Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indoor On Road GT12

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm amazed at the improvements they made to an already awesome design.

I'm wrapping up my build right now. I did a little test driving and noticed my brake seems to be very weak. It doesn't come close to locking up the wheels and is barely noticeable. I'm using the Trackstar Gen II and a sensored Hobbywing motor. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong OrangeRX to use with my DX6i so I'm stuck with my cheap HK radio set until the Airtronics MX-V I ordered arrives. It wouldn't surprise me if my current radio setup was to blame but I'm wondering if there is a problem with my ESC or its programming. I'm only testing it out on my hard floor in the house so maybe its to do with the low speed?

I also seem to have mistaken the dimples by my front fenders for the dimples where the body posts go. But there aren't any visible dimples further and toward the center where my posts are lining up.

Thanks in advance guys.

Ben

Last edited by BMMal; 10-16-2014 at 05:44 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I shouldn't have said diff, I meant to reference the added set screw and "slightly weightier" drive dog output on the opposite side of the axle. Looks like a good plan to me, and I really like the black vs. the purple/pinkish color too.(ya it matters lol)

The K157 SupaStox GT Kit – C/F is a pre-order item and will be shipped to you as soon as it is available.

Last edited by OrganicMechanic; 10-16-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Ben don't worry about the lack of braking power. John has a programing card for that esc that can take care of that.

There is an easy fix for the body. Don't throw away your scrap lexan. Just cut a small piece and shoogoo it to cover up the hole. Or you can just leave it.

Originally Posted by BMMal
I'm amazed at the improvements they made to an already awesome design.

I'm wrapping up my build right now. I did a little test driving and noticed my brake seems to be very weak. It doesn't come close to locking up the wheels and is barely noticeable. I'm using the Trackstar Gen II and a sensored Hobbywing motor. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong OrangeRX to use with my DX6i so I'm stuck with my cheap HK radio set until the Airtronics MX-V I ordered arrives. It wouldn't surprise me if my current radio setup was to blame but I'm wondering if there is a problem with my ESC or its programming. I'm only testing it out on my hard floor in the house so maybe its to do with the low speed?

I also seem to have mistaken the dimples by my front fenders for the dimples where the body posts go. But there aren't any visible dimples further and toward the center where my posts are lining up.

Thanks in advance guys.

Ben
Old 10-16-2014, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

The new car is on ebay as of this moment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schumacher-S...item33970c33ce
Old 10-18-2014, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The GT diff axle is listed on the Schumacher site now!
U4633 Diff Assembled 70T - 48DP - SS GT In Stock £24.99 (£29.99)
I'm hoping the GT LH drive dog will come with the fixed gear axle.
U4637 LH Drive Dog - SS GT Out of Stock £6.66 (£7.99)
Old 10-19-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have 2 complete Schumacher Supastox kits. They include Type "A" Ascari Lightweight Bodies, Alloy (aluminium) rear axle, diff kit with 70T spur, 66T 48P option spur, front bearing set, Alloy rear spring hangers, MI5 Ball socket swivels, Lipo brace, MI4 servo mount set, Trackstar Gen II 1S ESC w/programming card, Trackstar 13.5 brushless motor and an MX-98E servo.

You will need Paint, pinions (30T - 35T 48P is a good place to start) and your receiver.

SupaStox build and race kits are $450 each. PM me if you are interested. They will be at the track with me on Tuesday.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Diff is the same, just black. A lot of those tweak screw options can and have been done to the regular SupaStox. I still think the bumpier the track the better the previous design will work. The GT really is almost a full blown 12th with a full length chassis and no center shock. I like it. Note it is for GT racing only, but that is exactly what we are doing with it. Ease of setup looks to be seriously improved, but the previous one isn't hard to set up either. I think the huge difference is the front end with the variety of tuning upgrades. Ackerman is much improved with better adjustment all around. We really won't know if it's any better until the one Stan ordered on sight arrives.
So if we get one we want the GT with the diff? On the site, it fits the money range.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cgolf
So if we get one we want the GT with the diff? On the site, it fits the money range.
They both fit the range. The diff is an allowed upgrade. But, you end up with a lighter wallet getting the C/F version and then adding the diff. But, that is what most everyone will do.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OrganicMechanic
The GT diff axle is listed on the Schumacher site now!

I'm hoping the GT LH drive dog will come with the fixed gear axle.
I'm going to order that drive dog as soon as it's available for the current cars. I like the idea of a set screw in there.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

I have 2 complete Schumacher Supastox kits. They include Type "A" Ascari Lightweight Bodies, Alloy (aluminium) rear axle, diff kit with 70T spur, 66T 48P option spur, front bearing set, Alloy rear spring hangers, MI5 Ball socket swivels, Lipo brace, MI4 servo mount set, Trackstar Gen II 1S ESC w/programming card, Trackstar 13.5 brushless motor and an MX-98E servo.

You will need Paint, pinions (30T - 35T 48P is a good place to start) and your receiver.

SupaStox build and race kits are $450 each. PM me if you are interested. They will be at the track with me on Tuesday.
Say something now or they get shipped back tomorrow for GTs.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Say something now or they get shipped back tomorrow for GTs.
Columbo?

Columbo?

Bueller?

Bueller?
Old 10-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by celt
Columbo?

Columbo?

Bueller?

Bueller?
Old 10-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Bmal - I also have a Gen II in an oval car and minimal if any brakes - even at full throw on the radio (Spektrum). I have the programming card and can't seem to find a combination that works. This is not a new problem with a 1s setup but is still annoying.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by slots
Bmal - I also have a Gen II in an oval car and minimal if any brakes - even at full throw on the radio (Spektrum). I have the programming card and can't seem to find a combination that works. This is not a new problem with a 1s setup but is still annoying.
Set reverse power to 100% also.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had an awesome time learning the ropes last night. Thanks again to everyone for all of the help and tips.

I intended to buy another Team Orion lipo but they are out of stock everywhere. I checked out SMC batteries too at Celt's recommendation but they are also out of stock on 1S batteries and only have 7000maH now. I came across Vant batteries being sold by The Barn Floor aka dirtcheaprc and on their ebay store. I ordered two because they are so cheap ($30 and 6000 maH and a 6 month warranty.

There is a thread discussing Vant batteries and this specific retailer on the forum as well. I can't post URLs yet unfortunately.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.