Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RRR Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Is anybody here have any clue or idea for low traction setup for V1RRR? The coming race Alamanda, running on cement, it can turn up to good traction as well. Don't you think?

The recent setup by Josh Cyrul was reported with low traction but i'm not that sure this will be a useful starting guide to tackle the Alamanda surface. Otherwise we wait for our local V1RRR sifu - Mizan.

Anyway here the Josh Cyrul setup
2005 ROAR GP National
Old 08-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Till now afew problems with 3R which i encounter.
1. Thin rear shock stay - I solved it with thicker shock stay. Some other double up the shock stay.
2. Plastic brake adapter weak and melt?! - Changed it to option adaptor
3. Inner plastic pulley ( + pin slot damage after afew race )- change to option
4. Plastic middle stand - holding the belt tensioner weak, slanting and not straight - change to option Kawahara.
5. Plastic pipe stand holder - Move and mounted the pipe stay wire to upper deck.
6. Fuel tank - I have no problem with this.

Other still in good shape!!
Old 08-19-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by esham
Till now afew problems with 3R which i encounter.
1. Thin rear shock stay - I solved it with thicker shock stay. Some other double up the shock stay.
2. Plastic brake adapter weak and melt?! - Changed it to option adaptor
3. Inner plastic pulley ( + pin slot damage after afew race )- change to option
4. Plastic middle stand - holding the belt tensioner weak, slanting and not straight - change to option Kawahara.
5. Plastic pipe stand holder - Move and mounted the pipe stay wire to upper deck.
6. Fuel tank - I have no problem with this.

Other still in good shape!!
1. Go with Kawahara 4mm.
2. Kyosho Aluminium Option holder, if willing to spend, the Kawahara brake disc look awesome!
3. Waiting for Kawahara - but many have modified the ori pulley hehe...as good as option
4. No problem with mine
5. Get the Kawahara Middle Shaft mount. It comes with a slot to mount your exhaust pipe, so you dont need to mount it on the upper deck.
6. Mount it a little loose so on impact, the force is somewhat lessen.

Rgds
Old 08-19-2005, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BundyMan
3. Waiting for Kawahara - but many have modified the ori pulley hehe...as good as option
How they do it ..they put epoxy or what?

6. Mount it a little loose so on impact, the force is somewhat lessen.
Yea... now i remember .. loosen and some of them widen the upperdeck tank slot.!
Old 08-19-2005, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

Yeah, apply epoxy and voila! Problem solved!

Only thing I am waiting now is the kawahara hardened pinions...otherwise every race have to get a set of pinions.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, apply epoxy and voila! Problem solved!

Only thing I am waiting now is the kawahara hardened pinions...otherwise every race have to get a set of pinions.
WAh.. so weak meh the pinion??
Old 08-19-2005, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pullstart
RRR = Rapuh, Reput, Ranap.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Yeah, kyosho pinions are inherently weak and wears off pretty fast compared to say Mugen pinions. But they are lighter, less rotational mass. Solution is to go for hard coated pinions manufactured by Kawahara and Kfactory (only 21 and 22T)
Old 08-19-2005, 08:11 AM
tornado

Good .....good........Bundy.....you gonna be a veli powerful RRR sifu in here.......I'm still veli curious.....you're dying to be taikoh in the forum but why didn't you start this darn thread and be the taikoh in the first place anyway???????........whatever the reason is....I don't wanna know. This thread now is officially handed over to you bro ...... so.......shoo off all the hijacker bastards off this thread like you've always did.

Old 08-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pullstart
fren,we dunt call it weak,call it fast wear..
kyosho since lastime I m into wit d same prob..so they hv good after sales market.. but then stil d 3R rules bit d market now.. duno til la har..
Old 08-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tornado
.......I'm still veli curious.....you're dying to be taikoh in the forum but why didn't you start this darn thread and be the taikoh in the first place anyway???????........whatever the reason is....I don't wanna know.
Still wanna stir things up eh? Need not try and act cute when you are not. And please spare us from your dumb ass statements, "I'm still veli curious, ........ but I don't want to know". I won't be surprised if there is anyone whom could go lower than that, it will be you and only you. Seen the movie, Dumb and Dumber? And honestly its getting a bit painful for me to continuously see a 40++ year old man having an imbecile's mentality. Bryan, seriously...please! please! spare us from further sufferings and agony, you are killing me slowly but surely! Ouch!! Sorry, if this is too deep or beyond you (as usual), yeah time for you to start your ABCs

Niah, some help for you. Hope my effort is not in vain

Main Entry: cu·ri·ous
Pronunciation: 'kyur-E-&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French curios, from Latin curiosus careful, inquisitive, from cura cure
1 a archaic : made carefully b obsolete : ABSTRUSE c archaic : precisely accurate
2 a : marked by desire to investigate and learn b : marked by inquisitive interest in others' concerns : NOSY
3 : exciting attention as strange, novel, or unexpected : ODD
- cu·ri·ous·ness noun
synonyms CURIOUS, INQUISITIVE, PRYING mean interested in what is not one's personal or proper concern. CURIOUS, a neutral term, basically connotes an active desire to learn or to know <children are curious about everything>. INQUISITIVE suggests impertinent and habitual curiosity and persistent quizzing <dreaded the visits of their inquisitive relatives>. PRYING implies busy meddling and officiousness <prying neighbors who refuse to mind their own business>.

Last edited by BundyMan; 08-19-2005 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Wah, so long never enter the thread got so many things happening oh, Serpent Chat lah RRR Discussion lah, so who is the hot favorite to win the Alamanda Race...he..he.. participants also looks interesting.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jawbreaker
Wah, so long never enter the thread got so many things happening oh, Serpent Chat lah RRR Discussion lah, so who is the hot favorite to win the Alamanda Race...he..he.. participants also looks interesting.
wah... lama tak dengar berita?? gantung kereta dah la jgn gantung keahlian rctech!!
Old 08-21-2005, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jawbreaker
yoh man, bila SPM finish?... 960 is round the corner calling out your name softly....
Old 08-21-2005, 02:37 PM
tornado

Still wanna stir things up eh? Need not try and act cute when you are not. And please spare us from your dumb ass statements, "I'm still veli curious, ........ but I don't want to know". I won't be surprised if there is anyone whom could go lower than that, it will be you and only you. Seen the movie, Dumb and Dumber? And honestly its getting a bit painful for me to continuously see a 40++ year old man having an imbecile's mentality. Bryan, seriously...please! please! spare us from further sufferings and agony, you are killing me slowly but surely! Ouch!! Sorry, if this is too deep or beyond you (as usual), yeah time for you to start your ABCs

Niah, some help for you. Hope my effort is not in vain

Main Entry: cu·ri·ous
Pronunciation: 'kyur-E-&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French curios, from Latin curiosus careful, inquisitive, from cura cure
1 a archaic : made carefully b obsolete : ABSTRUSE c archaic : precisely accurate
2 a : marked by desire to investigate and learn b : marked by inquisitive interest in others' concerns : NOSY
3 : exciting attention as strange, novel, or unexpected : ODD
- cu·ri·ous·ness noun
synonyms CURIOUS, INQUISITIVE, PRYING mean interested in what is not one's personal or proper concern. CURIOUS, a neutral term, basically connotes an active desire to learn or to know <children are curious about everything>. INQUISITIVE suggests impertinent and habitual curiosity and persistent quizzing <dreaded the visits of their inquisitive relatives>. PRYING implies busy meddling and officiousness <prying neighbors who refuse to mind their own business>.
yep!! still that good old Bunny .....no no.....errrrr.......Bundy .......this thread is yours lah......hey you're the one who spoil it in the first place.

ciao!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.