Search

Orca RC Products

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Hai Mike,

for this ESC is it design only for mini 2wd or F1 only?
Can it be use in mini 4WD ?

If it designed only for mini 2wd or F1 , it mean
the output or performance from TC ESC is different?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by mikecan8
The new ORCA Q 4X and 6X Miniature Sensored ESC, one of the most neately packaged sensored brushless ESC will be arriving before the holiday season arrives.

Giving the not so serious side of your racing self a break and use the ORCA Q 4x or 6X in your mini or F1 and it will give you what you have come to be expect from ORCA and its team.

ARRIVING ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 15th 2009!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zainy
Hai Mike,

for this ESC is it design only for mini 2wd or F1 only?
Can it be use in mini 4WD ?

If it designed only for mini 2wd or F1 , it mean
the output or performance from TC ESC is different?

Thanks.
Hello Zainy,

Why I metioned only mini 2WD and F1 is because of the size constrain of the two chassis mentioned. The ORCA Q 4X and 6X can be used in any form of RC. For all its perfomance, it will be more than enough to satisfy anyone who is racing for fun.

As no ESC is design specifically for a certain type of RC, it can be used in any platform you desire.

As for the design of ORCA's top of the range ESC the VRITRA TC Spec, it is meant for high power usage, as in modified motors in Touring car. You can use the VRITRA TC Spec in your mini, as I have just tried recently, but I can assure you that it is an over kill that will not make your mini easy to drive as the amount of power that the ESC can generate is far too great for the chassis to handle. I believe it will be even harder in F1 as it is a rear wheel drive with direct drive.

Everyone has his personal preference and depending the budget and the usage of such a product. For me, I find that the ORCA VRITRA Off-Road Spec can perform to a level as well as the TC-Spec, in stock racing that is, but some will argue, that a little more power is always welcome. So hence the TC-Spec is outselling the Off-road Spec by quite a few times.

For me, if you are only racing minis 2WD/4WD or F1s, then the ORCA Q's 4X and 6X would be suffice while for racers only racing stock, which all of us do here in Malaysia, the VRITRA Off-Road Spec would get the job done as well as the TC Spec. TC Spec will be the best out of all our products, ofcourse, but it will also be a slight overkill if stock racing is your only spec of motors that you play with. But who is arguing? As a consumer, you have every right to choose any product to your personal preference. I am just here to give advise on every product's own characteristic and performance.

Happy RCing.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up Thank you

Yes !!!!

Thanks for the great information ,
Yes, I'm a mini man...

How much would it cost for the ORCA-Q 4X combo ? Can you PM me.
Thanks a lot..

Hello Zainy,
Why I metioned only mini 2WD and F1 is because of the size constrain of the two chassis mentioned. The ORCA Q 4X and 6X can be used in any form of RC. For all its perfomance, it will be more than enough to satisfy anyone who is racing for fun.
As no ESC is design specifically for a certain type of RC, it can be used in any platform you desire.
As for the design of ORCA's top of the range ESC the VRITRA TC Spec, it is meant for high power usage, as in modified motors in Touring car. You can use the VRITRA TC Spec in your mini, as I have just tried recently, but I can assure you that it is an over kill that will not make your mini easy to drive as the amount of power that the ESC can generate is far too great for the chassis to handle. I believe it will be even harder in F1 as it is a rear wheel drive with direct drive.
Everyone has his personal preference and depending the budget and the usage of such a product. For me, I find that the ORCA VRITRA Off-Road Spec can perform to a level as well as the TC-Spec, in stock racing that is, but some will argue, that a little more power is always welcome. So hence the TC-Spec is outselling the Off-road Spec by quite a few times.
For me, if you are only racing minis 2WD/4WD or F1s, then the ORCA Q's 4X and 6X would be suffice
while for racers only racing stock, which all of us do here in Malaysia, the VRITRA Off-Road Spec would get the job done as well as the TC Spec. TC Spec will be the best out of all our products, ofcourse, but it will also be a slight overkill if stock racing is your only spec of motors that you play with. But who is arguing? As a consumer, you have every right to choose any product to your personal preference. I am just here to give advise on every product's own characteristic and performance.

Happy RCing.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

NEW!!! ORCA Gladiator Combo Set with 9.5R Brushless motor.

For more info please visit us @ H² Online
Old 12-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Guys,

Heard Orca TC spec is coming, please contact Elwyn(Hobby Haven).
Old 12-09-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Orca products

Mikecan,

are you free on 11th of decemeber for lunch?

Old 12-09-2009, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bulldog2
Mikecan,

are you free on 11th of decemeber for lunch?

Yo Bro,

Why are you flaming? Did not get a call from you for lunch. I cann'ot do it on Friday, but what about thursday for lunch. Call me lah.

Thanks for inviting me for lunch on Fridy.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Elwyn Lee
NEW!!! ORCA Gladiator Combo Set with 9.5R Brushless motor.

For more info please visit us @ H² Online
pm me the price of:-

1. orca Q lipo balance charger
2. orca Q 4X & 6X combo
3. orca gladiator
Old 12-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know when will ORCA RXI motor be approved by ROAR or EFRA?
It is point less to buy them now if they are still illegal motors.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JapSpec
hmmm...ozawa fans...
Old 12-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Hello JapSpec,

Its good to know that someone out there is still concern about what we are buying. I have always been one of the fore runners that is for the idea of using ROAR approved motors. Unfortunately, no one really wants that as using the so called ROAR approved motors would mean opening up the market to many many brands of motors to be used locally at local races. Ofcourse if you look at it from another view, it also means less money to spend to try to find the best motors.

But to give JapSpec a wakeup call. You and I have been buying point less motors for god knows how long. Because the 11.5T motors are NOT ROAR approved, and I suppose never will as the 11.5T motors are not even in the list in the first place. Under ROAR approved list of motors, there are only 21.5T, 17.5T, 13.5T, 10.5T and then lower turns. 11.5T, like the 15.5T which are only used in Japan, 11.5T motors are only used in a handful of Asian countries. So don't be worried that you are buying a pointless motor, because if you live in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, you already are. As for it being illegal? Its always up to the race organizer to deem it as legal or illegal, not for you and I to comment.

Also I believe that all manufacuturers due to the economy of scale, would not only make 10.5T motors only for us Asians only. If there are any 10.5T or any type of motors that are the same turn as in the ROAR approved list, then it is most definately made to comply to the ROAR Spec. If its not on the list then it will be on the list in the next post as ROAR submissions are only done twice yearly(Please do not quote me on this though as I am not too familiar with ROAR rules and spec.). ORCA will notify you as and when we have it submitted and approved.

Happy RCing.

Last edited by mikecan8; 12-11-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello JapSpec,

Its good to know that someone out there is still concern about what we are buying. I have always been one of the fore runners that is for the idea of using ROAR approved motors. Unfortunately, no one really wants that as using the so called ROAR approved motors would mean opening up the market to many many brands of motors to be used locally at local races. Ofcourse if you look at it from another view, it also means less money to spend to try to find the best motors.

But to give JapSpec a wakeup call. You and I have been buying point less motors for god knows how long. Because the 11.5T motors are NOT ROAR approved, and I suppose never will as the 11.5T motors are not even in the list in the first place. Under ROAR approved list of motors, there are only 21.5T, 17.5T, 13.5T, 10.5T and then lower turns. 11.5T, like the 15.5T which are only used in Japan, 11.5T motors are only used in a handful of Asian countries. So don't be worried that you are buying a pointless motor, because if you live in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, you already are. As for it being illegal? Its always up to the race organizer to deem it as legal or illegal, not for you and I to comment.

Also I believe that all manufacuturers due to the economy of scale, would not only make 10.5T motors only for us Asians only. If there are any 10.5T or any type of motors that are the same turn as in the ROAR approved list, then it is most definately made to comply to the ROAR Spec. If its not on the list then it will be on the list in the next post as ROAR submissions are only done twice yearly(Please do not quote me on this though as I am not too familiar with ROAR rules and spec.). ORCA will notify you as and when we have it submitted and approved.

Happy RCing.
Hello mikecan8,

With approved motors is not just sake of have the motors name on EFRA or ROAR list but it mean that all motors have very similar specification. You can not just go by what ever it writen on sticker or box.

In regards of stock classes there should just be 2 difference, Stock 17.5R and Super Stock 10.5R. 11.5R is out of equation. Japanese they always run their own spec even on brush motor.

The rumour ORCA will summit to get ROAR approve next yrs. To get motor approved is got nothing to do with economy. If they want their motors to be able to sell then they have to get it approved otherwise they will lose big market in US and Europe. As western play by rules unlike us we play without the rules.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

....To get motor approved is got nothing to do with economy. If they want their motors to be able to sell then they have to get it approved otherwise they will lose big market in US and Europe. As western play by rules unlike us we play without the rules.
Thats what mike meant with "economy of scale".
Old 12-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Hello mikecan8,

With approved motors is not just sake of have the motors name on EFRA or ROAR list but it mean that all motors have very similar specification. You can not just go by what ever it writen on sticker or box.

In regards of stock classes there should just be 2 difference, Stock 17.5R and Super Stock 10.5R. 11.5R is out of equation. Japanese they always run their own spec even on brush motor.

The rumour ORCA will summit to get ROAR approve next yrs. To get motor approved is got nothing to do with economy. If they want their motors to be able to sell then they have to get it approved otherwise they will lose big market in US and Europe. As western play by rules unlike us we play without the rules.
Hello again JapSpec,

Sorry to disappoint you. To be honest, whatever is submitted is just a sample of what the manufacturer is selling and not every single motor that will be sold will be sent in for approval. Ofcourse, during big races, they may take a few for inspection. You would still be buying motors which are just stuck with stickers or printed on the box, not the one that are inspected by ROAR or EFRA.

To correct you, yes, there are STOCK and SUPER STOCK, but its not 17.5T and 10.5T, instead they are 17.5T and 13.5T. 10.5T has been eliminated to become mod class. But I suppose as we are more familiar with 11.5T and to save cost, race organizers are allowing 10.5T to compete along side the 11.5Ts, like Hong Kong, as going to 13.5T would mean that all of us would have to buy a brand new motor as it is not possible to run a 13.5T and be competitive against a 11.5T, but an 11.5T can/should be able to keep up with a 10.5T.

As for very similar spec, it should be same specification, but that does not equate to same performance. I have already posted and demonstrated to some on track, that ORCA RX-1 motors are nothing to shout about if you were to put it on the checker, it is actually as fast as a SP V3 11.5T and about 10% slower than the team power motors and maybe even Dual Sky. Put it on track with the VRITRA TC Spec ESC and the situation is just over turned. So it means even though it has the same spec to SP V3, it is nothing close in terms of performance on track and during actual driving of the motor. Look at F1 engines for inspiration, all V10s at 3000cc and there are some that has more power than the others.

BTW, its not a rumour that ORCA will submit the motors, it is definate that we will submit, but it all depends on what we have in the pipe line. If we cannot manage to get it submitted by Jan 2010, then we will have to wait till the next round of submission. And we do look at the US as they are on of the largest economy for RC.

To emphasise, we do play by rules, but we just do not follow it to the tee as what we run here are considered as local races thats all. If you say that we don't play by rules, I think you are disrespecting all the race organizers and racers as organizers and racers do follow rules set prior to the race. Eventhough we are not westerners, we do play by the rules and I do not think that we are any more inferior than any other race/kind of people, so please do not use that statement.

Happy RCing.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Has anyone used the Orca Vitra speed control connected to a SP 17.5 Version 3 if so what were your settings and FDR.

Any assistance appreciated.

Regards,

Calvin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.