Wiki Posts
Search

Orca RC Products

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikecan8
Wanda, thank you for helping out. I suppose the demo would be about the same if you were to leave the car on the bench. The greatest difference is to drive the ESC and even with the STOCK mode turned off, you would still feel the difference between the other ESCs. But by demonstrating the VRITRA TC-Spec to him he would be able to see and most of all hear the difference.

smilekt, enjoy. Hope to see you join us and become a ORCAtian.
yappp hope soon ....
Old 09-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by smilekt
yappp hope soon ....
what ever U must buy 1 for to feel that ESC,
Old 09-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wanda
what ever U must buy 1 for to feel that ESC,
uittt ... gibve me tryy .. ... mr eril said ur car super turbo full blasstt ...
Old 09-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

smilekt, I think wanda does not want to share his speed with you.

I suppose all ESCs are good, it all gets power from the battery, but its the difference on how to get the power to the motor. Its very complicated to explain and I don;t think I am qualified to explain it to you.

Like I said, the dynamic timing on ORCA is unique to ORCA only and I suppose everyone else is coming up with their own concept, hopefully ORCA is able to be always one step ahead of the field as we have demonstrated with the VRITRA TC-Spec.

At MNC, I suppose the VRITRA TC-Spec will be able to show its power better. You racing smilekt?
Old 09-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Mikecan,

When's the new motor arriving our shore?

Thanks
Old 09-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

smilekt, I think wanda does not want to share his speed with you.

I suppose all ESCs are good, it all gets power from the battery, but its the difference on how to get the power to the motor. Its very complicated to explain and I don;t think I am qualified to explain it to you.

Like I said, the dynamic timing on ORCA is unique to ORCA only and I suppose everyone else is coming up with their own concept, hopefully ORCA is able to be always one step ahead of the field as we have demonstrated with the VRITRA TC-Spec.

At MNC, I suppose the VRITRA TC-Spec will be able to show its power better. You racing smilekt?
mikecan8, yaya .. i think soo ... wanda dont want share his turbo ESC

thank for your detail explaination about the orca product .. hope some day can try this esc ...

im right now still learning about rc racing hope some day can join a race ..
Old 09-19-2009, 01:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jonest
Mikecan,

When's the new motor arriving our shore?

Thanks
Hey Jonest,

The new motor is trying very hard to arrive at our shores before MNC round 3, but we are just polishing up its looks and packaging as the performance is nothing to be questioned about as proven already.

Will let you guys know when it can arrive. Sorry for the delay.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Is this an Orca designed motor? Or is it based off of something else like SP/Feigro?
Old 09-21-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Is this an Orca designed motor? Or is it based off of something else like SP/Feigro?
Hello Jimmy,

Good to see you back on the thread.

Anyway, the motor, I would not call it an ORCA design, at this moment we are still relatively small as compared to SP/Feigo. But we were involve in part of the design and also characteristic of the motor. This motor would be very very different from a SP/Feigo or even Team Powers. All I can say is that this motor would be a perfect match for the VRITRA TC-Spec. You would have to see it to believe it.

Hope it arrives soon.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

i blew my sp 11.5t v3.0 last night.

lets share some experience.

ip3800 35c

start respond 4x
punch 4x
stock 1
3.75 timing

5.26 ratio.
58mm form. rollout 34.6

running time 6 min ( heat mode ) then

smoke come out ...

wat i did wrong..
Old 09-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by beaim
i blew my sp 11.5t v3.0 last night.

lets share some experience.

ip3800 35c

start respond 4x
punch 4x
stock 1
3.75 timing

5.26 ratio.
58mm form. rollout 34.6

running time 6 min ( heat mode ) then

smoke come out ...

wat i did wrong..
Hello beaim,

I actually cannot comment why the motor was blown. I personally blew the SP 11.5 V3.0 as well, but my setting was definately more than what you were doing. Therefore I am surprise at the motor blowing up with the setting you have set.

First question: DO YOU HAVE A HEAT SINK AND A FAN ON YOUR MOTOR? If yo don't then you would know why you have burnt the motor.

For me I have the setting as follows:
Punch 10
Start Response 8X
Timing 18.75
STOCK II
RATIO 5.25

As you can see that my setting is much more aggressive than your setting, but if you do not have a fan and heat sink on it. This would be the major cause of the blow up. Also do you turn the timing on the motor? If you did, by how much.

As I have mentioned in my previous post, the SP V3.0 motor is a very very weird motor in terms of gearing. Let leave the performance bit out of it, but it is just plain weird for the gearing part where everyone else is gearing their motor at 5.8-6.2 for the Team Powers and even the SP V2.0 motors using STOCK I 18deg timing, the SP V3.0 would be geared with 5.2-5.4 ratio using STOCK II.

At the end of the day, we are all looking for speed and the Achille's heel of todays power plant is the motor. As the battery becomes more powerful and the ESC having newer softwares and newer concepts, it just puts the strain on the motor, so the many blowups that I have seen in recent times.

As a word of caution, always measure the temp of the motor after every 5min interval and 2min interval there after as to make sure you got the temp rght. The temperature should never be at anytime more than 85deg C. (p.s. I meant continuous 5 min run, not that run two lap rest one lap as this would not give you a clear indication of the real temp.)
Old 09-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Hello beaim,

I actually cannot comment why the motor was blown. I personally blew the SP 11.5 V3.0 as well, but my setting was definately more than what you were doing. Therefore I am surprise at the motor blowing up with the setting you have set.

First question: DO YOU HAVE A HEAT SINK AND A FAN ON YOUR MOTOR? If yo don't then you would know why you have burnt the motor.

For me I have the setting as follows:
Punch 10
Start Response 8X
Timing 18.75
STOCK II
RATIO 5.25

As you can see that my setting is much more aggressive than your setting, but if you do not have a fan and heat sink on it. This would be the major cause of the blow up. Also do you turn the timing on the motor? If you did, by how much.

As I have mentioned in my previous post, the SP V3.0 motor is a very very weird motor in terms of gearing. Let leave the performance bit out of it, but it is just plain weird for the gearing part where everyone else is gearing their motor at 5.8-6.2 for the Team Powers and even the SP V2.0 motors using STOCK I 18deg timing, the SP V3.0 would be geared with 5.2-5.4 ratio using STOCK II.

At the end of the day, we are all looking for speed and the Achille's heel of todays power plant is the motor. As the battery becomes more powerful and the ESC having newer softwares and newer concepts, it just puts the strain on the motor, so the many blowups that I have seen in recent times.

As a word of caution, always measure the temp of the motor after every 5min interval and 2min interval there after as to make sure you got the temp rght. The temperature should never be at anytime more than 85deg C. (p.s. I meant continuous 5 min run, not that run two lap rest one lap as this would not give you a clear indication of the real temp.)
mike, ofcause i use strong fan at motor .i feel wired as well, same car same ratio same battery, stock 1 , other all max. it survive from niko track at 2pm damn hot.

last night windy temp around 30deg.

wat i feel is , the car more grip due to less spin at 3.75 timing cause motor blew.

waiting your orca...
Old 09-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default hm...

sp v3.0 stupid motor
use Team Powers then...better...stronger...
Old 09-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by collincss
sp v3.0 stupid motor
Old 09-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by collincss
sp v3.0 stupid motor
hi collincss,

plz dun complaint others product.. i also used OVTCspec with the SP v3.0 motor.. i try at the ttwangsa track at 1pm (deg around 33deg).. its damn hot.. my setting Punch 10, Start Response 4X, timing 22.**, stock II, reartio is 5.3**.. run in 8minute.. n after 8minute my moto temp is 64-67deg.. never go to 70deg.. but my motor is still ok till now.. actually, it depens how u setting ur reartio dude..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.