Like Tree7843Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 06:57 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Length of run could be factor. Other then Friday practice, I don’t often run longer the 5 minutes at a time.
It may be, I am guessing I usually run 8-9 minutes maybe but earlier on I was running 15-20 mins at a time when I did not realize how warm the motor was running. I ran this morning and checked the motor by pulling the clip off and it is actually pretty darn hot in the middle of the can.....it did not pass the lip test. I do need to find my IR thermometer to see exactly where I am temp wise.

As you might expect my Box Stock car feels great now that the rear axle is held firmly in place and I am loving the 599 body, not only am I really comfortable with it but it looks awesome. Once I get more consistent I will do a couple stints and compare it to the 458.

The new cells really are a game changer, using the "test" feature on my Opus C-2400 charger shows all the new cells being between 50-60 while my best old cells are in the low 200's. While all this new found power is great it is causing issues with my Pro-Stock car and traction...It is really hard to drive right now and the rear feels really loose and I can easily over-power the rear times coming out of a turn. These tires d have a lot of miles on them so I will try some new ones after work to see if that helps at all, if not I think I will try some KS super softs and see if that helps, for a car that felt so good a couple weeks ago it does not feel all that great right now. I will say my Stock car (90mm Rear Mount) feels awesome currently, I was worried with the new found power that I would have issues with traction rolling but it seems all time spent trying to alleviate traction rolling has paid off.

Cheers,
Jim

AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:28 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scionara05
How many amps does the pn 70t motor pull.
Gearing will have a pretty big effect on what the motor will draw. What are you looking to figure out?

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LJH
Gearing will have a pretty big effect on what the motor will draw. What are you looking to figure out?

Cheers,
Jim
just basically max amps it pulls. For instance its listed for 1/10 motors and up I know just curious.
I can tell you this the stock board can handle gearing of a 43x12 setup from what I used yesterday.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:29 AM
LJH
Tech Master

just basically max amps it pulls. For instance its listed for 1/10 motors and up I know just curious.
I can tell you this the stock board can handle gearing of a 43x12 setup from what I used yesterday.
Copy.....what board are you using?

I can tell you if it a a RWD (MZ414) you are fine running any gearing you want with a PN70. I have thousands of laps on MZ414 boards running 48T motors.with no issues at all.

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:24 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What a freaking epic day yesterday. Those who came out had a really good time. I took home the bmain win starting from the 5th spot. If anybody has the chance to get there hands on emus wing he designed and printed, find a way to buy 1. That thing is the tits. Had my car pushing to the point I was able to full throttle the sweeper all the way around.
this is by far the best trophy I have won that it's a real trophy not no damn plaque peice of wood.
theres another 1 happening in August so I suggest that if u are on the east coast somewhere only a few hours away get your but in hear and come out. I think it was close to50to 60 entry I may be wrong on that number tho
that B main battle was the best of the day! It was great to meet you, and shred some RCP!

I had come to RCCW saturday to practice and prep some cars. When I got there, I realized that I had left the box which I keep all of my race cars on my coffee table. Huge mistake, but I had a couple parts cars loose in a different box, with only one mini-z body, and one lexan body, so got two cars on track to start laying down some rubber and feel out the conditions. The mini-z had a dasmikro brushless board in it, which is notably down on power compared to the kyosho board's, at least in a 3500kv class. Top end is pretty similar, but it takes so long to get up to speed.

Sunday, when I came back with my cars, I noticed that the servo on my prepared car was having issues holding straight. I opened the bottom of the servo compartment, and it was definitely the servo saver assembly causing the issue. I had almost 20 degrees of float... without a spare saver, I decided to switch to an LM car. The LM car with r246 mount is limited in gear sizing, as it can only hold a 12t 64p pinion, which meant that I was down in speed on the super long straight, so I needed to focus on making it back up on the infield. I went to a very aggressive front setup... which worked well through qualify. In the main however, it proved to be one of the most difficult drives I have ever had to deal with. The track had really come in by that point, and the front radial tire that I had been using should have been swapped to a slick. Any steering adjustment would have extreme movement in the car. I managed to finish A4, and had a great time.

I learned a lot this weekend, which is what I really enjoy about this hobby. For me, it's not really about where i finish in a race. It's having fun with people who have similar interests, and learning. Sometimes battling a mishandling car, and taking it to the checkers is a win, it sure felt like that yesterday.

I look forward to the next race
Old 07-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Ok what is the purpose of dummy cells.

When running these Li-ion cells the electronics can only handle 2 of them due to the higher voltage. The way I have ran them before was to solder the battery contacts together with a wire. Now I do not need to solder anything and I can quickly switch from a stock 3500kv aaa powered car to an open class 3500kv li-ion powered car.

Heads up, I do not know which boards can handle the li-ion power. This is an evo board and it handles it just fine, but others may not.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:15 AM
EMU
Tech Master

All of the brushless boards seem to handle 7.4v well. 7.4v on the brushed boards are not recommended. The motors can't handle the heat. The ASF board's seem to handle the voltage fine, but the motors don't like it. I haven't tested on the FHS or FHSS boards, but I really wouldn't consider it honestly.
MTseo and AlvBo like this.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EMU
All of the brushless boards seem to handle 7.4v well. 7.4v on the brushed boards are not recommended. The motors can't handle the heat. The ASF board's seem to handle the voltage fine, but the motors don't like it. I haven't tested on the FHS or FHSS boards, but I really wouldn't consider it honestly.
on your miniz with the dasmikro board. When u say down on power what u mean by that. Like a slow ramp up like punch control? I was looking at that board. Also how does it do with the 4aaa setup any brown outs
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:17 PM
EMU
Tech Master

on your miniz with the dasmikro board. When u say down on power what u mean by that. Like a slow ramp up like punch control? I was looking at that board. Also how does it do with the 4aaa setup any brown outs
when I pull the trigger onto the straight, it took about half the straight if not longer to reach top speed. Very little punch. My VE car was up to full speed as the wheels straightened on the straight before the first checker line. I also have the old VE boards, which are notably slower than the VE Pro and much slower than evo.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MTseo

When running these Li-ion cells the electronics can only handle 2 of them due to the higher voltage. The way I have ran them before was to solder the battery contacts together with a wire. Now I do not need to solder anything and I can quickly switch from a stock 3500kv aaa powered car to an open class 3500kv li-ion powered car.

Heads up, I do not know which boards can handle the li-ion power. This is an evo board and it handles it just fine, but others may not.
where can I get and what charger do u use with them.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Anyone interested in pn foam tires. I have r3 medium f3 soft and r14 rear soft. If interested pm me looking for 25 shipped
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:03 AM
EMU
Tech Master

where can I get and what charger do u use with them.
Lithium AAA charger Lithium AAA charger

The cells you can get at kenon. There are cheap ones all over the place on amazon and ebay, but the only hard cells with using are the PN or Efest li-mn cells. None of the other cells can sustain voltage under load, and capacity is not good despite high ratings.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EMU
Lithium AAA charger

The cells you can get at kenon. There are cheap ones all over the place on amazon and ebay, but the only hard cells with using are the PN or Efest li-mn cells. None of the other cells can sustain voltage under load, and capacity is not good despite high ratings.
haha just realized that's the charger I got from josh Sunday. Ok now I need to find me some batterys and dummy's now lol
EMU and AlvBo like this.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

https://m.facebook.com/groups/2170313756615427?view=permalink&id=227828140581866 1&sfnsn=mo

You might have to copy past the link in your phone
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

EbbTide and AlvBo like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.