Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Official Mini T thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 02:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I purchased a Hitec HS-55 servo for my Mini-B. When I hook it up it will return to center, but it will not turn left or right when I turn the wheel on the transmitter. I also hooked this servo up to my Vendetta ST's receiver and the same thing happened. The servo is noisy like it's constantly trying to do something, but nothing is moving. I'm pretty sure the servo is bad and I need to contact Hitec for a replacement, but I just want to check with you guys to make sure I didn't miss something right in front of my face.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
I purchased a Hitec HS-55 servo for my Mini-B. When I hook it up it will return to center, but it will not turn left or right when I turn the wheel on the transmitter. I also hooked this servo up to my Vendetta ST's receiver and the same thing happened. The servo is noisy like it's constantly trying to do something, but nothing is moving. I'm pretty sure the servo is bad and I need to contact Hitec for a replacement, but I just want to check with you guys to make sure I didn't miss something right in front of my face.
Thats odd....I had the exact same thing happen with my HS-55. I just got mine about a month ago and haven't even really had a chance to run it. Just a few laps in my garage and a couple of runs up and down in the parking garage at my work. If I give it a nudge while holding the wheel (on the tx) left or right it'll work, but once I let off the tx...it just stops moving.
Let me know what happens when you contact hitec....I bought mine new off ebay so I'm not sure what to do other than buy a new one.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Steve420
Thats odd....I had the exact same thing happen with my HS-55. I just got mine about a month ago and haven't even really had a chance to run it. Just a few laps in my garage and a couple of runs up and down in the parking garage at my work. If I give it a nudge while holding the wheel (on the tx) left or right it'll work, but once I let off the tx...it just stops moving.
Let me know what happens when you contact hitec....I bought mine new off ebay so I'm not sure what to do other than buy a new one.
Yes, that is odd! I bought mine directly from Tower Hobbies so I would hope Hitec will replace my servo without giving me any problems.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by Rimripper
Are the ez-run BL systems any good I would be looking at the 25amp,do they last I would run a 3s of it into my mini slider.
they are really good! i run one along with a couple more guys at the track and the perform really well. we run them in mini t's though. i just run a 6cell nimh pack on it right now. it still has almost too much power with just that battery, but i might get a 2s lipo just to get more runtime.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default 1/10 TC wheels

If I want to run some 1/10 TC wheels/tires on my mini-t, do I need to look for a particular offset on the wheel? Does it even matter?

I was looking at both 26mm and 24mm wheels and I'm ordering the delrin adaptors from the toyz.

I just want to make sure I pick up the right stuff the first time.....
Old 02-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

I called Hitec regarding the issues with my HS-55 servo. The customer service rep asked me a couple of simple questions, asked me to fax or email the invoice from Tower Hobbies to him. He's going to send me out a replacement servo with a return label for the broken servo. Very easy!

But he asked me if I had the servo less than a month so you better act soon if your servo is nearly a month old. They might not cover it after the month is up. I don't know for sure, but I'm assuming that's the case.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

After two weeks I finally received my replacement servo. It works, but it's making weird noises. Please see this thread.

My spur/pinion seem to feel very "notchy" or "coggy" when I spin them by hand. Both are plastic gears from Losi. There is plenty of distance between the gears. The mesh is not tight at all. Does anybody have ideas why this is happening?
Old 02-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

I have the Losi dual slipper clutch and spur gear and Losi pinion gear on my Mini-B. No matter how tight or how loose I set the gear mesh there is resistance because of the spur/pinion interface. For an example of how much resistance there is, on a slick surface the rear wheels will lock when I let off the throttle. And when you spin both rear wheels it feels very "notchy" or "coggy". Can anybody give me an explanation of why?
Old 03-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

^^^Are you sure its the pinion/spur mesh? Have you pulled the tranny apart to see if another gear is stripped or broken? Or if you have a ball diff, have you tried adjusting it?
Recently, my mini was LOUD as heck. I thought it was a bad pinion/spur mesh, but it turned out the ball diff was just too loose. Tightened it up and it runs/sounds good as new.

I had a similar wheel-locking issue with my 1/10 ST. I had stripped an idler gear, replaced it, then the problems started. It ended up being a tooth from the OG idler gear that got caught in the gear mesh. Once I cleaned it all out, the problem went away.

BTW....How is the Hitec HS-55 holding up? I ended up just buying a new one (9 bucks shipped...ebay FTW). It still doesn't sound "right" but it works and has already held up better than my first. It looks like the first one I bought was some old stock...it had a sticker on it that said 08.04. The new on I got says 02.10. I'm guessing that those are date stamps???? Plus the original one I got had a yellow wire, the new one has white....
Old 03-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

^^^Are you sure its the pinion/spur mesh? Have you pulled the tranny apart to see if another gear is stripped or broken? Or if you have a ball diff, have you tried adjusting it?
Recently, my mini was LOUD as heck. I thought it was a bad pinion/spur mesh, but it turned out the ball diff was just too loose. Tightened it up and it runs/sounds good as new.

I had a similar wheel-locking issue with my 1/10 ST. I had stripped an idler gear, replaced it, then the problems started. It ended up being a tooth from the OG idler gear that got caught in the gear mesh. Once I cleaned it all out, the problem went away.

BTW....How is the Hitec HS-55 holding up? I ended up just buying a new one (9 bucks shipped...ebay FTW). It still doesn't sound "right" but it works and has already held up better than my first. It looks like the first one I bought was some old stock...it had a sticker on it that said 08.04. The new on I got says 02.10. I'm guessing that those are date stamps???? Plus the original one I got had a yellow wire, the new one has white....
My Mini-B rolls fine and makes no noises when I remove the pinion. That leads me to believe it's a problem at the pinion/spur mesh.

The HS-55 works, but it's a noisy, glitchy, POS. I posted this on other forums and I'm not the only one with the issue. It seems that HS-55s are glitchy by nature. It's definitely a subpar product and I'm pretty sure I'm going to avoid Hitec in the future.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

So I just realized that I installed my ball diff backwards. Apparently I should have read the directions because it does say clear as day to install with the adjustment screw away from the gears.

So....other than making it more of a pain in the butt to adjust, this shouldn't cause any major problems right? I can flip it around if neccessary, but was just curious if its really an issue.....
Old 03-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

It won't make too much of a difference with it on backwards but when it is installed correctly it will make adjustments (such as tightening it) a lot easier.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pull-start
It won't make too much of a difference with it on backwards but when it is installed correctly it will make adjustments (such as tightening it) a lot easier.
thanks man...that pretty much what I figured. I'll flip it around the right way one of these days. Its not all that nice or warm here right now, so I don't have too many chances to run it these days.

Okay...next question. I need some help with gearing. Right now I'm running a 60T spur (DD slipper) and a 16T pinion on an ezrun 25a/12T combo. I had a chance to make a couple of passes yesterday and the motor got really hot...like too hot to touch. The esc was barely warm, but the motor was pretty hot.
One thing is that settings on the esc are turned up pretty high..level 7 of 9.

If I turn down the settings a bit (maybe to 5 or so) and drop a tooth or two on the pinion....should that reduce the amount of heat? Or should I try turning down the settings first...before changing pinions? My mini wheelies all over the place, so I'm worried dropping a teeth on the pinion will make it too annoying to drive.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Initiate

If you are wheeling all over the place drop the punch control or loosen the spur so it doesnt catch as quick
Old 03-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Spektrum S200 servo fit in the Mini-T?

Just picked up an other Mini-T but want to change the radio to 2.4gig so looking at the Spektrum DX3E package. Comes with a S200 servo, will it drop into the Mini-T?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.