Wiki Posts
Search

Asian Mugen Cup Details

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by challenger
HPC,

Refering 2 d result for 1/10 D main no. 8 n 1/8 B main no.9. The time showed that they didn't finished the 5 min run as required by d R&R. Hence were they laps count or they should be disqualitied?. Since they didnt finished the 5 min race. Correct me if Im wrong.

1/10( D Main )
8)Lye Keat Seng 17 4.54.890 Mugen MTX3

1/8( B Main )
9)Roger Wong 16 4.57.520 Mugen MRX3
from wat i know,even though eg u r goin 4 let say tq 20 laps that day but unfortunate your timing is only 17 4.++,means u r d fastest 19 among...
let c wats hpc gona reply bout it..
Old 03-29-2005, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

I cant find it being stated in the R&R. But even though it sounds silly but there is good point there. Talk about lateral thinking!

Generally in a 5 minute heat, you try to make as many laps as possible and that's the only thing that counts! Unless you have a 20 lap qualifying heat and then of course these two guys probably wouldnt have made it since they failed to complete the heat.

Rgds
Old 03-29-2005, 01:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by BundyMan
I cant find it being stated in the R&R. But even though it sounds silly but there is good point there. Talk about lateral thinking!

Generally in a 5 minute heat, you try to make as many laps as possible and that's the only thing that counts! Unless you have a 20 lap qualifying heat and then of course these two guys probably wouldnt have made it since they failed to complete the heat.

Rgds
let d pros answer that shall we...
or bro D can help?
Old 03-29-2005, 01:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by mavicRR
let d pros answer that shall we...
or bro D can help?
Sorry, no idea on this... But if you look at the qualifying results posted for the WC in Brazil, I think I did see before people who did not finish doing the 10 minute heat and yet have their heats counted...
Old 03-29-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Just to re-confirm, outlaw pipes and 30% nitro are allowed in the grand finals??

Thanks
Yes

Cheers,
Old 03-29-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by challenger
HPC,

Refering 2 d result for 1/10 D main no. 8 n 1/8 B main no.9. The time showed that they didn't finished the 5 min run as required by d R&R. Hence were they laps count or they should be disqualitied?. Since they didnt finished the 5 min race. Correct me if Im wrong.

1/10( D Main )
8)Lye Keat Seng 17 4.54.890 Mugen MTX3

1/8( B Main )
9)Roger Wong 16 4.57.520 Mugen MRX3
Under racing rules, they will still be considered as fastest 17 and 16 lapper respectively. Hence, this is correct.

Cheers,
Old 03-29-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: R&R

Originally posted by HPC II
JapTC3,

No need to be hostile. Ask politely and people will respond politely.

For all measurements, pls visit the first page. The entire IFMAR explanation is there. My post is to remind you guys, not to inform you guys.

Cheers,
Thank you for replying...

Nobody here want to be hostile, just asking for clarification,,, that's why i used the word 'Please... confirm'.....

Well it's up to you....
Old 03-29-2005, 02:18 PM
HPC
Tech Master

Attn to all participants who qualified for the Grand Final in May.

I have just received confirmation that all R n R as posted before will stand.Which means that all carb size max diameter is 5,5mm and MAX engine ports are 5+1 = 6ports. So any of u guys running 5+2ports engine,please prepare.U have 2 months to work on it.

Cheers!

Old 03-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by HPC

I have just received confirmation that all R n R as posted before will stand.Which means that all carb size max diameter is 5,5mm and MAX engine ports are 5+1 = 6ports. So any of u guys running 5+2ports engine,please prepare.U have 2 months to work on it.

Cheers!

HPC, is it correct to say that Sirio and Mega 5 port cannot be used for this race as these engine have 2 additional ports for lubrication. I would appreciate if Mugen Japan can actually be more specific in naming specific makes or models not allowed for this race.

On the other hand since this is an outlaw engine, pipe and fuel race, why is there restriction. On the venturi compliance requirement I do agree the limit is set at 5.5mm or whatever as it is easy to enforce.

As you know we don't make these engines, we just buy them off the shelf and we wouldn't want to be buying the wrong thing.

Thank you.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HPC

Cheers!

cheers...
Old 03-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Jawbreaker
HPC, is it correct to say that Sirio and Mega 5 port cannot be used for this race as these engine have 2 additional ports for lubrication. I would appreciate if Mugen Japan can actually be more specific in naming specific makes or models not allowed for this race.

On the other hand since this is an outlaw engine, pipe and fuel race, why is there restriction. On the venturi compliance requirement I do agree the limit is set at 5.5mm or whatever as it is easy to enforce.

As you know we don't make these engines, we just buy them off the shelf and we wouldn't want to be buying the wrong thing.

Thank you.
I have raised this before. But rules is rules, and there has to be a cutting point which unfortunately at this juncture will make the Sirio and Mega engines ineligible to be used in the coming race.

Just get a JP lor....
Old 03-29-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Jawbreaker
I would appreciate if Mugen Japan can actually be more specific in naming specific makes or models not allowed for this race.
I think that may be against their business nature. Last thing a manufacturer wants to do is to name manufacturer's name.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Prophet

I have raised this before. But rules is rules, and there has to be a cutting point which unfortunately at this juncture will make the Sirio and Mega engines ineligible to be used in the coming race.
Just get a 3 port Sirio or a 3 port Mega lor. More than enough power actually.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Just get a JP lor....
Just asked this question for the benefit of others and was running JP for the qualifying.

Btw you all got to standby, they are going to pop your sleeve just to check that you dont caryy any extra lobang...aheem on the car I mean
Old 03-30-2005, 01:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by InitialD
Just get a 3 port Sirio or a 3 port Mega lor. More than enough power actually.
price same s ur 2pot briliantlium?power same?
wat ever egine u r geting,i dun thk mine s fast s their FACTORY ENGINE..

SORRY hpc..GOT LUPA..
anyway d thursday is control practice/warm up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.