Like Tree7777Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MTseo
AAA dummy bateries
Anybody use these or something like these to run li-ion cells without the need to solder wires? This would make it easy to switch between a stock and super stock car. Quickly switch between nimh and li-ion. Seems like that would be really convenient if it works.
I tried them but they made my car too light.

I'm currently using the ISDT N8 for most of my charging. However, I still find myself using my Lii-500.
EbbTide, MTseo and AlvBo like this.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

There’s 2 sliders I’m now watching. Rhino has one. That’s around $400. Found another on eBay for around $250. I’ve always liked time lapse video. I’ve done one that worked good for us taking down the track. I put it on Facebook in one of the groups. I’ll try to find it.

found my time lapse tear down.

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql...Y4MTgxNTEwNDkz

Heres Mike’s video with the cinematic lens.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...cus_composer=0
very nice!

He definitely took the time to get the shots lined up well too. That makes for a good video
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EbbTide
very nice!

He definitely took the time to get the shots lined up well too. That makes for a good video
For just holding the camera( iPhone) it’s remarkably stable. He’s also got the software to better edit( I’d think) then my phone only. Most likely I will wait till next phone upgrade to get the lens. But the slider.......
EbbTide and AlvBo like this.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:17 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Im not a fan of the dummy cells. Not for weight, but because the 10440 lithium cells alway have relatively low current, and running only 2 cells exacerbates the issue. 2S2P is still less current than 2S lipo, but it is competitive. 2S1P lithium doesn't have the punch off the corner, and voltage sag is more noticeable.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:59 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b.wihardja
Our local competition limits the weight of the superstock 3500 class to a minimum of 160 grams so that everyone tries to reduce the weight to near 160 grams. Can an additional 15 grams to 175 grams affect the punch and speed? honestly for handling I prefer the heavier ones, but I don't want to lose in speed
I am interested in this as well. I just weighed my cars the other night when EMU talked about car weight. I just got a couple pack of Eneloops and weighed my cars with them.

Box Stock-Ferrari 458 White Body painted, all parts and decals- 168.9grams
Stock 90mm Porsche GT1 white body painted and decals, Atomic pod, PN70T motor, inner-tube damped front end- 176.5grams
Pro-Stock 102mm LM Mazda 787B white body painted and decals, Atomic pod, Atomic 48T motor-179grams

First off I am not sure how you can get a car down to 160grams, the 458 body is noticeably lighter than any of the bodies I have checked though I would like to see how it compares to the the Porsche GT3 body. With that said I would think a Box Stock car could go lighter and still perform well.

I do wonder if both my Stock Car and Pro-Stock car would benefit from some additional weight. My GT1 will traction roll if I get ham fisted but I have done a bunch of stuff to alleviate traction rolling and it worked but I do wonder what a few grams on the bottom of the car would do for it. My Pro-Stock car is pretty fast but when I get lazy/tired and start getting less smooth with the throttle I get wheel spin and I wonder if a little more weight on the back of the car would increase straight ahead traction.

Cheers,
Jim

Old 07-03-2019, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LJH
First off I am not sure how you can get a car down to 160grams, the 458 body is noticeably lighter than any of the bodies I have checked though I would like to see how it compares to the the Porsche GT3 body. With that said I would think a Box Stock car could go lighter and still perform well.

Cheers,
Jim
for 458 you can cut the roof and window and change with optional lexan roof making it a hybrid between lexan & hardbody. On the tail you can make some hole and change the rear wing with lexan. At the front you can change the headlamp with a scrap of lexan. Somebody cut the front lips fender to go down even further and not stuck on side rail RCP when it crashes
AlvBo likes this.

Last edited by b.wihardja; 07-03-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:52 PM
LJH
Tech Master

for 458 you can cut the roof and window and change with optional lexan roof making it a hybrid between lexan & hardbody. On the tail you can make some hole and change the rear wing with lexan. At the front you can change the headlamp with a scrap of lexan. Somebody cut the front lips fender to go down even further and not stuck on side rail RCP when it crashes
I am surprised you can take 9 grams out a body.

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Just an update: I bought the white Mclaren F1 GTR for 129.99 and it came with bearings pre-installed. I read somewhere on this thread that this particular set comes without the bearings and that makes it cheaper than the regular RWD's but that's not true. So if anyone is interested to get an RWD you guys can save 40 bucks or so.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LJH

I am surprised you can take 9 grams out a body.

Cheers,
Jim
I do not know exactly the reduction obtained only from the body, but I have reduced weight in the chassis and others. To be sure, the use of lipo batteries greatly reduces the weight so after that I need to add more weight to get the final result of around 160 grams
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GaryDey
Just an update: I bought the white Mclaren F1 GTR for 129.99 and it came with bearings pre-installed. I read somewhere on this thread that this particular set comes without the bearings and that makes it cheaper than the regular RWD's but that's not true. So if anyone is interested to get an RWD you guys can save 40 bucks or so.
that's weired min came with plastic bushings. Where did u order it from
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:43 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GaryDey
Mine came with bearings as well.

Cheers,
jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:44 AM
LJH
Tech Master

I do not know exactly the reduction obtained only from the body, but I have reduced weight in the chassis and others. To be sure, the use of lipo batteries greatly reduces the weight so after that I need to add more weight to get the final result of around 160 grams
This is my Box Stock car so I am limited in what mods are legal.

Cheers,
jim
AlvBo likes this.

Last edited by LJH; 07-04-2019 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Scionara05
that's weired min came with plastic bushings. Where did u order it from
From Amazon and the first thing I tried doing was to change the bushings but was pleasantly surprised.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LJH

Mine came with bearings as well.

Cheers,
jim
I bought two and neither came with bearings. I wonder if the early release cars came with bushings??
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Tonkatrucker
I bought two and neither came with bearings. I wonder if the early release cars came with bushings??
It may be a batch thing. Kyosho's website doesn't advertise bearings for the RWD Mclaren and the GT-R (r35) so it may as well be a production mistake. I've ordered one more and would update if that one comes with bearings as well.
AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.