Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC BOAT

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

@Dongskie - To give you an idea, the SV27 runs on 1.8Kv and 45amp esc, the UL-1 uses 2084Kv? and 60amp esc. Both are within the same size as your boat. I tried a 2.6Kv and all the boat wanted to do was spin like a crocodile when it tries to feed on something. The 2.3Kv was an improvement, but the cheap motor I tried had a short lifespan.
Also, bigger boats need torque (translate = low Kv) to propel it forward. Look, if you don't spin that 3.0Kv motor in it's comfort zone, you will overheat (do I see smoke?) everything!
We know this because we have burned quite a few motors and esc's.
Don't be tempted to go high Kv motors . . . most of the time it won't work with your appliction.

Stick within the 1.8 to 2.3Kv motors for your boat. You can always buy a water jacket and ESC cooling plate online (if not included) or . . . have a local machine shop make you one. Our motor jackets came from "ricamara".

Try mo muna ang 40A blesc mo. Of course, a 60A (or higher) marine esc is best . . . if you've got the bucks to spare . . go for it!
You want a cheap boat esc? Look for the "Mystery" brand. Kanya lang kailangan mo yata i-program everytime you plug the battery in.

@bentoy - This advice goes for you too. Bongsky is right, a car esc (BL or brushed) is not designed to handle the continous amp demands of Fast Electric boats. It's okay for your current setup, but not if you want to go fast. I'm surprised you don't experience thermal shutdown in your 101BK. Remember, it's trying to push water away continously . . and that my friend is a heavy load to push!

Guys remember . . . you will need good lipo's with 40+ C ratings if you want your batteries to last . . . . longer. And, good props!

Last edited by CARakter; 10-05-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Originally Posted by bongsky007
parang hindi pwede yang esc mo madali mag overheat yan dapat yung me water cooling system. Try mo turnigy marine esc at brushless motor.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_Cooled_ESC

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_(WaterCooled)

O kya kung me airplane or heli esc pwede din yun lagyan mo lang ng water cooling system. na try ko na din kc esc pang car madali sya mag overheat.
kung me brushless motor ka naman na 540 size pwede mo din gamitin yun madali lang i watercooled yun.

E2 yung homemade fiberglass brushless rc boat ko na binenta ko na kay eight. 3800kv brushless outrunner, 30amp heli esc, cheap plastic prop and hardwares & cooling system is made from aluminum scrap and heli parts.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by CARakter
@Dongskie - To give you an idea, the SV27 runs on 1.8Kv and 45amp esc, the UL-1 uses 2084Kv? and 60amp esc. Both are within the same size as your boat. I tried a 2.6Kv and all the boat wanted to do was spin like a crocodile when it tries to feed on something. The 2.3Kv was an improvement, but the cheap motor I tried had a short lifespan.
Also, bigger boats need torque (translate = low Kv) to propel it forward. Look, if you don't spin that 3.0Kv motor in it's comfort zone, you will overheat (do I see smoke?) everything!
We know this because we have burned quite a few motors and esc's.
Don't be tempted to go high Kv motors . . . most of the time it won't work with your appliction.

Stick within the 1.8 to 2.3Kv motors for your boat. You can always buy a water jacket and ESC cooling plate online (if not included) or . . . have a local machine shop make you one. Our motor jackets came from "ricamara".

Try mo muna ang 40A blesc mo. Of course, a 60A (or higher) marine esc is best . . . if you've got the bucks to spare . . go for it!
You want a cheap boat esc? Look for the "Mystery" brand. Kanya lang kailangan mo yata i-program everytime you plug the battery in.

@bentoy - This advice goes for you too. Bongsky is right, a car esc (BL or brushed) is not designed to handle the continous amp demands of Fast Electric boats. It's okay for your current setup, but not if you want to go fast. I'm surprised you don't experience thermal shutdown in your 101BK. Remember, it's trying to push water away continously . . and that my friend is a heavy load to push!

Guys remember . . . you will need good lipo's with 40+ C ratings if you want your batteries to last . . . . longer. And, good props!
wow thanks sa advice mga sirs..I do have a 540 brushless combo here but its a 4300kv 35amp combo i think its too high.lol

I might go with your sugesstion so can i start with these items below ?

Esc:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ies_60-70A_ESC

and motor

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...otor_%28FIN%29

OR

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...250kv_Inrunner

BTW sir i think i can make my own cooling plate i just need a simple brushless upgrade..hehe..
If needed i can run it on a 4s set up..I have some turnigy 4000mah 2s 40c lipos here..
Old 10-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

@bentoy - you are looking for a "smooth" can motor so you can install a water jacket . . preferrably the 36x 60 size . . . like this:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6526&Product_Name=Turnig y_B36-56-06_1800kv_Inrunner

For the esc I would reccomend these:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?catname=Brushless +ESC&idCategory=256&ParentCat=254

But yes, you can use plane esc's (60+ amps), just install a water cooling plate.

Last edited by CARakter; 10-05-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bentoy101
Hi sir im David Suico po...
@David: pasilip naman ng video ng temporary run mo...

@Carakter: all noted sir, thanks for the extensive info.. I'm still waiting the arrival of my BL motor, for the meantime I will try out my temporary brushed 11.1v set-up this weekend at the QC pond, bahala na si

Last edited by Dongskie; 10-05-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Good! Try ko daan sa City Hall pero . . b-day ng dad ko sa Sunday eh. 10-10-10 Will see.
Pero si bongsky, pwwede mo ayain yan! Pwede din kayo mag try sa wildlife!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Saturday ako mag test run
Old 10-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Dongskie;8028692]@David: pasilip naman ng video ng temporary run mo...

Sure sir if only i could. I just lost my drive nut(yung nut holder for the prop?the inner 1 yung may ngipin) kanina nungtinest ko with 3s lipo. triny ko yung isang drive shaft pero parang iba yung thread rotation nya.Hopefully i can find another one here.Meron ba sir?

Sorry for the newbie questions.Please bare with me im a noob in boat parts..lol..thanks!!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

@bentoy - you are looking for a "smooth" can motor so you can install a water jacket . . preferrably the 36x 60 size . . . like this:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6526&Product_Name=Turnig y_B36-56-06_1800kv_Inrunner

For the esc I would reccomend these:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?catname=Brushless +ESC&idCategory=256&ParentCat=254

But yes, you can use plane esc's (60+ amps), just install a water cooling plate.
Ok sir ill order the motor and the plane esc this week..will let you guys know how it goes..Hopefully i would see the difference in speed Thanks poh!!

Last edited by bentoy101; 10-05-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bentoy101
.... I just lost my drive nut(yung nut holder for the prop?the inner 1 yung may ngipin) kanina nungtinest ko with 3s lipo. triny ko yung isang drive shaft pero parang iba yung thread rotation nya.Hopefully i can find an other one here. Meron ba sir?
Hala, nakalimot mo mag lagay ng thread-lock? hanapin mo ulit nandyan lang yun... drive dog ang tawag dun sa item na yun, otherwise gawa ka na lang, hanap ka ng nut na same size, i-file mo hanggang sa magaya mo yung shape niya.. sisiw di ba?

Gawin mong twin motor!! btw napatakbo mo na? slow rpm / high torque ang motors na kasama niyan..
Old 10-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dongskie
Hala, nakalimot mo mag lagay ng thread-lock? hanapin mo ulit nandyan lang yun... drive dog ang tawag dun sa item na yun, otherwise gawa ka na lang, hanap ka ng nut na same size, i-file mo hanggang sa magaya mo yung shape niya.. sisiw di ba?

Gawin mong twin motor!! btw napatakbo mo na? slow rpm / high torque ang motors na kasama niyan..
Yes sir i forgot kasi i thought not needed na coz trial run lang naman but ayun tuloy nahulog sa dagat....Really sir?Hopefully magaya ko yun..Wala bang available nyan dito sir?bibili nalang ako if meron..hehe.yung isa kasing drive dog parang opposite thread rotation nya..hahanap pa ako ng nuts to pair it..hehe..hopefully makakita ako nyan dito.hehe.sir 3mm ba yung shaft nito..tama ba ako?is it impossible to use thr turnigy 4mm ones?.BTW sir heres the boat i bought monday..

Im planning to turn that into this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFUfc4eGNTs

hehe..anyways ill do the tracer first muna sir..hehe..

Last edited by bentoy101; 10-05-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

@bentoy - make sure you're using a locknut for the prop. Get the stainless type.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Rigger

shaft ng stabilizer ng t-rex 600 size heli 4mm yun at treaded na both ends yun ang ginamit ko nun sa home made boat ko eh mga P100-150 lang yun.
san mo nakuha at magkano rigger mo? San ka nag papatakbo?

hehe..anyways ill do the tracer first muna sir..hehe..[/QUOTE]
Old 10-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default qc hall

DONGSKIE wat time ka nag papatakbo sa qc pond sa sat? Testing ko din yung boat ko eh.

Originally Posted by Dongskie
Saturday ako mag test run
Old 10-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

@bentoy - saan mo nabili yan rigger? toy kingdom? Hanap ko kasi local dealer ng NQD. Gusto ko kasi ng Seaport tugboat para gawing retriever.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

@bentoy - make sure you're using a locknut for the prop. Get the stainless type.
@CARakter Yes sir ill do that next time.Nagpafabricate nalang ako na drive dog 300pesos nabayaran ko Ill post a video of it running on a brushed set-up on 3s lipo

Originally Posted by bongsky007
shaft ng stabilizer ng t-rex 600 size heli 4mm yun at treaded na both ends yun ang ginamit ko nun sa home made boat ko eh mga P100-150 lang yun.
san mo nakuha at magkano rigger mo? San ka nag papatakbo?

H

hehe..anyways ill do the tracer first muna sir..hehe..
@Bongsky Hi sir nabili ko to dito sa cebu. Whitegold Mall for 1,899pesos..Kaso parang isa nalang ang nandoon..Meron ding NQD Hydro..hehe..nasa 1,8k din.. As for now wala pa akong kilala na nagboboat dito sa cebu..Hopefully i can find those people coz i feel so alone..lol..hehe..Dito po ako sa Liloan bridge nagpapatakbo.Ill post a pic soon po.hehe

@bentoy - saan mo nabili yan rigger? toy kingdom? Hanap ko kasi local dealer ng NQD. Gusto ko kasi ng Seaport tugboat para gawing retriever.
@CARakter Hi sir i bought the rigger sa Whitegold Mall dito sa Cebu i dont know about the tugboat sir but may hydro din doon.hehe.mga 1,8k lang 1:16th scale din..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.