Search

RC in Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Hey...
This forum is about RC in malaysia...
How to stray????

So basically just talk about RC stuffs can liao lar...
aiyoh....
Old 09-13-2002, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

BANG !!!!!!!!!..... ouch .......
Old 09-15-2002, 08:17 AM
Tech Rookie

I am a newbie in this r/c world.......I am very interrsted in this sort of stuff since I was young....so how do i get started??
but first of all i wanna know if there's a Malaysian website for this sport.......or any official club ...etc....
Old 09-15-2002, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

this is almost as close as u can get,i believe...
anyway,we share lots of info here...

wat type r u interested in?...nitro or electric?...
which part of the world r u from?
Old 09-15-2002, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anybody race before? please share how the race works? I am planning to enter some stock and close race, how many batt. packs should I have too? time diff between each heat? etc, etc.. thanks...
Old 09-17-2002, 02:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes spawn? Here in Sabah we would vote out ourselves into what race number we will start. eg. 20 racers divided into 4 races with 5 racers each. you pull out a number from a box, if u got no. 2, then u are racing on the no.2 race with 4 other racers.

we would get to race twice in each 5 minutes race and the count would be on how many laps u can do in that 5 mins. Champion obviously selected to those whom with the highest laps with the shortest time. We usually race modified. Batteries used usually Sanyo NiCD 2400, Sanyo HV 3000. With four packs should be enough. 2 packs for practice rounds.

A-main & B-main divided by the total racers participated divided by 2 (half). eg, 20 racers. 1st top 10 racers would be in A-main and the rest fall into B-main.

Please visit RC in Sabah Thread.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

COOL ... that would be quite fun and ... easy going ....
good for leisure races!!

windtalkers.... wana do one like that ?? for fun ... sounds less strainous and competitive ...but more of a friendly fun thing !
Old 09-17-2002, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by jfc_tech
Yes spawn? Here in Sabah we would vote out ourselves into what race number we will start. eg. 20 racers divided into 4 races with 5 racers each. you pull out a number from a box, if u got no. 2, then u are racing on the no.2 race with 4 other racers.

we would get to race twice in each 5 minutes race and the count would be on how many laps u can do in that 5 mins. Champion obviously selected to those whom with the highest laps with the shortest time. We usually race modified. Batteries used usually Sanyo NiCD 2400, Sanyo HV 3000. With four packs should be enough. 2 packs for practice rounds.

A-main & B-main divided by the total racers participated divided by 2 (half). eg, 20 racers. 1st top 10 racers would be in A-main and the rest fall into B-main.

Please visit RC in Sabah Thread.
Do you normally charge your battery the night before the race or during the race? I timed that it takes about an hour at 4amp to charge the 3000hv.. too long.

I am planning to enter some electric race, maybe close yok race or sometime... must check the rules out first...
Old 09-17-2002, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

race??!! haha ... my piece of advise is relax.... don take it too hard... otherwise u won't be able 2 concentrate on ur driving... ended up bangin ur car on de wall or other cars...

ok... make sure u have ur domestic supplies....likewat??? water, food, spare clothes...etc etc.... tat's for de racers.....

as for de car.... 4 good or ave batts would do.... of coz a good / ave charger n power supply either AC / DC.... u noe lar... ok as for charging de batts.... i normally charge it a nite b4.... tat's y i normally don sleep till de race day... heheh....

then u can either opt to plug n race or peak ur batts b4 de race ..... peak = bump up....

but of coz.... u ought to have clean n setup ur car at least few days b4 de race....... for at least u hav sufficient time 2 do adjustments n get spare stuffs from ur LHS...... don be like me... setup de car a nite b4..... very taxing.....

so wat else u ought to know???
Old 09-17-2002, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

race part2......

for at least... get urself to know de track's conditions... talk 2 some ppl who frequent de place.... get 2 know wat tyres suitability, gearing ratio, death takers corners, etc etc..... got it???

those are preparations b4 races.....

ok... come 2 de excitement of all of it.....

wat we had here is all racers got 3 rounds for qualifying.... like wat spwan had mentioned

------> "5 minutes race and the count would be on how many laps u can do in that 5 mins. Champion obviously selected to those whom with the highest laps with the shortest time."

then de 1st 10 racers would be in A main and so forth......

then subsequently, Main racers would have 2 rounds of 5 mins to determine the overall main champ......

tat's for EP..... gas would have longer time in de final / mains..... A main - 45 mins while B main - 30 mins......

heheh.... ur hand would go numb........

is there anything i've left out????

so enjoy ur race.... even if u lost.... end of de day..... u'll gain lotsa from races....... godspeed....
Old 09-18-2002, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

um........ charge up the batts the nite b4 and then go and peak/boost it up just b4 the heats ....
Old 09-18-2002, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

spawn:

We usually race at midnight, meaning at 12:00am!! i have 4 packs of battery. so i started charging at 9:30pm. my Sanyo 2400 NiCD needs 30mins,the GM2000 NiCD needs 30mins also (very hight voltage), The Power GT 3000 NiMH needs 45mins and also the Sanyo 3000. All charged at 5 amps. Best charger using Robitronic 2000 plus.

Get to know when is yer next turn to race, eg in the next 5 mins. Set yer charger to time limit of 5 mins and peak it. Battery gives more power when its warm BUT opposite for yer motor. Motor gives better performance when its cooler (cooler than normal).

just my 5 cents info
Old 09-18-2002, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

anyone tried using the motor thrown into a plastic bag then into a icebox like coleman's with the box filled with ICE?

anyone want to try ??
Old 09-19-2002, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

i read abt a cold motor having better performance...guess it's worth a try,...but have 2 b careful,with weather like ours,ice will become water in jus a short while...
Old 09-19-2002, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

think it will be ok if u place it in a coleman's box... anyone got a extra one ??
mine is being used to keep lemonade and other drinks ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.