Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Fastlane Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Oooo your going to get it now. Sorry about those nights. I should no better than to roll up on a slow poke so fast.
On gaurd you swine.
TOUSCHE!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sesimon
I'll second that motion about not getting in front of X, or if you do make sure that you check out on him before the next turn. Oh, that also goes for Syndrome on the back straight too.
Man, that was uncanny. I was following Scott on the last lap with no intention of trying to pass. I came into the turn too hard and tapped him in the rear very slightly, and his car rocketed off of mine like it was on a spring. Then later that lap, I crashed, and Scott hit me, which marshaled my car, and put him into the boards. It was his best run of the night, too. I felt like a big jerk. :-D
Old 07-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

TOUSCHE!!!

Last edited by UN4RACING; 08-21-2008 at 07:00 AM.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Man, that was uncanny. I was following Scott on the last lap with no intention of trying to pass. I came into the turn too hard and tapped him in the rear very slightly, and his car rocketed off of mine like it was on a spring. Then later that lap, I crashed, and Scott hit me, which marshaled my car, and put him into the boards. It was his best run of the night, too. I felt like a big jerk. :-D
I wouldn't feel like jerk.
I would just Giggle and floor it.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

It was definitely a fun race we had going, I'll just have to remember not to martial you next time. Had I not been a good sumaritan, I would have had you. I just went one tooth to low in the main and couldn't catch you after my attempted pass in the first turn.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Z
Tech Master

Originally Posted by evostyle
Anyone from KC / Fastlane coming to the ROAR regional this weekend?

I realize that Shane and Randy have a great place to race as I have personally raced there multiple times and have brought loads of racers along with me.

I find it a little discouraging that after a year and a half NO ONE from KC (other than I believe StewartFan) has even made it out to Evolution Raceway. Our track is on the west side of STL and only about 200 miles away from Fastlane. Probably a 3 hour drive. It's not like we're racing in a parking lot. Our track is by far one of the nicest in the country! I have raced EVERYWHERE, no joke ( SOCAL, NORCAL, Dallas, Las Vegas, NYC, Cinncy, Racine, Chicago, Memphis, KC, Tulsa, Springfield, OKC, and many others. And have used this information to help build an awesome place to race. Hopefully, you'll have a chance to experience a professional track like Evolution. If the track won't bring you out to race then nothing will. Hope to see some support from the Kansas City group.

If you have any questions or if there is anything I can help you with just shoot me a PM.

Larry Stone
I realize that this was dirrected to the KC guys (i guess you don't care about the NE guys) but, I know that there were at least 3 from KC at your track earlier this year. There were also 3 from NE. I believe that there have been 3 from ST louis at NE this year and the same three at KC. Sounds like we are all even. The problem is that everyone I have talked to that has been to your track says that they don't want to go back. Some of it is peoples opinions of what a good track is. The other thing is that all we get from some of your guys (not the ones who have been to our races) is the attitude that you are better than the rest of us. That makes things fun! You guys say that you want to be part of MWS, HOA, and RC pro Series but you don't want to support them. That is supposed to be how this works, we all support each others tracks. Also, getting on here and crying about racers not coming to your track probably doesn't help.

Have a great race this weekend.

Z
Old 07-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Deleted...

Last edited by Darkseid; 07-27-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Darkseid
You forgot to add: The fellowship of racers - $Priceless.
That is a pretty good break down of the pricing for the mini class. And Big K, you might check with some of the other racers about picking up some used stuff. I know I have a extra JRX-S that I'm looking to get rid of.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Chris it sounds like you're making this way too hard on yourself.

In Omaha we have the Tamiya mini class. Everyone uses the same type of battery, motor and speed controller. We do it a little different than what fastlane is going to do, but it works for us and keeps the cost of racing very low.

Then we have Beginner class, 13.5/stock rubber, 4300/19t foam. Then the 12th scale classes. These classes you can run whatever type of car you want.

The novak motors are the only brushless allowed in these classes right now because the Novaks are the only one at the moment that simulates stock and 19t motors. And you don't have to buy lots of rotors. That is a total crock. Our fast oval guys (Phil) have ran the same 4300 motors, with the same rotor for over two years. There really isn't a reason to knock Novak for thier motors or their brushless system.

At our big races we change the classes a little to suit out of towners.

For our big fall race we'll probably have 13.5 rubber and stock touring foam, and a 13.5 12th scale class, and everyone who signs up for Tamiya mini will get a handout venom 3000 battery at no additional cost.

Its not that bad. Onroad is fun. 1/8th scale offroad is more fun, but onroad isn't that bad
Old 07-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Darkseid
You forgot to add: The fellowship of racers - $Priceless..
Actually, in the case for this class, the line would go...

The cheers from the spectators - Priceless!!!

Oh, and one other benefit that I forgot to mention...

You get to run bodies that actually look like REAL cars. Not just domes with headlight decals.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

+1 on what Darksied said.

Also our rubber classes use premounted take off 27 tires. $28.99 a pair and they will last a long time.

This also is to keep the cost of racing low.

Later,
Alex
Old 07-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
I'll run a 4300 up to your 13.5. Call it open stock you Sub-c maniac.
yea baby.... bring it on out...

Chris-What up?? hopefully Syndrome got ya all staightened out. I would think that if you only had a Mamba for your C-dan and there wasn't a "class" for you- You would still be able to run in the "stock" class... But I think you would see that it wouldn't be fair, and it would also be harder to control- as you have heard in the past "slower is faster", what an old cliche'

The main reason I think we don't run mod at Fastlane is that it is too fast for our track dimensions, if it was bigger, I don't think mod would be so frowned up...
Old 07-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BSYDOR
yea baby.... bring it on out...

Chris-What up?? hopefully Syndrome got ya all staightened out. I would think that if you only had a Mamba for your C-dan and there wasn't a "class" for you- You would still be able to run in the "stock" class... But I think you would see that it wouldn't be fair, and it would also be harder to control- as you have heard in the past "slower is faster", what an old cliche'

The main reason I think we don't run mod at Fastlane is that it is too fast for our track dimensions, if it was bigger, I don't think mod would be so frowned up...
You calling me a baby.? Baby.
I gotch yo baby. uh huh.............yip.
I can make you cry baby. uh huh.

Slithering.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSYDOR
For real! I'd love to do open mod outside on the big track. I got a car to do exactly that, but my schedule made it too hard to get away on Sunday. :-(

Anthony, if you do on-road again, what car do you think you'll use?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Tech Lord

B.Ba ba ab Billleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Bababbba Billleeeeeeee.

Billy billy billy te he Squeak squeak snap. Billeeeeeeeeeee

ba ba ba Billy billy billy billy. BBBBBBBBBBBillllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

SssssSssssssSssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.