Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray M18

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Thanks. Looks like I won't be ordering any of those.

I guess everyone converts over to the composite drive shafts with hex adapters and buys the pro wheels.
Thats what we're doing (minus the composite drive shafts). I hope they handle the same as the old slip on tires for us. We're driving on a very unusual surface for the RC world but after driving it on carpet and RCP I don't understand why people like it so much.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

That race got a little sloppy with me flipping over on the first lap! It was still a fun one.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Default m18 i want to use a savox 0257mg servo

anyone use this servo in the xray m18 if so what servo saver are you using? the spline gear is small need some info and where i can get a servo saver that would fit thanks
Old 04-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee
anyone use this servo in the xray m18 if so what servo saver are you using? the spline gear is small need some info and where i can get a servo saver that would fit thanks
Which servo?

Are you saying the spline on the servo is smaller than the xray servo saver? If so, if you have a dremel, take one of the arms that came with your servo. Cut off the arm. Put the now "armless" servo arm into your dremel with a screw through the center hole locked into your dremel output. Slowly with sandpaper "lathe" away the plastic until it fits inside the xray servo saver without and adapters. Do a quick check to see if the servo goes in nicely (if too tight give another pass on the dremel).

When fit is good, carefully take some ca around the barrier of the xray servo saver and the adapter you made. Let dry and your done.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Havent touched my RC cars in a couple years and I want to get my M18 PRO running again. I am looking for some rubber tires as I go through the foam ones extremely fast of the surface outside my house. Rubber seems to last a lot longer on my 1/10th scale stuff.

I have the rims I just cant seem to find some rubbers. Does anyone know where i can get some, need to get them shipped to Australia.

Cheers.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Default m18 racing video's from Holland

We drive once a month.
Carpet track, all cars stock 180 size motor and all 1600 mah LiFe 2s accu.
Great racing! Fastes lap time 10.3 seconds. We use LapZ for timing.
Have fun watching.

i'm not allowed to post a Url yet so you have to fill in the dots yourself.

"www youtube com/user/romulcorcshop"

Greetings,
Ed Veldman.

Last edited by edjuh; 04-09-2012 at 07:04 AM. Reason: error
Old 05-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Poor man's asphalt semi-drift setup you may rotfl on this one, I don't mind

Why: to bash around outside the house, on asphalt, do some drifts but retain some control and be able to accelerate (pedal to the metal) without spinning. Very similar to driving on wet surface. Too bad the car is not waterproof.

How: start with a set of used medium foams (soft should also work). Add one layer of electrical insulating tape (pvc-like). Apply the tape without pulling - the foam should not be compressed. To be able to get the tape off when it wears, without destroing the foam, get some dirt/fibers onto the tape to make it stick only enough to stay on the wheels. I put it onto already dirty wheels (after an outside run with the foams), after I apply the tape several times onto my pants (free fibers).

If you have too much traction left, try with two layers of tape. Or harder foams.

The rear diff should be tight for (some) drift control. Also I have medium springs in back. Oversized bad-ass brushless motor preferred.

Don't forget to check that all wheels are touching the ground, adjust suspension if necessary (me rookie, forgot it the first time, than remembered a math lesson, the one that said that four points are not necessary coplanar).
Old 05-23-2013, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anyone know where i can find step by step on how to mount these little rubber tires for this? They came with foam insterts but it doesn't wrap all the way around the tire. And am I post to stick them to the rim or the tire?
Old 05-23-2013, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

The adhesive foams go onto the wheels.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

anyone please tell me where to find 2.2mm screws, not sure why xray used this size.

if you have spare parts, like tires, please also let me know
looks like I entered this while everyone is leaving. the car is about to get disco.

thanks
Old 06-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Where did you get the information that they are getting discontinued????
Old 02-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Time to wake up the thread!
Next Saturday we are going to take away the jumps and usa our track as a touringtrack!
I took a look att my old M18Pro and painted a body for the event!

Old 02-07-2014, 05:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Phil2112
Hey guys, does anyone have a m18 pro for sell? I have a older one and am looking to update it and start racing it again. I do have some other rc stuff that I'm willing to trade if the kit is in great shape.

Losi 22
MBX6 (tekno V4 Conversion)
MBX6 Nitro
AE 12r5.1 (rolling chassis w/ 2 bodies)
3pk w/aluminum case/ spektrum 2.4 modual and reciever

Let me know if anyone might be interested???
I have one that I'm not running right now. It doesn't have the lipo chassis though. It does have aluminum diffs, one way in front, aluminum hub carriers, aluminum driveshafts, atomic for both, steel pivot balls. The thing looks brand new, besides a few scratches on the bottom of the chassis. I'd love to get into a novak mongoose set up with the 8.5 or 10.5 turn if you have access to one of those.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Tested my M18 today on a small part of our buggy track, for the real track next weekend. What a great little flying car, everybody was stunned about the speed, braking and fast steering it has! It turns so quick you allmost cant follow it compared to a 1/16 buggy and flyes past on straights. Next weekend we gonna build the track for touring cars and thats when the real racing will be!
Old 05-31-2014, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by mugler; 06-04-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone interested in Xray M18 roller with very nice racing hop ups send me a pm or email me.
Cheers,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.