Sedan Racing @ MARCCA

Old 01-28-2003, 09:09 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Default Sedan Racing @ MARCCA

Here is the thread for questions, answers and discussion related to sedan racing @ MARCCA.

Enjoy!
Old 01-31-2003, 11:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok here is a question. after visiting the marcca track for the first time i went and bought an rs4 to try and come play sometime.

i got most of the rules except what battery packs are allowed
in sedan stock class.

i have been casually racing an evader st with my friends but thought it would be fun to try the marcca track....
Old 01-31-2003, 11:48 PM
R/C Tech Founder

The rules are fairly relaxed here, as far as what all you can run. If you're just starting, then you'd end up in the Sportsman class, where we pretty much let anything fly. Once you get the hang of it, the Stock class has a bit more rules to it.

On batteries, you can basically use anything. Most guys are running 3000 or 3300 Nickel-Metal Hydride packs (NiMH). They range in price anywhere from $30 to $80 depending on how good of a pack you want. For just starting, I wouldn't spend too much on batteries; just 2 or 3 3000 stick packs should be enough to start out on (and cheap).

There are also many club members who are willing to unload batteries at good prices.

Also for tires, try Sorex 24s and/or 20s for your car. Those are what works best on our carpet. Most guys are running Trinity "Revenge of the Monster" stock motors, or Trinity Green Machine 3 stock motors.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! We run practice on Tuesday nights, points racing on Friday nights, and more racing on Sunday mornings. Friday night seems to get the best turnouts so far.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

thought i needed bigger packs
i have 5 1500's guess ill need more

unless my work schedule changes ill have to try to show on sundays. when ya work evenings tues thru sat its hard to get commited....
Old 02-01-2003, 12:17 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Yea, that's understandable.

And by packs, of course, I mean 6-cells. Not sure if that was clear or not. Most everything runs 6 these days.

I guess it should also be noted that you don't need 3000s to race, but I feel like if someone is going to spend the money, it is worth the little bit extra to gain the runtime. It will make learning to drive/race that much easier, plus you'll get more use out of the pack in the long run (won't be obsolete as quickly).
Old 02-01-2003, 12:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

i figured 6 cells...

it's kinda a free for all out here in mazo. about 5 of us race the stadium trucks. then a couple of us put on the on-road tires and race whatever anyone has. (sedans, indy's, we dont care its all in fun) most of us are just using 1500's.
Old 02-01-2003, 01:33 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Yea, it's a bit more structured over here, I suppose. Some guys are really into it, some guys are just out to have fun. It's a pretty relaxed atmosphere, as far as racing goes.
Old 02-02-2003, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

hey big dog im just getting into racing too! I also have an rs4, and i would reccomend getting at least 2, 3000mah capacity NIMH batteries. But remember that NIMH batteries REQUIRE a charger that can charge nimh batteries safely. Dont want you ruining your batteries now
Old 02-02-2003, 05:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeah i have two chargers one i did spend the money on, and got a peak charger that will handle just about anything....
Old 02-06-2003, 06:07 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Friday Night Sedan points for Week 1 are updated on the website:
http://www.marcca.com/points-sedans.shtml
Old 02-08-2003, 12:44 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Friday Night Sedan points for Week 2 are updated on the website:
http://www.marcca.com/points-sedans.shtml
Old 02-08-2003, 08:23 AM
Regional Moderator

WOOOHHHOOOO, show up, break parts not place first or second and still be on top in the points

Surely this can't last
Old 02-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

hey is that you mark? This is kevan, the guy with the subaru. I think i will buy Kraig's xxx-s!
Old 02-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Good choice Kevin!!
You will find the Losi very easy to drive, provided the driver has the ability in him, I obviously do not

I would also like to thank everyone that made me feel welcome last sunday...
Jim and Jeff I was the one with the beat up purple bodied xxxs you know the one you guys kept havin to pass
anyway had a great time and will be back soon.
Maybe some new tires and a new body might at least make me feel better as I am gettin smoked in the corners
Old 02-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Regional Moderator

catman, you gonna be there tommorrow?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service