Wiki Posts
Search

Indoor On Road GT12

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cgolf
Quick question, don't see the 12000 silicone oil for the dampener in the box, is it actually the diff oil 12500?
yes...

clear bottle, orange cap
Old 11-04-2014, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Default if ordering from the UK is not your thing...

Looks like Stormer is all in!

Three pages of SupaStox items.

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...umb=on&smode=0
Old 11-04-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In regard to bodies, are we adhering to the approved bodies list? I have two of them that are approved but wanted something more "me". Irresponsible on my part, I ordered an e30 M3 body without closely reading the rules about bodies. It seems that the "Hot Hatch" bodies Schumacher sells wouldn't fit the rules either though?

Along with all of this I was wondering if anyone would be interested in bodies made from kevlar (or similar aramid) with a fairly flexible resin. I'm pretty sure a nearly indestructible but lightweight body could be made. In small quantities it would only be cost effective to make 1 body type but if they could be sold to others more body types could be made effectively. These bodies could be bought for $60 to $80. A lot more than a lexan body but I predict to be much more durable.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

M3 should be ok. That is a GT body isn't it.

Originally Posted by BMMal
In regard to bodies, are we adhering to the approved bodies list? I have two of them that are approved but wanted something more "me". Irresponsible on my part, I ordered an e30 M3 body without closely reading the rules about bodies. It seems that the "Hot Hatch" bodies Schumacher sells wouldn't fit the rules either though?

Along with all of this I was wondering if anyone would be interested in bodies made from kevlar (or similar aramid) with a fairly flexible resin. I'm pretty sure a nearly indestructible but lightweight body could be made. In small quantities it would only be cost effective to make 1 body type but if they could be sold to others more body types could be made effectively. These bodies could be bought for $60 to $80. A lot more than a lexan body but I predict to be much more durable.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well newer M3's have been in GT races but I don't believe the e30 was, it was used in a lot of touring car races. I doubt its old (late 80s/early 90s) aero would give me any advantages.

Originally Posted by v_squared
M3 should be ok. That is a GT body isn't it.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BMMal

I think the GT bodies will be more aerodynamic and perform better. Tim has no problem keeping up with his hot rod body though.

I'm not sure you'd get a great buy in on the expensive body. The body would have meet or be accepted by BRCA and be listed and have the stamp in the windshield.

Last edited by liljohn1064; 11-04-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Got the trackstar gen 2 120a one cell speed control. It comes with a capacitor board, but the instructions don't talk about it. I assume it is needed, and connects to where the pos and neg go into the speed control. Do you strap down the caps or let them hang loose.

Also what tire traction stuff do you all use? The sticky fingers is a pain and doesn't apply well. Also noticed it tail off with the LM with the mod setup, so would like to try something different.

Chris
Old 11-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

You do want to use that cap that came with the esc. I would mount it instead of letting it hang loose.

For traction compound I use stx.

Got the trackstar gen 2 120a one cell speed control. It comes with a capacitor board, but the instructions don't talk about it. I assume it is needed, and connects to where the pos and neg go into the speed control. Do you strap down the caps or let them hang loose.

Also what tire traction stuff do you all use? The sticky fingers is a pain and doesn't apply well. Also noticed it tail off with the LM with the mod setup, so would like to try something different.

Chris
Old 11-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Quick question on the trackstar speed control. After some soldering iron issues I finally got it setup. The question I have is running it up to full power is almost like an on/off switch. Letting off seems a little bit better. Am I just spoiled by my tekins and this is how it is, or is it not set up right?

Just need the servo and body and it will be ready to go
Old 11-06-2014, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Quick question on the trackstar speed control. After some soldering iron issues I finally got it setup. The question I have is running it up to full power is almost like an on/off switch. Letting off seems a little bit better. Am I just spoiled by my tekins and this is how it is, or is it not set up right?

Just need the servo and body and it will be ready to go
Did you put it in blinky mode?
Old 11-06-2014, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

If it helps with confusion...

Product numbers for those tyre sets we are more likely to run at our track.

JM47FB GT12 Front 47Sh B\B Rim
JM50FB GT12 Front 50Sh B\B Rim
JM56FB GT12 Front Dual 50/60Sh B\B Rim

JM35RN GT12 Rear 35sh
JM37RN GT12 Rear 37sh

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...umb=on&smode=0

or

http://www.racing-cars.com/sp/catego...stox-GT12.html
Old 11-06-2014, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by celt
Did you put it in blinky mode?
All I did last night was plug it in, set the speed control per instructions, not sure if the default setup is blinky or not. My dad has a programming thing at his place so I will make sure it is in blinky mode with that.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

All I did last night was plug it in, set the speed control per instructions, not sure if the default setup is blinky or not. My dad has a programming thing at his place so I will make sure it is in blinky mode with that.
Hook it up and turn turbo timing to zero and make sure boost is still at zero. It will blink once its restarted.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you want bang up to the second update on GT12 then this is the place:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/336445139755237/

...new Schumacher GT is 2 laps faster than the old car

...new Zen RSGT12 weeks from release
...new Mardave Assassin GT12 due out the same time
Old 11-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys

im one of the admin in the facebook page Gt12 circuit uk (Mark Christopher)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/336445139755237/ if you have a private profile you may not get in so let us see who you are if you join

I have raced in gt12 for 3 years and am currently a Schumacher team driver.
any help or info fire away

couple of pointers from what I have read so far for the new gt

the futaba 9650 leaves the servo saver off centre, the core/savox fit perfectly.
build it as kit and tune from there.
the biggest improvement is the rear end , the pod now articulates properly.
take time to balance the rear pod left to right.
old purple diff fits the car fine and the modified left wheel adapter is in the kit.
alloy axle saves 20grams and is tougher than you may think.

the body that is currently most popular in the UK is the Ascari from Schumacher or Kamtec (kamtec actually manufacture them http://www.kamtec.co.uk/)
you also have the Protoform McLaren http://racepf.com/on-road-1-10-1-12/pfm-12-clear-body/

car manufactures
http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Car_Sh...aStox_GT.html~
http://www.mardave.co.uk/
http://www.mardavespares.com/tic-rac...12-circuit-kit

soon to be released
zen
http://www.zen-racing.co.uk/catalog/ Run by World champion and multi euro champ David Spashet
Mardave are also about to release a new car, both these will probably have a new 12th pan style wheel fixing at the rear and a 12th style diff

as I say if you need any advice or info im pretty clued up on the rules and have run the gt12 for a days testing.
Finally enjoy GT12, its an awesome class
(ps im in florida on the 23rd nov to 5th nov near the track that's just held the tc worlds!)

Last edited by Cartman; 11-07-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.