Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray M18

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks guys...seems like the duratraxx vendetta TC may fit.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The DTX TC body is way too big to fit
Old 08-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a cheap roller to use for spares. Need the gearboxes, arms, shocks, bumpers, CVD's, tie/push rods. Also need some wheels. Let me know what you've got as I'm looking for any of the above!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Has anyone run their M18 on the RCP 50CM track? I know that these tracks are geared more for the Kyosho's 1/24 scale Mini-z. I was looking at purchasing a Wide L and the Expansion kit to setup in my basement. I'll have a friend or 2 (so 2 to 3 1/18 scales at the same time) to practice/race.

Thanks.
John
Old 08-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by double_green
Has anyone run their M18 on the RCP 50CM track? I know that these tracks are geared more for the Kyosho's 1/24 scale Mini-z. I was looking at purchasing a Wide L and the Expansion kit to setup in my basement. I'll have a friend or 2 (so 2 to 3 1/18 scales at the same time) to practice/race.

Thanks.
John

Yes I have done it and the standard Wide L is too narrow for more than 1 car at a time. I did put an expansion row on the straight away and if I had enough space to put a full expansion on the track it would have been plenty fine for even competitive racing with M18's.

The surface is quite different to carpet and the foam tires don't hook up quite the same. With some experimentation I'm sure you can find a good setup.

I'm actually looking at selling my Wide L tracks and the expansion pieces. The biggest problem with selling them is the high cost to ship them. Contact me if you want to see what I'm selling and possibly save you some money vs. buying new.

[email protected]
Old 08-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks.
John
Originally Posted by Bobby Z
Yes I have done it and the standard Wide L is too narrow for more than 1 car at a time. I did put an expansion row on the straight away and if I had enough space to put a full expansion on the track it would have been plenty fine for even competitive racing with M18's.

The surface is quite different to carpet and the foam tires don't hook up quite the same. With some experimentation I'm sure you can find a good setup.

You can run M18 on RCP, but you will need a good bit of space to do more than one car as mentioned. If you have a lot of guys running, you will want a layout that is 3 tiles wide for the whole thing, which is a lot of space.

Bobby-Z, when I run at the ALS charity race, I dont really have to change anything from my carpet setup, and it is dialed on RCP
Old 08-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
You can run M18 on RCP, but you will need a good bit of space to do more than one car as mentioned. If you have a lot of guys running, you will want a layout that is 3 tiles wide for the whole thing, which is a lot of space.

Bobby-Z, when I run at the ALS charity race, I dont really have to change anything from my carpet setup, and it is dialed on RCP
For the majority of the time it will be only 1 car (mine) on the track. I have a buddy who is also very interested in mini racing and he would be a regular on weeknights only.

I haven't actually seen a 1/18 scale in person, but the mini z and the dnano that I did see were really small. I went to the RCP website and they had pictures of various layouts using 2, 3, 4, and 5 Wide L tracks. My basement should be able handle 2 Wide Ls. I'll have to measure it to make sure.

It's good to hear that the setup will be close between the RCP and carpet. I'm only planning on practicing at home before attending the event in November. I haven't seen a track near me that races 1/18 scale.

-John
Old 08-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default m18 on RCP

Actually, my m18 runs really well on RCP. I bought two used Wide L tracks just last year for the same purpose. We wanted indoor racing in a tight space. Our inspiration was based on the racers at Harnois Hobby. Look them up on rctech or their web site. Their racing principle is driver skill, so they created a tight course where the width of the track is about 22" to 26". But I think they only run 6 cars with each one having very similar setups.

We also run our SC18s on the track. Perfect size. Very demanding driving skill at high speeds. The stock tires actually hook up really well. And quite honestly, the stock motor and esc is more than enough speed for a tight track. Same with the m18.

I upgraded my m18 with an EZRUN 7800 brushless motor, and it's way too fast - like part breaking too fast. I'm running rubber tires and they are okay, but not great for RCP. My assumption is that foam tires would hook up better on the texture side of the RCP track.

And the plus is we can change our layout in 15 minutes. You could easily pack it up and move to another location without much trouble. RCP track is expensive, but I must say for this scale and of course mini-z it can't be beat.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

For the majority of the time it will be only 1 car (mine) on the track. I have a buddy who is also very interested in mini racing and he would be a regular on weeknights only.

I haven't actually seen a 1/18 scale in person, but the mini z and the dnano that I did see were really small. I went to the RCP website and they had pictures of various layouts using 2, 3, 4, and 5 Wide L tracks. My basement should be able handle 2 Wide Ls. I'll have to measure it to make sure.

It's good to hear that the setup will be close between the RCP and carpet. I'm only planning on practicing at home before attending the event in November. I haven't seen a track near me that races 1/18 scale.

-John
With a car or 2, it wont be so bad with a layout that is 2 tiles wide. At least an RCP track will teach you to stay off boards quickly You'll know what I mean when you drive it.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I know this issue came up before.... but I cant seem to find the protoform stratus body we all use to run. I have a concourse winner, but i want to paint another for practice. Anyone know where to get one or something similar?

Thanks
Chris
Old 08-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

its super hard to find protoform 1/18 bodies, its nearly impossible to find the stratus, i found one on ebay about 2 monthes ago and i bought it without even seeing the price where to find stratus, i have looked all over the sites and not one sells them. if you need the protoform mazda 6 body, also very hard to find, shoot me a PM and ill give you the site just keep it a secret as its my only reserve for 1/18 bodies

cheers

ALi
Old 08-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gruman28
I know this issue came up before.... but I cant seem to find the protoform stratus body we all use to run. I have a concourse winner, but i want to paint another for practice. Anyone know where to get one or something similar?

Thanks
Chris
The stratus has discontinued unfortunately You may stilll be able to get the mazda body through xray. We are trying to get parma to do a body, it would help if everyone would mail [email protected] and tell them you would like to see a body
Old 08-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

A Main has the xray mazda body,150mm, listed:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Touring-150mm
Old 08-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Superfast RC also has the xray mazda body listed:

http://www.superfastrc.com/389706-xr...dy-118-to.html
Old 08-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Stormers also has the xray mazda as well:

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=XRA389706

I apologize for the multiple posts, I guess that I got carried away.

Last edited by Rclesmuny; 08-06-2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: apology

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.