you have equipment with a very small footprint, it will not be easy. These cars are very sensitive to CG changes, so every gram mounted above the chassis is detrimental to performance.

with that said, if you want to give it a shot, go for it! Wire the servo up the same as the one you pull the controller, if it doesn't center and pulls away from center, then flip polarity on the motor.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Scionara05
if u can send them over I would appreciate because I really like the way this body drives being I can stuff +3mm tears on it to keep it more stable and +1.5 fronts
I've uploaded the .STL files for the 3D printed parts in this post here:
Mini-ZRacer.com Forums - View Single Post - McLaren MP4-12C body - 3D printed reinforcements
EMU and AlvBo like this.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by art4242
I've uploaded the .STL files for the 3D printed parts in this post here:
Mini-ZRacer.com Forums - View Single Post - McLaren MP4-12C body - 3D printed reinforcements
I have to wait for a mod to approve me for that site first thanks tho
art4242 and AlvBo like this.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EMU
fitting standard sized electronics in these cars is quite difficult, unless you have equipment with a very small footprint, it will not be easy. These cars are very sensitive to CG changes, so every gram mounted above the chassis is detrimental to performance.
I managed to make a proportional r/c setup for my Tomy Bit Char-G. I .. should be able to manage. :-)
EMU and AlvBo like this.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:33 AM
EMU
Tech Master

I managed to make a proportional r/c setup for my Tomy Bit Char-G. I .. should be able to manage. :-)
please share what you come up with
AlvBo likes this.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Really?! I'd be curious to see how you did it. Were you a bitPimp back in the day? I did dual cells, FET upgrades, gear mods, chassis extensions, but by the time I got around to proportional steering, I was getting into x-mods and mini-z, and then that proportional Zip Zap came out and was kind of meh.

I still have about 40 of them.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has anyone used these with easy laps system? Our group is switching to EasyLaps. With the Jomurema using a regular receiver, this would plug in.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:37 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Has anyone used these with easy laps system? Our group is switching to EasyLaps. With the Jomurema using a regular receiver, this would plug in.
my recommendation would be to stick with the original one. It has a connector PCB side so you can use one transponder and swap it between cars. It comes with the correct JST plug for micro receivers as well. This one looks hard wired, so not easy to swap unless you add connectors.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by EMU
my recommendation would be to stick with the original one. It has a connector PCB side so you can use one transponder and swap it between cars. It comes with the correct JST plug for micro receivers as well. This one looks hard wired, so not easy to swap unless you add connectors.
This will be Jomurema only. I took chance and ordered one. Now the other 2 cars, well 3 including the GLF1. I’ll just go with the regular EasyLaps.

I get why, sort of, they decided to make the switch. Been mixed on reaction. For those like me that know chances of running outside group are slim to none, it’s just money. But for the others that will run 2-3x it makes sense.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by superfly05
Really?! I'd be curious to see how you did it. Were you a bitPimp back in the day? I did dual cells, FET upgrades, gear mods, chassis extensions, but by the time I got around to proportional steering, I was getting into x-mods and mini-z, and then that proportional Zip Zap came out and was kind of meh.

I still have about 40 of them.
Nope, always as nerobro.

A Real Life Tinker Gnome: Bit Char-G - Doing research long after it matters. And making a 1/64 scale proportional car.

A Real Life Tinker Gnome: Bit Char-G - Do you like my body?

MTseo and AlvBo like this.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Default slow steering and traction roll

Does anyone have problem with mr03ve's(not pro) steering? My problem is the steering feels so slow that I have to start a turn a tile earlier than I used to. Is there any settings in iCS that I can adjust to solve the issue.

I'm also in the middle of deciding on purchasing a ma020 or 030. I've heard a lot of story of ma020 flipping over on RCP or high traction surface but still want one as 030 seems to have limited wheel base setting.Has anyone had experience with setup a ma020 without heavily modifying suspension? Thanks

AlvBo likes this.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
Does anyone have problem with mr03ve's(not pro) steering? My problem is the steering feels so slow that I have to start a turn a tile earlier than I used to. Is there any settings in iCS that I can adjust to solve the issue.

I'm also in the middle of deciding on purchasing a ma020 or 030. I've heard a lot of story of ma020 flipping over on RCP or high traction surface but still want one as 030 seems to have limited wheel base setting.Has anyone had experience with setup a ma020 without heavily modifying suspension? Thanks
All I did with mine was change tires. The drift tires were fun for a little bit.

AlvBo likes this.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t

I haven't had the 020, but recently bought the 030. The 030 can be adjusted from 94mm to 98mm wheelbase and the front and back are adjustable from narrow to wide. I have had mine to traction roll 2 or 3 times, but that was with the Skyline R34 body on it. My biggest problem so far was that my pinion gear would slide forward into the motor cover and lockup the drivetrain. Bad pinion, put a new one on and haven't had that problem anymore. Only had about a week, so haven't had that much time to work out the kinks in the traction roll, but car is definitely a good one.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the feedback. 030 seems to have some teething problems but I hope Kyosho will fix them during the production. For me, the 030's biggest advantage is the brand new electronics and the fact that it came with Kyosho's DWS.
I've missed out on several good deals of 020 , one of which was an open box brushed 020 dws with audi r8 body for $130, instead, I went for the 03ve and found it not so suitable for my living room track. Building one seems to be kinda expensive at the time as there are not many good candidates that meet my requirement (asf board and have most of the frontend chassis parts). In the end, maybe it is a better idea to go for 030....
AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.