Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sedan Racing @ MARCCA

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Default Thow outs

How many thow outs for the sedan season. I'm just wondering if im too late to start.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:59 PM
R/C Tech Founder

The points for the indoor season have not started yet, though the outdoor season is over for the year.

I think the indoor points will be starting this Friday.
Old 11-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

I was just there last night (7th), and there were around 5 people there including me. It was the Shaack family, Jon Colombo (the only racer that was there last year that is still here besides me), and me. Vang showed up around 8 and we discussed how we could improve turnout for sedan (and fooled around a bit, but no racing). All of us that were there think that we should move from Friday to Sunday for marcca sedan. This wouldnt disrupt micro racing (if there IS any...), we could change the track.

If it were on sunday we could at least have Jim Deals and MAYBE Cesar show up. We thought if Jim would show up then maybe more would come. Some people argue that this conflicts with the Trackside racing schedule and we should just keep at it friday, so "tracksiders" would come. But there are NO tracksiders coming on friday, so sunday wouldnt conflict with their schedules.

Some say if we got new carpet more would come, but in order to get new carpet we have to get more racers first ( need lots of money). We think the carpet and track are fine, if you move the truck jumps. The thing is that we cant move the jumps with so few people.

Basically it all boils down to Sedan turnout. If you want marcca sedan to get going again or get better, you FIRST have to show up!!!
Old 11-09-2003, 02:06 AM
R/C Tech Founder

The problem is, most of the guys who race sedan in Madison have been driven to race at Trackside. There are 10-15 Madison guys I know who race sedans regularly and none of them will go to MARCCA.

I know that for me, if I had a choice between MARCCA and Trackside on Sundays, I'd never be choosing MARCCA...

It's good that people are trying to get something going but I don't think bouncing the race days around some more is going to do it. Then again, I don't know if *anything* will do it.
Old 11-09-2003, 04:44 AM
Tech Addict

...that is (if i may piggyback on your comment Shane) until or unless there is a change in leadership which respects both kinds of racing and operates according to democratic principles as outlined in the club constitution. to have things go well two things have to be there, a dedicated core who will be there week in and week out, and welcoming individuals who will aggressively engage newcomers and visitors and make them feel welcome and part of the group along with helping them with any problems that they may have. The club used to have both on the on road side but most of them are gone now because they couldn't stomach how the club was being run.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i guess i would like to know where all the money went?????when i left the club 1.5 to two years ago, there was 10,000 dollars in the club coffers. now, you cant even get some carpet?????

and for what it is worth, your turnout problems go WAY beyond the choice of the race day.........
Old 11-09-2003, 12:16 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by mr. losi
i guess i would like to know where all the money went?????when i left the club 1.5 to two years ago, there was 10,000 dollars in the club coffers. now, you cant even get some carpet?????

and for what it is worth, your turnout problems go WAY beyond the choice of the race day.........
I would say something, but the club president said he would beat me up.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Well Troy that is saying something. I really like the carpet of death the club rolls out anytime someone shows up that disagrees with the president for life.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

I just hope the sedan racing sticks together. I cant really drive anywhere else at the time.

JCTc3 are you jon colombo? And is TSr6 the shaack family?
Old 11-09-2003, 05:50 PM
R/C Tech Founder

No, they are not.

As for why there is little to no sedan racing in town now, look no further than the current club leadership. It is not 100% their fault by any means, but they certainly did not do anything to try and fix it.

They wanted a truck club, and that's exactly what they got. If there was an indoor track operating in town (a) on, say, Saturday, and (b) having nothing to do with MARCCA, it would have a healthy turnout. Mark my words.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Shane, got building?
Old 11-09-2003, 10:41 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Old 11-10-2003, 04:11 AM
Tech Adept

So no one will anser mr losi's question of how you can spend 10grand on dirt and get behind in the building rent?
Old 11-10-2003, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

because there are only onw, mayby two ppl who know whee the money went.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

MR.LOSI OH, Maybe the club should become a rc car and truck club. That way they could get more racers and make more money and then could afford to buy carpet. I think this is a really good idea and someone should tell the board about this good idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.